• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Halo 2 is here, lets focus on...(56 avoid like the plague)

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
hl2bg1-800.jpg

hl2_022.jpg

HL2%20Urban%20Renewal_Q!02.jpg

HL2%20Engine%20Room%20Zombies_Q!02.jpg

30.jpg

screenshot.asp

02n.jpg

01n.jpg

08.jpg

06.jpg

gordon_snow_800.jpg

Soon....

Bregor

From what I hear, it is scheduled to be unlocked at 12 AM Pacific Time. And for those who ordered the Gold Package over Steam, they have apparently begun shipping the extras out.

Huh. I though it was coming the week of Thanksgiving. Guess I'm gonna have to pay attention to CAG to see if anyone has it on sale (Otherwise I'll go with Steam).

mumu

I still can't believe this game is finally coming out. Only seems like a year ago when i was all hyped up for it!

sp0rsk said:
oh, you mean the game that actually brings something new to the table?

What's new?

Game looks fucking stunning FUCKING STUNNING and the environmental effects / triggers / weapons / physics / HDRI in-game are FUCKING AWESOME. The building tall aliens are aweinspiring.

Takosuke

HL² is playing in the Vivendi office next to mine since more than a month, still haven't got the time to check :/ But my collector edition will be on my desk very soon (one of the few advantages that Vivendi own Blizzard, thaht and the fact taht I didn't have to move to Irvine to work on WoW ;p )

COCKLES

being watched
Anyone else worried that even shots in magazines that have reviewed the game ALWAYS show the exact same Euro City locations? Are Valve going to pull a Halo 2 on us and fuck off to Xen for the rest of the game? I fucking well hope not... having said that, I hope very little of the game takes place in Euroland, just looks...well like Stalker....so bland.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
COCKLES said:
Anyone else worried that even shots in magazines that have reviewed the game ALWAYS show the exact same Euro City locations?

They're all from the same small pool of press shots (and don't do City 17 justice, either).

Haha, I overlooked Halo 2 for this game instead. Should have a much much better singleplayer game attached to it (and decent multiplay, too.)

paul777

Banned
COCKLES said:
Anyone else worried that even shots in magazines that have reviewed the game ALWAYS show the exact same Euro City locations? Are Valve going to pull a Halo 2 on us and fuck off to Xen for the rest of the game? I fucking well hope not... having said that, I hope very little of the game takes place in Euroland, just looks...well like Stalker....so bland.

thanks for the spoilers on HALo2 in a HL2 thread.

Yeah Halo 2 is good and all, but this game I expect to be the big daddy to Halo's little boy. Semi-similar premise with similar mechanics etc. Come on PCI Express A64 mobos!!!

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Lets stick to more HL2 love, and less H2 comparisons :)

16th can't come quick enough.

Nov, best month in a long time for me....WoW & HL2...awesome

half-life-2-20041001075454584.jpgl

half-life-2-20041001075456256.jpg

half-life-2-20041001075451053.jpg

half-life-2-20041001075500506.jpg

halflife2pc038.jpg

halflife2pc00014.jpg

halflife2pc00011.jpg

halflife2pc023.jpg
halflife2pc029.jpg

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Anyone know HOW this will be unlocked? Like do we already have all the content, and will just have to log on to "unlock" it?

Really don't want to have to DL anything on opening night.

Bregor

Mr Pockets said:
Anyone know HOW this will be unlocked? Like do we already have all the content, and will just have to log on to "unlock" it?

Really don't want to have to DL anything on opening night.

I think there will probably be one more pre-load coming.

Also, they will most likely withhold some critical files till the time comes to unlock it, but they will probably be small ones.

Top Bottom