• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

It's part of the debate going on about what elements new IPs need to succeed on the market this generation as opposed to a raw new IP count, hence the listing of what each one is.

If we compare to your list, there are actually some notable trend differences. A lot of those lacked multiplayer and/or weren't open world, and several were being sold on the strength of a short-ish linear campaign.

The last gen list had 3 online shooters, a Bioware RPG that could have easily been KotoR3, Rock Band, Assassin's Creed and Bioshock (both long by today's standards and easily marketable being GTA-lite-with-knives and shooty shooty with pretty graphics).

Dead Rising/Crackdown/Darkness/Lost Planet I'm not sure deserve the mention because none of them did anything to the market. Looking up numbers I don't think any cracked 3 million either. Crackdown might have paved the way for Infamous/Prototype but those were probably in development before Crackdown's release. And Crackdown was again bolstered by Halo 3 more than anything else (even though I loved the game personally).

I honestly don't see much difference. Only MP sells unless a beloved dev makes an open world game that is hopefully an RPG unless the game is easily marketable and has guns. Now we expect RPG mechanics and persistent characters in everything, which has been true since CoD4 hit the scene.

Bgamer90

Banned
MS as a platform holder is perfectly fine, multiplat still sold healthy enough for third party to keep the support.
MS as a publisher might need some adjustment. Their ten pole are on decline and yet to found any new franchise success.
But they have many success people forget, their smaller titles like KI and Ori are doing well, maybe they should focus more on that.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they simply focus on their already existing huge franchises (Gears, Halo, Forza) in the retail space and have their new, more experimental IPs be digital only with those new IPs getting sequels that would be available in retail too (possibly with a free copy of the predecessor) if they are well received.

Heck, I think this transition is already starting to happen anyway.

That's nonsense. Remedy made the right type of game. No need for a shoehorned in multi-player mode that has no business being in there in the first place. They focused on what mattered and made one of the best games I've ever played.

The problem isn't whether or not a game is right or not, it's more so about whether or not that game has what it takes to overcome the stigma of it ticking less boxes in what's popular among AAA these days, and be a 2.5-3+ million sales IP out-the-gate.

I don't think single player linear cinematic action new IPs are incapable of doing so even in today's climate... but Quantum Break wasn't appealing enough to achieve that excitement.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
and it's a totally valid one. In canada we are paying 79.99 for new games and it's extremely hard to pull the trigger on a game that I'll just play the ~12 hour single player for and never touch again. Even if I would love the game and the developer. That's a large amount of money if you're not a baller. Even 60 bucks for america is a lot.

It doesn't always have to be tacked on multiplayer or open world game filled with filler but there just has to be a lot to do or good reasons to go back to a game. And I'm someone who will still make exceptions, I'm sure a lot of casual consumers don't and just stick with stuff they know they'll get value out of.
The vast majority of customers are also aware they can wait six months and buy a game for $20-$30 as well, so there's not much incentive to get it right away if they think it's not a great deal or don't need to immediately start playing with their friends.

The last gen list had 3 online shooters, a Bioware RPG that could have easily been KotoR3, Rock Band, Assassin's Creed and Bioshock (both long by today's standards and easily marketable being GTA-lite-with-knives and shooty shooty with pretty graphics).

Dead Rising/Crackdown/Darkness/Lost Planet I'm not sure deserve the mention because none of them did anything to the market. Looking up numbers I don't think any cracked 3 million either. Crackdown might have paved the way for Infamous/Prototype but those were probably in development before Crackdown's release. And Crackdown was again bolstered by Halo 3 more than anything else (even though I loved the game personally).

I honestly don't see much difference. Only MP sells unless a beloved dev makes an open world game that is hopefully an RPG unless the game is easily marketable and has guns. Now we expect RPG mechanics and persistent characters in everything, which has been true since CoD4 hit the scene.
We've been trending this way for a while, yes. I think it's gotten harsher in that direction as costs have went up and time has gone on. It's also a good argument for why it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

blakep267

The vast majority of customers are also aware they can wait six months and buy a game for $20-$30 as well, so there's not much incentive to get it right away if they think it's not a great deal or don't need to immediately start playing with their friends.
Yeah. While I enjoyed QB, if I hadn't gotten a gamefly membership for $1 during a promo they had and rented it, I probably wouldn't have played it until it got to $30 months from now

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they simply focus on their already existing huge franchises (Gears, Halo, Forza) in the retail space and have their new, more experimental IPs be digital only with those new IPs getting sequels that would be available in retail too (possibly with a free copy of the predecessor) if they are well received.

Heck, I think this transition is already starting to happen anyway.

But their huge franchises are in decline. That doesn't seem like a long term viable option

so basically dont make any new IPs unless they're open world multiplayer with RPG elements, got it

And even then, Scalebound still gon bomb smh

I thought I'd list out the $60 retail new IP console games this generation that sold 3+ million units.

3 million units is generally considered the "this is definitely worth keeping" bar by major publishers.

I'm being generous and counting things like "Tom Clancy" and "Lord of the Rings" as new IPs for our purposes.

Known:

- The Division: Open world online third person shooter loot RPG
- Destiny: Hub based online first person shooter loot RPG
- Watch Dogs: Open world GTA-style game with a variety of multiplayer modes.
- Titanfall: Online competitive first person shooter. Multiplayer only.
- Shadow of Mordor: Open world action adventure game based on popular license released at opportune time. Singleplayer only. Looking at job postings, it doesn't look like multiplayer is coming to the sequel, so we can see how this sustains.
- Splatoon: Multiplayer focused competitive third person shooter with a side campaign.

Presumed:

- Overwatch: It's not out yet, but Activision Blizzard is expecting it to sell over 3 million on the first day. Online multiplayer first person shooter with no campaign.

Borderline:

- The Crew: Online multiplayer open world racing game. Ubisoft said it had 3 million players, but it's not clear how many unique copies that maps to. We know it had previously shipped at least 2 million units.
- Bloodborne: Action RPG with online and open world elements. Very closely tied to successful series. Not clear if it passed 3 million as the last update was 2 million before the holidays.

Am I missing anything?

All this shows is that all 3rd party publishers have put all their eggs in two baskets, that is open world and online. I'm struggling to think of any new IP that's been announced by first or third parties which were not online or open world based, which in any capacity could have passed 3 million. They won't even consider giving a non-open world or online game big budgets, which is incredibly sad.

-Quantum Break was never going to break 3 million, just didn't look good right off the bat
-The Order 1886 was shit, that didn't help the cause

That's the only two I can think of, but even with first parties the focus is becoming online and open world. Horizon is open world which is new for GG, I think God Of War 4 will dabble into online again, GT Sport is all about online it seems etc.

The only developer I can think of at this minute that is trying to make linear games that get insane time and budgets is ND, but even they have a tacked on MP component. It's a very sad situation, it's no wonder for me that my interest in gaming had dwindled in the past few years, the type of games coming out aren't appealing to me.

It's actually sadder for me to think that I got a PS4 for the games which are dying out big time. After The Last guardian I don't think Sony will make something like that again, also getting the most horrible feeling that God Of War 4 will somehow be open world.

Gross. :(
It's alright, I play lots of Golf now :p

Since we're on the subject of Microsoft, what are we thinking the rest of their 2016 lineup can do at this point are we looking at more QB's or hits to refresh memories..

Gears 4
Sea of thrives
Halo wars 2
Recore?(is this AAA)
Crackdown

I missing any big games?

EGM1966

That's nonsense. Remedy made the right type of game. No need for a shoehorned in multi-player mode that has no business being in there in the first place. They focused on what mattered and made one of the best games I've ever played.
If we're talking the right kind of game to sell strongly then clearly they didn't. Actually to be fair the issue isn't just QB but the platform. As with a number of Sony titles last gen QB also had to overcome being on the inherently less popular platform in its key markets and just couldn't manage it.

It's always the additional challenge exclusives on less popular platforms face.

The real issue is how long MS tie it to Windows Store as I've no doubt it would sell well digitally on Steam but right now it's being denied that channel.

Since we're on the subject of Microsoft, what are we thinking the rest of their 2016 lineup can do at this point are we looking at more QB's or hits to refresh memories..

Gears 4
Sea of thrives
Halo wars 2
Recore?(is this AAA)
Crackdown

I missing any big games?

Recore is AAA. That unveil trailer did them no favors. I hope we get some gameplay at E3.

Saty

Am I missing anything?

Dying Light and maybe Garden Warfare.

--

'consumable mtx' basically means Pay-to-win, which publishers always say they are very careful about not doing. Why would anyone buy an item that then depletes and he has to buy again if it doesn't have a gameplay effect?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

--

'consumable mtx' basically means Pay-to-win, which publishers always say they are very careful about not doing. Why would anyone buy an item that then depletes and he has to buy again if it doesn't have a gameplay effect?

Oh yeah, Dying Light.

So that's an open world first person shooter with four player co-op and RPG elements.

Gears 4
Sea of thrives
Halo wars 2
Recore?(is this AAA)
Crackdown

I missing any big games?

If Sea of thieves is implemented really well I think it could be a surprise hit. Something which as a multiplayer could garner a long term community base to build on. Rocket league came from nowhere and was a monster hit and has a thriving community. If Rare could produce something which created a similar buzz im sure Microsoft would be very happy.

I think mobile gaming kinda twisted buying habits of gamers. During PS2 era people were happily spending 50 bucks for short single player games (if you account inflation it's actually more than $60 is today) but nowadays they wont despite the fact that a lot more money has been spent to create that short single player game for you.

wapplew

Look at top selling games this gen. It's clear what people want - GRIND

More like value.
How much hours of entertainment/content they can get from $60 is the top priority regardless of quality.
And maybe save bet with their $60 so they bet on well known product instead of risk for something unknown.

Fady K

Honestly I'm very surprised to see anyone excited by what we've seen of Recore so far. The trailer gave nothing about the gameplay away, was a fully CG teaser. I don't get what people are excited for- as of yet.

Bgamer90

Banned
But their huge franchises are in decline. That doesn't seem like a long term viable option

Halo 5 didn't do as well as previous Halos but it was still the best selling exclusive game last year. Forza is in decline due to the racing genre as a whole being in decline and we haven't seen anything for Gears yet.

The Xbox 360 dominating in the US with its successor not doing the same obviously plays a role in the decline but these franchises are still helping people choose Xbox over Playstation so it wouldn't be smart in my opinion to move away from these franchises. Sales (again) also show that people are buying consoles mainly for third party games/support.

I don't like saying this (since I find it to be a bit too simple and not unique) but its looking more and more like everything falls into place if your console is the most powerful for multiplats as these years go by since those games are what most people are buying consoles for.

As others have said, it's not looking like Xbox will make a comeback in its most popular territoires this gen. Therefore, I feel that new retail game IPs like Recore and Scalebound aren't going to do well. If games of this nature though could get more "I'll check it out"-attention via being cheaper in price as digital only titles then that (in my opinion) would set a good base for these new IPs turning into solid franchises in the retail space if the Xbox brand becomes dominant in its most popular territoires again (i.e.: next gen).

For example, I can definitely see Killer Instinct and Ori being titles that do well in retail next gen if the "Xbox 4" is the more powerful console to play multiplats. Those titles being digital oriented this gen definitely helped since I'm positive that they would have bombed as $60 retail titles.

QaaQer

Look at top selling games this gen. It's clear what people want - GRIND

Do people want to spend hundreds on ultimate packs trying to get a particular card? Do people really want to spend hundreds of hours grinding for light levels? I have a hard time accepting this. What is happening is some companies are using data to increase the addictive-ness of their products in order to drive profits.

so basically dont make any new IPs unless they're open world multiplayer with RPG elements, got it

And even then, Scalebound still gon bomb smh

Scalebound won't bomb if it gets great reviews. I think it will be the first new Microsoft IP that actually hits home this generation.

wapplew

Honestly I'm very surprised to see anyone excited by what we've seen of Recore so far. The trailer gave nothing about the gameplay away, was a fully CG teaser. I don't get what people are excited for- as of yet.

Plenty of reasons, Inafune, the setting, ex retro dev, more importantly the MS hype machine is strong on this one (just like QB).

Quazar

Do people want to spend hundreds on ultimate packs trying to get a particular card? Do people really want to spend hundreds of hours grinding for light levels? I have a hard time accepting this. What is happening is some companies are using data to increase the addictive-ness of their products in order to drive profits.

Eh I won t dispute that, especially considering I come from analytics field. But it's like above poster said, value. I think episodic approach to SP games is great on the other hand.

demigod

Insecure about their favorite brand.

TeddyBoy

Gears 4
Sea of thrives
Halo wars 2
Recore?(is this AAA)
Crackdown

I missing any big games?

Are we sure Halo Wars 2 is coming out this year? We still haven't seen gameplay yet and so unless they do a full gameplay blowout at E3 I don't see it making this year.

Fady K

Plenty of reasons, Inafune, the setting, ex retro dev, more importantly the MS hype machine is strong on this one (just like QB).

Hmm...Inafune hasn't set the world on fire much since leaving Capcom...if anything, I think he's had a multi-media project led by a 3DS game (about Pirates) get canceled and the Mighty No. 9 game which has a very damaged reputation prior to release already. The setting looks cool but...ex-retro devs haven't been doing all that great either (Dead Star, Batman Arkham Blackgate)...MS hype machine was also there for Project Milo....Project Spark...etc...

Need to see much more of this first. Definitely on E3 I guess.

Yeah, I can imagine honestly, cause it looked like a pretty cool teaser at best honestly. Hope it turns out to be fantastic, but we know almost nothing about it.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If Sea Of Thieves tanks, which I think is likely, I fear for Rare.

It seems like another casualty in the making for MS "games-as-a-service-or-die" approach.

wapplew

Are we sure Halo Wars 2 is coming out this year? We still haven't seen gameplay yet and so unless they do a full gameplay blowout at E3 I don't see it making this year.

Wait for /E3//

Honestly, two MS cgi teaser without any screenshot or gameplay set to release this year...if they delay them, we should ban all cgi teaser forever.

phant0m

The problem isn't whether or not a game is right or not, it's more so about whether or not that game has what it takes to overcome the stigma of it ticking less boxes in what's popular among AAA these days, and be a 2.5-3+ million sales IP out-the-gate.

I don't think single player linear cinematic action new IPs are incapable of doing so even in today's climate... but Quantum Break wasn't appealing enough to achieve that excitement.

The gameplay simply wasn't good. I enjoyed the game in spite of said gameplay because of its story. I guess there's "you're playing it wrong" and all that, but I LOVED MP 1/2 and Alan Wake, which made it really disappointing when QB just didn't jive for me.

--

Emotes, while not consumable, by their very nature (based on currently popular memes and dances) end up becoming consumable because players get bored of them.

I mean, who is still using the Carlton dance in destiny?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Another way of looking at options of what AAA will be made in the future it is, sadly, consumables.

Within the next two years, the vast majority of AAA games will feature mtx purchasable consumables.

If you can think of a game that could support consumables in some fashion, that game has a chance of being made.

It's the next big push.

While it's self evident how these things work in Overwatch/Rainbow Six/Halo, I'm curious to see how this gets implemented into campaign focused games, especially if they lack multiplayer modes.

Like it's hard to imagine where repetitive engagement and microtransactions work into BioShock or Batman or Shadow of Mordor as is.

Presumably the products will just have to be edited to fit the mold, since I can't imagine stuff like Tomb Raider's card packs for a side horde mode are actually making any money.

Edit:

Looking at Crystal Dynamics and Rocksteady, they're hiring a bunch of networking people, so maybe it's just the easy solution of adding multiplayer for some of these studios:
https://crystald.com/careers/getJob/oWqx2fwF
http://rocksteadyltd.com/wp/job/senior-network-programmer/
http://rocksteadyltd.com/wp/job/senior-engine-coder-x2-core-engine/

Sterok

While it's self evident how these things work in Overwatch/Rainbow Six/Halo, I'm curious to see how this gets implemented into campaign focused games, especially if they lack multiplayer modes.

Like it's hard to imagine where repetitive engagement and microtransactions work into BioShock or Batman or Shadow of Mordor as is.

Presumably the products will just have to be edited to fit the mold.

Doesn't Assassin's Creed have microtransactions? How successful were those?

MS hype machine was also there for Project Milo....Project Spark...etc...

I mean, if we're going to ignore all the other games MS have launched over the years like Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, Sunset Overdrive, Alan Wake, Ori etc then I guess we could pick a tech demo from 2010/11(?) for Kinect and a F2P service/building thing.

Im not sure either of those really had much on the hype train compared to a bunch of their other releases anyway.

Very strange thing to bring up, given neither of them have really have any relevance to the type of game ReCore is (and by that I mean being an actual game)

Yeah, I can imagine honestly, cause it looked like a pretty cool teaser at best honestly. Hope it turns out to be fantastic, but we know almost nothing about it.

Im not sure what insecurity has to do with anything either?

The teaser was interesting with some cool ideas and possibilities, its not really the sort of game i'd necessarily expect from MS which is nice (story heavy it seems). Armature devs did good work at Nintendo for a lot of people and they talked about the story, the robots and how you can change the core and put it in other ones to do different things, dynamic weather which will open things up, Joe Staten (who was a writer at Bungie for Halo) is leading the narrative side of it for MS, Inafune has been involved in some good things - although probably a blessing he isnt entirely in charge of the project too.

Is it open-world or just hub-based? How deep does the robot stuff go? Im sure there are other common features in there which will appeal to people too

They put a teaser out there to get people interested, people are interested. Its hardly rocket science, is it? Lots of people are excited for other games which get CGI trailers and teasers in new brands, previous works of the developer etc. Insecurity has nothing to do with it. People buy a box, MS publish a game on the box from a developer with a decent (if less so lately) track record, probably got a good budget and a cool idea.

Unless you're saying that pretty much every consumer is insecure over their "favourite brand" because reasons

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Doesn't Assassin's Creed have microtransactions? How successful were those?

I think they only kept the map unlock type options for Syndicate, and Ubisoft completely restructured the company around releasing online service games as their primary output to fix their digital revenue problem, so I'm guessing not well enough.

"Edited to fit the mold" is the right way to think about it. Not immediately, but over the next couple years, gradually, more and more titles will do it. It's already happening of course, people are just starting to think really creatively about it. Out of necessity and a desire for survival more than anything. Lots of "living, breathing worlds" and those kinds of pitches.

But, respectfully, it didn't sell particularly well. And it has no mechanics to generate higher revenue per user post purchase.

kswiston

I'm LTTP here, but over 500k for DS3 seems pretty solid. Throw in another ~250k for US sales on Steam in April, and isn't that close to double what Dark Souls 2 did first month (DS2 wasn't on PC at launch)?

I'm not surprised that Bravely second was under 100k. I wonder how many owners of the first game actually finished it.

Hey, how about that toys to life category?

What will retail do with Infinity calling it quits? A lot of shelving is dedicated to it. Do they expand the other brands? Take the space away and give it to something like VR? What would be left to appeal to kids on consoles?

What will retail do with Infinity calling it quits? A lot of shelving is dedicated to it. Do they expand the other brands? Take the space away and give it to something like VR? What would be left to appeal to kids on consoles?

More space/market for skylanders, Lego and amiibo. Disney bailed so put their stuff in a bin (not literally), maybe it will slow a decline now Disney cancelled DI.

Bgamer90

Banned

Did you see what EA is doing with Madden Ultimate Team? I think it's a smart business move to get kids (who shouldn't be making online purchases) into the game mode.

W.S.

But, respectfully, it didn't sell particularly well. And it has no mechanics to generate higher revenue per user post purchase.
I would expect that Microsoft knew fully well what they were selling (single player story focused game) so they didn't see a need for it.

That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind some DLC for it.

Mory Dunz

Halo 5 didn't do as well as previous Halos but it was still the best selling exclusive game last year. Forza is in decline due to the racing genre as a whole being in decline and we haven't seen anything for Gears yet.

The Xbox 360 dominating in the US with its successor not doing the same obviously plays a role in the decline but these franchises are still helping people choose Xbox over Playstation so it wouldn't be smart in my opinion to move away from these franchises. Sales (again) also show that people are buying consoles mainly for third party games/support.
giphy.gif

Fady K

I mean, if we're going to ignore all the other games MS have launched over the years like Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, Sunset Overdrive, Alan Wake, Ori etc then I guess we could pick a tech demo from 2010/11(?) for Kinect and a F2P service/building thing.

Im not sure either of those really had much on the hype train compared to a bunch of their other releases anyway.

Very strange thing to bring up, given neither of them have really have any relevance to the type of game ReCore is (and by that I mean being an actual game)

Im not sure what insecurity has to do with anything either?

The teaser was interesting with some cool ideas and possibilities, its not really the sort of game i'd necessarily expect from MS which is nice (story heavy it seems). Armature devs did good work at Nintendo for a lot of people and they talked about the story, the robots and how you can change the core and put it in other ones to do different things, dynamic weather which will open things up, Joe Staten (who was a writer at Bungie for Halo) is leading the narrative side of it for MS, Inafune has been involved in some good things - although probably a blessing he isnt entirely in charge of the project too.

Is it open-world or just hub-based? How deep does the robot stuff go? Im sure there are other common features in there which will appeal to people too

They put a teaser out there to get people interested, people are interested. Its hardly rocket science, is it? Lots of people are excited for other games which get CGI trailers and teasers in new brands, previous works of the developer etc. Insecurity has nothing to do with it. People buy a box, MS publish a game on the box from a developer with a decent (if less so lately) track record, probably got a good budget and a cool idea.

Unless you're saying that pretty much every consumer is insecure over their "favourite brand" because reasons

MS has indeed some great games showcased over the years as you mentioned above. Recore had it's fair share of fans - including yourself, I still can't figure out why. There's little to be excited about based on what they showed, cause they showed very little so far - including zero gameplay. Despite what you said about Recore, all I saw was a pretty cool teaser trailer. Too early or little to judge or be excited about, IMO.

As for the insecurity thing, I guess it's for those who went nuts over the game being an exclusive to their platform of choice having known almost nothing about the game.

Speaking of recore, it's been a year I think? Hopefully MS shows something cool at the conference. Would be nice for Armature to have their first big hit.

I don't like saying this (since I find it to be a bit too simple and not unique) but its looking more and more like everything falls into place if your console is the most powerful for multiplats as these years go by since those games are what most people are buying consoles for.

As others have said, it's not looking like Xbox will make a comeback in its most popular territoires this gen. Therefore, I feel that new retail game IPs like Recore and Scalebound aren't going to do well. If games of this nature though could get more "I'll check it out"-attention via being cheaper in price as digital only titles then that (in my opinion) would set a good base for these new IPs turning into solid franchises in the retail space if the Xbox brand becomes dominant in its most popular territoires again (i.e.: next gen).

For example, I can definitely see Killer Instinct and Ori being titles that do well in retail next gen if the "Xbox 4" is the more powerful console to play multiplats. Those titles being digital oriented this gen definitely helped since I'm positive that they would have bombed as $60 retail titles.

Not only was it not the best selling exclusive title but it was even lower than H4 and sold less that internal estimates from retail outlets like Gamestop were projecting and that was after the abysmal launch of MCC. The real disconcerting thing about H5 though is its the best MP that franchise has had since 3 and its a wasteland compared to other games on the platform.

MS really made a mistake not investing in new exciting properties back when the 360 was selling so well and now they have gone all in with franchises that have reached a saturation point and are declining.

Those indie titles you listed are great but by no means pulling in the competitors demographic. Instead MS is selling to the same core group that has since broadened out.

cilonen

Gears 4
Sea of thrives
Halo wars 2
Recore?(is this AAA)
Crackdown

I missing any big games?

Gears and Crackdown could be bright spots. I don't see Recore being a hit with Xbone owners and I think Sea of Thieves will be a galleon sized shipwreck.

prwxv3

H5 didn't even beat Splatoon and it still didn't come close to even H4 when it comes to sales and was far lower than even internal estimates from retail outlets like Gamestop were projecting and that was after the abysmal launch of the MCC. The real disconcerting thing about H5 though is its the best MP that franchise has had since 3 and its a wasteland compared to other games on the platform.

MS really made a mistake not investing in new exciting properties back when the 360 was selling so well and now they have gone all in with franchises that have reached a saturation point and are declining.

Those indie titles you listed are great but by no means pulling in the competitors demographic. Instead MS is selling to the same core group that has since broadened out.

Sony is kicking Microsoft's ass when it comes to getting smaller digital games on their platform. It's not even close. Sony have cultivated a very nice audience that buys these games and so devs are flocking to the platform.

Overall Sony have cultivated a audience that buys games from nearly all genras. MS has not.

Top Bottom