• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

So you think it's normal that Forza Horizon 2 which was released back in 2014 on Xone and X360 sold better than Bloodborne which came in 2015 on PS4? Sony announced 2 million sales for Bloodborne months ago. That's not small.

Forza Horizon 2 was bundled a ton on 360 iirc and also included in various XB1 stuff as well (to a lesser extent on XB1 but still used plenty) so that might explain it. Plus UK loves racers

driver116

So you think it's normal that Forza Horizon 2 which was released back in 2014 on Xone and X360 sold better than Bloodborne which came in 2015 on PS4? Sony announced 2 million sales for Bloodborne months ago. That's not small.

UK includes bundles.
Also, FH2 had it's price slashed to £20 early in the year.

Kolx

Yes, of course. Two platforms, and it was bundled left and right.

Not bundled for 2015 as far as I know. At least not as long as Bloodborne which came out THIS YEAR. Also X360 is not really that big, same as RotTR situation.

Forza Horizon 2 was bundled a ton on 360 iirc and also included in various XB1 stuff as well (to a lesser extent on XB1 but still used plenty) so that might explain it. Plus UK loves racers

This is probably the reason. It just sucks that a good game like BB can't be in a list where 2014 not cod tier games exist.

Where is Halo? :( QUOTE]

Where it belongs. The franchise has completely strayed from its roots and has dropped significantly in quality. Sales were eventually going to reflect this.

PS3+360 after 26 months = 15.915.900

PS4 + XB1 after 26 months = 23.396.373 ( 47% higher )

Pretty impressive. Having said that the PS3 sold like shit especially early on so I can't say it's that surprising.

Hawk269

Lack of Halo 5 really surprises me, but I guess MCC and the other shooters ate up most the market share.

I really think the lack of "Chief" in a lot of the marketing and making it look like a showdown between an unknown Spartan and "Chief". If Halo 6 has any chance, they really need to focus on Chief and the game needs to be all Chief (playing as Chief) or a very high percentage of it. With the way the game ended, I am not sure how they would market it in a way to recapture that "Finish the Fight" type of messaging.

Good to see the PS4/Xbox One selling as good as they are. Even with a 2:1 ratio, the fact that both systems are selling as good as they are and pushing software sales is good for the future and the industry/gamers.

MS used their biggest trump card this year (Halo) and failed to close the gap in the US. Better luck next gen.

Anyone who actually thought Halo 5 would close the gap (not just a month or two of slightly better sales for the Xbone, but fully closing the gap) is living in a dream world.

So PS and Xbox strong as ever while Nintendo dropped like a rock.

Basically. Comparison's this entire gen to last gen won't be quite fair because Nintendo went Supernova the entire last generation both in terms of Wii and DS

The core market is as strong or stronger than ever. That said the expanded market has no doubt shrunk

Asd202

Basically. Comparison's this entire gen to last gen won't be quite fair because Nintendo went Supernova the entire last generation both in terms of Wii and DS

The core market is as strong or stronger than ever. That said the expanded market has no doubt shrunk

Yep AAA is safe for now.

Alo0oy

Banned

Bloodborne also sold well in the rest of Europe, Japan, & rest of the world.

Loris146

PS3+360 after 26 months = 15.915.900

PS4 + XB1 after 26 months = 23.396.373 ( 47% higher )

PS3 + 360 after 25 months = 13.929.900

PS4 + XB1 after 25 months = 20.476.953 ( 47 % higher )

PS4 + XB1 ( 26 months ) - Ps4+ XB1 ( 25 months) = 2.919.420

PS4 + XB1 December = 2.919.420 ML

Hope my math is not off lol

I used this quote :

The lead from the prior generation has expanded due to the strong PS4 and Xbox One 2015 holiday, going from 38 percent by the end of October, growing to 47 percent by the end of November, and maintaining 47 percent higher sales by the end of December.

Whoa... Splatoon sold a million in NA alone? When did that happen?

I must've been paying to close attention to its Japanese performance to notice.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Anyone who actually thought Halo 5 would close the gap (not just a month or two of slightly better sales for the Xbone, but fully closing the gap) is living in a dream world.

I think they could've done so with an official price cut. Instead they clearly thought their lineup was strong enough not to need a price cut. Or they wanted to earn some money this year.

Top Bottom