• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2009

Vinci

Danish
That's sort of the under-appreciated side to Live. People talk about Achievements, they talk about voice chat, and Netflix, and all these fancy perks - but it doesn't get discussed enough just how wonderful a marketing tool it is.

It does its job very, very well.

borghe said:
fixed for bitter tears. 90% of the posts in these threads are just fucking excuses and reasons created to support someone's opinion, no matter how right, wrong, informaed or misinformed it might be. The fact is that hardcore games succeed and fail on the wii the same as they succeed and fail on all systems, and the same way casual games succeed and fail on both the wii and other systems. Games fail, yet it seems the wii is always the one where it's the system's fault or perception as to why a particular game fails. hmm... how does that work?

Simple, publishers are pigeon holing the Wii's userbase (Just like they have with all Nintendo consoles and handhelds since the N64) in an attempt to avoid developing games for Nintendo's platforms.

Whether it's kiddiness, low userbase size, "only Nintendo games sell" or "only old grannies have a Wii" it's the same old thing as before. It's just an excuse and it doesn't matter how well Nintendo's consoles sell, western developers will continue to always avoid putting their best effort on Nintendo's consoles.

Japanese developers don't seem to hold much of a grudge against Nintendo themselves though since the DS is getting healthy support, but the devs by and large want to work on the HD machines so they're obviously avoiding Wii development because they want to work with high powered consoles.

This generation is set now, you will never get a major franchise from a major western developer with full effort being put on its production on the Wii (And probably DS now) Hopefully we might still see some Japanese developers throw strong support (We're finally starting to see some form of shift with Dragon Quest 10 and Tales of Graces actually, along with Monster Hunter 3 and Crystal Bearers)

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Opiate said:
No, the install bases are fairly similar. The install base of the PS3 in America now is similar to the 360's install base at the release of Army of Two a year ago.

And even if that hadn't been considered, "install base" is a flimsy argument at best. In essence, you could excuse every PS3 game's sales in this fashion. Publishers don't care about "relative to install base" figures, they care about sales. The bottom line is the bottom line.

I know that publisher's don't care about 'relative to install base' figures but 'we' are not the publishers, we're geeks on a sales thread, and you can't honestly in you heart of hearts tell me that if there was 17 million PS3's in NA that those sales figures wouldn't be telling a completely different story then your kidding yourself.

The fact is KZ2 will ultimately sell millions WW and be a successful game.

womp

The moment Courtney Cox shows up in a commercial sitting on an IKEA couch playing Chinatown Wars next March it'll hit #1 and be backordered on Amazon.

No worries guys.

Grecco

borghe said:
. But at the same time there are plenty of decent games on the 360 with new or lesser IPs that have tanked spectacularly or at the very least probably didn't cover production costs.

X360 faliures just arent as "spectacular". Fear 2, Star Ocean, 50 Cent, Wanted, Hawx, Matt Hazard, ect ect (These are just for the past two months)

The X360 isnt a sure fire software seller either. Its hard to find success on all plataforms these days.

Opiate said:
No, the install bases are fairly similar. The install base of the PS3 in America now is similar to the 360's install base at the release of Army of Two a year ago.
Plus, when you go down that road you can look at another game... one that sold 3.3m in 12 days to ~6.2m 360s. In comparison to 0.62m Killzone 2 sales in 37 days to ~7.2 PS3s.

But obviously, that one's a bit of a unique case.

Total industry sales for March - $1.43 billion (down 17%): first-quarter sales (at $4.25 billion) are now flat for 2009 as a result

Hardware sales dropped 18% to $455.55 million

Accessories sales fell 15% to $185.67 million

Software sales fell 17% to $185.67 million

-18% in relation to what? The same period of the last year of -18% in relation with February results?

Mrbob

Agent Icebeezy said:
Look at how Microsoft has done since the launch of the 360 and even more so with NXE, there is tons of stuff about games every time you go to a new part of the dashboard if you are connected to Live. They keep you informed. You don't see that with Sony until you log into the Playstation store.

Indeed. This was one of my arguments for having a disc versus a code for Lost and Damned retail box. MS bombards the end user with a ton of advertising on the NXE for everything. Retail games, downloadable games, DLC, movies, xbox originals. It really is well done. Heck they even tie in events for new releases. They also tie events back into older games. With all the work MS does put into keeping the 360 end user current with games the system does really deserve having the highest share of software sales for multiplatform games. Sony is doing a better job now too with Pulse and to a lesser extent Qore, but it still doesn't hold a candle to NXE.

Forkball

Well I missed all the actual discussion, but I wanted to throw out some thoughts:

No SFIV? Was it really that frontloaded?

I wouldn't freak out about no Chinatown Wars. It was released in late March, and many people were critical of the game from the beginning. Hopefully the reviews and word of mouth give it legs, it's easily one of the DS's best titles and deserves to be played.

Even though Pokemon Platinum was only out for a week, you still have to be impressed that RE5 beat it.

Halo Wars? Seriously? People knew it wasn't a FPS right?

VAIL

30k a week for a DS game that isn't the pokeman's is respectable, and there are factors to consider before calling it a "bomb"

-The target demographic...I would be interested to see how many people have vs. how many "own" it as the people most likely to have a flash cart are who they are aiming at.

-DS and hell Nintendo system games in general are slow burners...this will have legs and probably have a decent number as time goes on.

Time will tell, I do expect a small to moderate amount of crow eating down the road.

Opiate

lowrider007 said:
I know that publisher don't care about 'relative to install base' figures but 'we' are not the publishers, we're geeks on a sales thread, and you can't honestly in you heart of hearts tell me that if there was 17 million PS3's in NA that those sales figures wouldn't be telling a completely different story then your kidding yourself.

Of course it would be different, I absolutely agree. I'm just tired of excuses.

We excuse the game sales because the install base is low.
We excuse the install base because the price is 400.
We excuse the price because the technology is so high tech. Sony has already lost billions of dollars keeping the PS3 at a competitive price.

And thus, no one is to blame. That bothers me, quite a bit.

The fact is KZ2 will ultimately sales millions WW and be a successful game.

It just depends how one defines "success." Will it make a profit? I suspect so. Will it allow for significant growth in this sector for Sony? Will it do well compared to similarly reviewed games with significant exposure? I think the answer to both of those questions is no.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Grecco said:
X360 faliures just arent as "spectacular". Fear 2, Star Ocean, 50 Cent, Wanted, Hawx, Matt Hazard, ect ect (These are just for the past two months)
heh, I think they aren't spectacular because 360-loving GAF (an observation, not a criticism) usually don't let them become spectacular. When those games failed most of GAF moved on. But typically when a PS3 or Wii game fails, they pretend to analyze and dissect the failure. Of course there is no real interest in why it failed, only to say that had the game been released on 360 it probably would have sold better.

I touched on this yesterday but pulled a couple of old quotes to sort of prove a point. RE 5 was one of the most bitched about demos in recent memory. Can we now stop the idea that demos in and of themsevles combined with internet impressions solely are some magical barometer of what a game will sell.

Dash Kappei said:
Yeah, I think this one of those cases where not releasing a demo at all would have been better (for sales figures I mean).
A lot of people would have just gone by RE4 awesomness and bought the game, and it's not like naysayers were likely going to change idea about RE5 after playing the demo.
Now, there's plenty of people considering NOT buying the game after having played the game, even people that were day 1 buyers before, myself included.

MWS Natural said:
Exactly. Too many RE fanboys in here defending last gen controls. Shit is inexcusable; after playing the demo none of my friends or co-workers plan to still buy the game.

Zabka said:
Depends...the name and the graphics will attract a LOT of people, but the default aiming speed is atrocious and makes the game seem sluggish when it isn't. Also, anyone who isn't willing to adjust their settings and give the game a good 30 minutes to learn will cause some bad word of mouth. There's going to be a lot of people like that.

I think the demo will hurt the game more than help it at this point.

Sinister Hatter said:
Just played the demo, and I must say, like many of you, I am not a fan of the controls. I loved RE4, because at the time, I could not rap my head around 2-stick controls. Now, after forcing myself to figure it out, I feel gimped and helpless. Unless there is a patch to make this play more like MGS4 or Dead Space this game is a no buy.

Mrbob said:
Capcom better hope so.

However, this isn't whining about texture comparisons or framerate whoring....it is complaining about how the game physically controls to the end user. Much bigger issue, but maybe Capcom can stay in their bubble and hope this is just interent whining so their huge tentpole release does not bomb at retail.

jibblypop

Banned
Mrbob said:
Find a new hobby? :p

Or maybe the industry should adapt to realize there may be an audience that thinks "hardcore game" doesn't have to mean cheesy violent shooter aimed at 13 year olds.
I'm not satisfied with the output on 360 or wii (I dont have a ps3)
The wii stuff aims too casual a lot of the time and the 360 stuff is considered hardcore simply because it's violent and aimed at young men? Bullshit.

Maybe I'm wrong though. There may not be a market for people like me. Every time I think a game looks interesting, no one else seems to care about it. :(

/me salutes De Blob.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
gofreak said:
As a gamer who's well tuned in enough as is..fuccck, don't give them any ideas!

I can see how advertising directly in the OS could help with broader awareness of games though. From a business POV it makes a lot of sense. But from my XMB aesthetics sense..vader-nooooo.jpg.

Besides, I don't think they've done too badly with getting the base behind games..globally RE5 and SFIV have overperformed on PS3 relatively. KZ2 might have benefitted from a bigger "if you're a ps3 owner you'll want this' kind of push, though.

I don't particularly care for it either and I have a degree for marketing. I also happen to live in Gamestop from time to time and I'm very knowledgable. Its just that Microsoft bombards with the ads. I prefer the look of the XMB, nice, simple and elegant but there should be something to alert the PS3 collective of a hot new game coming out.

Vinci

Danish
VAIL said:
Time will tell, I do expect a small to moderate amount of crow eating down the road.

There won't be any crow eating. There never has been on any of the bombs that eventually turn out not to be bombs. That won't change with GTA:CW.

Grecco said:

LOL 50, matt hazard?? I agree with Fear and Star ocean However

Mrbob

Jibblypop pick up Mirrors edge. It is cheap now. I grabbed that and LBP and having fun with both.

Oh and yeah I got owned on my RE5 prediction. I underestimated the Capcom pull this gen. I still stand by the comment the game is shit for control, and don't plan to play the retail anytime soon.

Haunted

Stoney Mason said:
I touched on this yesterday but pulled a couple of old quotes to sort of prove a point. RE 5 was one of the most bitched about demos in recent memory. Can we now stop the idea that demos in and of themsevles combined with internet impressions solely are some magical barometer of what a game will sell.
Wait wait, are you saying that brand name has more sway than hardcore gamer's demo impressions?

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say!

That said, I didn't buy the game due to the demo... but did enjoy the main game more than I thought I would (borrowed it from a friend).

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Mrbob said:
Indeed. This was one of my arguments for having a disc versus a code for Lost and Damned retail box. MS bombards the end user with a ton of advertising on the NXE for everything. Retail games, downloadable games, DLC, movies, xbox originals. It really is well done. Heck they even tie in events for new releases. They also tie events back into older games. With all the work MS does put into keeping the 360 end user current with games the system does really deserve having the highest share of software sales for multiplatform games. Sony is doing a better job now too with Pulse and to a lesser extent Qore, but it still doesn't hold a candle to NXE.

I know, I was just looking at it because I'm about to play some Prince of Persia and I see Quanum of Solace, then behind it, Netflix, 1 vs 100, then Riddick, then Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. All of this cascaded in a way so that they are visible to the user. Its pretty brilliant actually.

jibblypop

Banned
Mrbob said:
Jibblypop pick up Mirrors edge. It is cheap now. I grabbed that and LBP and having fun with both.

Those two games are excellent. Sadly, I couldn't pick up Mirror's Edge because when I played the demo I couldn't read anything on the screen on my SDTV. It was a real shame. However I'm buying an HDTV in September so I will pick it up then.
Mirror's Edge sold poorly though, right? It kind of makes me think I'm right about there not being a market for the type of games i like.

Vinci said:
DS and PC, man. That's where I'm spending most of my time, 'cause I feel the same way.

I'm a huge DS gamer as well. Also XBLA has been the savior of the xbox360 for me. If I was only playing the retail games, I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

Threi

notag
BruceLeeRoy said:
Haunted I have always wanted to know this. How is it that your avatar randomly seems to change all the time? Are you manually changing the file or do you have a script somehow randomly picking it out of a directory?

Its sad but I must know!
He pays a german midget to change the avatar everytime a GAFer refreshes the page

Zachack said:
Yeah but what about Madworld? Your (and Vinci's apparently) buddy and N-Mate Scrubking decided to include that in his rant. That means that not only do you have to defend poutine, you also have to defend a completely other type of food that shares maybe one or two components with poutine but still is very different, like a cheese beverage or a potato dessert.
Actually I don't like Madworld that much :( The visual style is amazing, but everything else has been eh :/

Why that game fails to sell? You could say demographics, but you have to be more specific, as with everyone in this thread. I remember posting a couple pages back asking where I stand if I don't like ultraviolent games geared towards teenage males or soccer moms. The point I was trying to make is that the market isn't that easy to segment, and there are many other (an almost infinite amount) of factors that can differentiate who buys what games. I guess you can put it like this: Adding components to a game that makes it more "hardcore" for lack of a better word, you are increasing potential sales for that particular portion of the market, but the appeal of markets similar to that one get decreased. My theory of the Wii userbase is that there is no clear demographic that dominates the console, but instead a very wide spread of different demographics that overlap when you describe them loosely (e.g. Casuals). Because of this I don't think any game that has a narrow appeal will sell well on the Wii, core or casual. And that is why games with at least a loose appeal to the different demographics are mega hits (e.g. Mario Kart, Wii Sports).

Would Madworld sell on PS3/360? Well maybe, but MadWorld would not have been MadWorld if it was on the PS3/360 so it's not really worth debating a hypothetical.

Would MadWorld be better on PS3/360? The gameplay is kind of shallow even with waggle, it would be the most boring shit on earth to play with a gamepad (IMO) :lol

(food analogy will be posted later)

Mrbob

jibblypop said:
Those two games are excellent. Sadly, I couldn't pick up Mirror's Edge because when I played the demo I couldn't read anything on the screen on my SDTV. It was a real shame. However I'm buying an HDTV in September so I will pick it up then.
Mirror's Edge sold poorly though, right? It kind of makes me think I'm right about there not being a market for the type of games i like.

The story is pretty incomprehensible, and it is voice acted so you should be ok. Yeah the game didn't sell that great, but EA is making a sequel.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Vinci said:
What's odd about this generation: My console of choice is winning, by a wide margin, and yet I'm so disinterested in the direction the console market is heading I'm thinking I may just stick with handhelds and PCs from now on.

Well, in all fairness, we have yet to see what that new direction entails. It really only is the beginning — a chaotic, ugly beginning, as many beginnings are, sadly. As much as I like to mock and rail against the third parties' inability to catch the Wii wave (and even the DS wave to a lesser extent) without making themselves look like fools, I think they will eventually figure out what that new direction is all about and develop more tasteful software for the Wii.

It would be a shame if the Wii was destined to be first and foremost the home of Ubisoftz games, but that simply won't go on forever. I don't think we've seen anything yet, only the tip of the tip of the iceberg, and it's called "competent Nintendo software". My gripe against the industry is merely that the process is so slow and painful. Absolutely baffling.

In the meantime, I agree with you: the DS and PC are the best platforms right now. And even on the DS, I don't have that many games. Yeah, on the freaking DS. I'm just picky and jaded like that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Threi said:
He pays a german midget to change the avatar everytime a GAFer refreshes the page

har har har

if anyone ACTUALLY wants a random avatar, they can use this:

Code:
<?php
$avDir = opendir(".");
while($f = readdir($avDir))
{
if(eregi("jpeg$",$f)||eregi("jpg$",$f)||eregi("gif$",$f)||eregi("png$",$f)) $avs[]=$f;
}
$num = rand(0,count($avs));
closedir($avDir);
header("Location: {$f[$num]}");
?>

copy all that, paste in notepad, save as "randavatar.php" (use the quotation marks, dummy!) or whatever, put it in a folder along with all the avatars you want and no other images (say www.mydomain.com/avatars/randavatar.php and www.mydomain.com/avatars/bob.jpg and www.mydomain.com/avatars/john.jpg), and then make your gaf avatar the address to the php file (in the example, www.mydomain.com/avatars/randavatar.php)... only works on domains where php processing is enabled, will work with any number of images.

troubleshooting:
Q. going to that url just gives me a bunch of text A. you don't have php enabled
Q. going to that url just gives me a 404 A. you probably called the file randavatar.php.txt. notepad defaults to tacking on .txt to the filenames you enter if you don't use quotation marks like i asked you to. rename it on your server.
Q. it's showing images i don't want A. don't put non-avatar images in the folder
Q. it's not showing avatar.tiff A. only supports jpg/gif/png

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Somnid said:
Nintendo has different demographics plain and simple. If you are doing a traditional game it will be a lot harder sell on a Nintendo platform because it has many non-traditional gamers. The concept of a "good game" and a "bad game" can't be compared properly because most of GAF and the gaming community still has a disconnect with what everyone else might want.

If the Nintendo brand is comparable to Disney, then the Wii is Disneyland. When you go to Disneyland, and there's a part of the park sectioned off as'Non-Disney Disneyland', who the fuck wants to go in there? Sure, you might pop in to see a couple big non-Disney rides like 'Guitar Hero', but after the 3rd or 4th shovelware ride you want to get the hell out of there and back to the Disney rides.

Haunted

BruceLeeRoy said:
Haunted I have always wanted to know this. How is it that your avatar randomly seems to change all the time? Are you manually changing the file or do you have a script somehow randomly picking it out of a directory?

Its sad but I must know!
It's actually pretty simple, you ju-

Threi said:
:lol Nevermind, that's exactly what I do.

gkryhewy

borghe said:
heh, I think they aren't spectacular because 360-loving GAF (an observation, not a criticism) usually don't let them become spectacular. When those games failed most of GAF moved on. But typically when a PS3 or Wii game fails, they pretend to analyze and dissect the failure. Of course there is no real interest in why it failed, only to say that had the game been released on 360 it probably would have sold better.

In the case of Killzone I don't see how this is even a question. It would have sold wildly better. Are you really criticizing these lines of reasoning?

Vinci

Danish
Kilrogg said:
Well, in all fairness, we have yet to see what that new direction entails. It really only is the beginning — a chaotic, ugly beginning, as many beginnings are, sadly. As much as I like to mock and rail against the third parties' inability to catch the Wii wave (and even the DS wave to a lesser extent) without making themselves look like fools, I think they will eventually figure out what that new direction is all about and develop more tasteful software for the Wii.

I'm talking about the market in general, not just the Wii itself. I hate that consoles are becoming PC-lites. It doesn't match my expectations for what a console is; all it does is make me go, 'Okay, so ... everything wants to be a PC, even though we already have those?' This is obviously popular with many gamers, but it's making me feel very distant from the console space. I have a PC gaming rig. Maybe many don't. I've always been a tiered gamer: PC for certain types of games and experiences, consoles for others, handhelds for portable gaming. The fact that the PC and console games are becoming so similar is mitigating any appreciation I might have for the consoles focusing on that end, meanwhile the console that is sticking - in some ways - with my perception of what a 'console experience' is, is getting the shaft when it comes to content.

In the end, the DS has become the best console this generation. For me, from my perspective. And outside of a few possible exceptions - Motion +, another Mario, Matsuno - I think it's going to be my primary console for quite some time.

In the meantime, I agree with you: the DS and PC are the best platforms right now. And even on the DS, I don't have that many games. Yeah, on the freaking DS. I'm just picky and jaded like that.

I have stupid amounts of DS games. PC too.

Vinci

Danish
jetjevons said:
If the Nintendo brand is comparable to Disney, then the Wii is Disneyland. When you go to Disneyland, and there's a part of the park sectioned off as'Non-Disney Disneyland', who the fuck wants to go in there? Sure, you might pop in to see a couple big non-Disney rides like 'Guitar Hero', but after the 3rd or 4th shovelware ride you want to get the hell out of there and back to the Disney rides.

How did the Star Ocean ride do in Halo Land? ;)

jetjevons said:

Without joking, this is one of the best comparisons I have ever read here!

Grecco said:

The X360 isnt a sure fire software seller either. Its hard to find success on all plataforms these days.

It just goes to show how predictable the target market was before this generation. The good news is that this means less fan boyz.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Vinci said:
I'm talking about the market in general, not just the Wii itself. I hate that consoles are becoming PC-lites. It doesn't match my expectations for what a console is; all it does is make me go, 'Okay, so ... everything wants to be a PC, even though we already have those?' This is obviously popular with many gamers, but it's making me feel very distant from the console space. I have a PC gaming rig. Maybe many don't. I've always been a tiered gamer: PC for certain types of games and experiences, consoles for others, handhelds for portable gaming. The fact that the PC and console games are becoming so similar is mitigating any appreciation I might have for the consoles focusing on that end, meanwhile the console that is sticking - in some ways - with my perception of what a 'console experience' is, is getting the shaft when it comes to content.

Agreed. But if we're talking PC/consoles differentiation regarding the market in general, it basically all comes down to the Wii (for now). I share your sentiment, with the exception that I'm not even completely satisfied with the PC and DS :/.

sfog

'Non-Disney Disneyland', who the fuck wants to go in there? Sure, you might pop in to see a couple big non-Disney rides like 'Guitar Hero', but after the 3rd or 4th shovelware ride you want to get the hell out of there and back to the Disney rides.

Totally off-topic, but that would be Disney's California Adventure. It has several attractions that one would typically associate with the Disney theme park experience, but also has a good number of hastily themed variants of rides found at most any regional amusement park. I suspect most people don't go to DCA for those, but rather for the "true" Disney rides...

Opiate

jetjevons said:
If the Nintendo brand is comparable to Disney, then the Wii is Disneyland. When you go to Disneyland, and there's a part of the park sectioned off as'Non-Disney Disneyland', who the fuck wants to go in there?

This implies a strength of brand power I haven't seen Nintendo accumulate.

Just 3-4 years ago, we were discussing the unstoppable power of the Playstation brand, and Nintendo was considered a dying competitor. With good reason: Sony had not skipped a beat in their entire time on the market, and Nintendo's last console sold ~20 million units worldwide.

How can that suddenly translate to 50 Million+ rabidly loyal fans who reject products made by any other company? How could their brand name possibly go from "dying" to "unstoppable force that smothers all comeptitors" in the span of 2 years? This doesn't seem logical, Jet.

I think the more logical explanation derives from your followup:

Sure, you might pop in to see a couple big non-Disney rides like 'Guitar Hero', but after the 3rd or 4th shovelware ride you want to get the hell out of there and back to the Disney rides.

This seems more reasonable to me. It isn't that the Wii is comprised of 50 Million customers who are all rabidly loyal to Nintendo, it's that much of the playerbase has been driven off by poor quality products, which is what would happen on any system or, indeed, in any market. I think GTA:CW suffers because of the poor support that proceeded it in the 4-5 years before its launch on the DS. It's hard to argue that the West has given the system significant support. By contrast, consider the DS in Japan: the major support moved on to the DS much more rapidly, and in much more force (GTA:CW is an isolated example in the west, while virtually every major RPG moved on to the DS in Japan). The result? The user base came with them. In the west this support didn't happen, so a single game, no matter how big a franchise or how good, cannot turn the tide.

Esperado

Sony doesn't know how to advertise their big games. It's sad for their first party developers because they don't get the exposure that they really should be getting. The Killzone 2 commercial was a cool tech demo showcasing the power of the engine, but it wasn't a good commercial. People are used to seeing computer generated commercials so I doubt anybody even knew it was in engine. It's strange too because I think I remember some pretty good adverts for the PS2. I think they've just lost focus of who they want to advertise to. All I can say is, "Infamous, good luck..."

Dabanton

Forkball said:
Halo Wars? Seriously? People knew it wasn't a FPS right?

Sigh* such wit. The last guy to make a joke like that got handed a nice break from the forum...

Grecco said:

I'm sorry but all but 1 of those games are multiplatform so that should be Xbox 360 and PS3 'failures'. Nice try though.

Zachack

Vinci said:
How did the Star Ocean ride do in Halo Land? ;)
They should port Star Ocean to PC so you could play it without feeling guilty. See, it's not HD gaming if it's on the PC!
There won't be any crow eating. There never has been on any of the bombs that eventually turn out not to be bombs. That won't change with GTA:CW.
The only games on the Wii that are bombs are games that the faithful declare to be bombs, apparently because that's what they deserved. Every other game will get a delicious salad bar of excuses, lowered bars, and office parties, all smooshed together with the ranch dressing of fictional scenarios (like the one where a copy of a game sold 6 months after launch is worth the same to a publisher as one sold at launch).

Kuroyume

Banned
- What's RE5's LTD so far counting both NA and Japan? It should be over 2 million now right? I wonder what Europe has done for the game. Capcom must be happy.

- I'm going to have to pick up The Show one of these days. Those sales are really good.

- Killzone 2's numbers are so disappointing. That game deserves better sales than that. It's fucking fantastic. There are so many ways to spin those numbers... Sony dropped the ball with the marketing. The bullet ad was cool, but it needed to show more. I think Infamous isn't going to do so well judging form the performance of 1st party PS3 titles in NA.

- MLB 2K9... Sucks for anyone who bought that.

Barrett2

Im' surprised people are surprised at Halo Wars sales. Biggest IP on the console + a moderately successful genre + a company that clearly knows how to market its shit.

How are these results surprising?

Well i bought madworld and house of the dead, and i might buy the conduit(if its good), so hope wii owners do the same for quality titles like those.....

Vinci

Danish
Zachack said:
They should port Star Ocean to PC so you could play it without feeling guilty. See, it's not HD gaming if it's on the PC!

The only games on the Wii that are bombs are games that the faithful declare to be bombs, apparently because that's what they deserved. Every other game will get a delicious salad bar of excuses, lowered bars, and office parties, all smooshed together with the ranch dressing of fictional scenarios (like the one where a copy of a game sold 6 months after launch is worth the same to a publisher as one sold at launch).

Did I accidentally kill your dog or something? I haven't said a damn thing truly negative about either system, the 360 or PS3, in this thread. You can keep imagining that I'm part of some conspiracy to see them both die, but you're sounding like more of a fanboy than I am at the moment.

I'm not going to apologize for owning a gaming PC and feeling that much of the content on the PS3 and 360 is either available for it or has superiors there.

As for Star Ocean: Never liked the series, wouldn't buy it in any case. I was making a joke. Relax, soldier.

Haunted

Bluemercury said:
Well i bought madworld and house of the dead, and i might buy the conduit(if its good), so hope wii owners do the same for quality titles like those.....
I say the same I always do in PS3 doom & gloom threads: I'll keep buying them if they keep making them.

I might say some additional things in PS3 threads, I admit it. :p

Top Bottom