• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

Raw64life

So to recap, the OP, plus...

360 ROCK BAND (T) 312K
360 ASSASSIN'S CREED: COLLECTOR'S EDITION (M) 140K

WII MARIO AND SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (E) 328K
WII WII ZAPPER W/ LINK'S CROSSBOW TRAINING (E) 232K
WII LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE TRILOGY (E) 180K
WII HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL (E) 180K
WII RESIDENT EVIL UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (M) 121K
WII MANHUNT 2 (M) 19K

NDS LEGEND OF ZELDA: PHANTOM HOURGLASS (E) 227K
NDS FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS (E) 49K

PS3 UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE (T) 117K
PS3 RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE (T) 66K
PS3 ROCK BAND (T) 70K

PC CRYSIS (M) 87K
PC UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 (M) 34K

-----

Rough LTDs

360 HALO 3 - ~4.1 million
360 ASSASSIN'S CREED - ~1.1 million
360 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK - ~860K

WII WII PLAY W/REMOTE - ~3.0 million
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK - ~710K
WII METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION - ~500K
WII ZACK & WIKI QUEST FOR BARBARO'S TREASURE - ~35K

NDS LEGEND OF ZELDA: PHANTOM HOURGLASS ~710K

PS3 RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE - ~140K

PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK - ~1.5 million

greepoman

Another quote from ps3forums.com:

sony had a good month with all the PS3 & PSP and PS2 sold.
i cant belive the 360 sold this many in a month are these the real numbers

I forget... are these the real numbers or the ones from fairy tale land with unicorns, pots of gold, and RIDDDDGEEE RACERRR? They're so easily confused ;)

Liara T'Soni said:
Is Mario not...Mario anymore?

Nothing will ever be more repetive in videogames, no matter what control scheme or design innovations they implement.
I'm sorry, I must've misunderstood this post, cause as I see it know, it's utter shit.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Zzoram said:
DMC4 will sell better on PS3 by far in my mind for some reason. It just feels like such a Playstation game, DMC invokes thoughts of Playstation, and I'll be shocked if the Xbox 360 version sells well.

:lol

xabre

Banned
Any word on how VF5 has sold sold far on the 360?

Last I heard it tanked pretty hard which doesn't mean good things for future iterations in the series.

icecream said:
Why are people expecting it to outperform a console with a year head start?

466K (Nov 2007, PS3) versus 511K (Nov 2006, 360). And that's with the PS3 currently roughly tied with the 360 worldwide.

Uh, mostly because it's in a much better place valuewise than the 360 was last year, and just breached a new pricepoint (even if it now seems that people actually hate the $400 system...)?

And I'm assuming you are talking about sales rates being tied.

Jiggy

Liara T'Soni said:

Nothing will ever be more repetive in videogames, no matter what control scheme or design innovations they implement.
:|

Galaxy plays very little like even 64 or Sunshine, never mind comparing it to the 2D games.

Not as detailed as what I do in the Japanese threads because this is just by sight, but after November

Wii userbase is where X360 userbase was in early August 2007.
PS3 userbase is where X360 userbase was in early September 2006.
PS3 userbase is where Wii userbase was in late April 2007.

Things that contributed to the sales (or didnt for that matter)

Nintendo:

A new Super Mario Game (+ve)
Holiday season (+ve)

Microsoft

Mass Effect (+ve)

Sony

40 GB Console (+ve)
Price drop (+ve)
Brand New Ad Mantra and Commercial(+ve)
Majority of Ads of AC were for PS3 (+ve)

Seems to me Sony was the hardes tryer to get thier sales up by doing SOMETHING and Microsoft tried the LEAST.

xabre said:
Any word on how VF5 has sold sold far on the 360?

Last I heard it tanked pretty hard which doesn't mean good things for future iterations in the series.
VF5 seems to have tanked all around pretty much as badly as VF3 did.

Guess there won't be a VF4 :(

DiddyBop

You have to give Sony credit for the PS2, 7 years later and its still selling pretty damn well. As for the PS3, there just aren't that many great games for it. People see their friends playing the 360,so they get one too,and the used game market for the 360 is a lot bigger than the ps3 whihc plays a huge role. the 360 also has a much lower entry price. i myself added to the 360 dec NDP based on those reasons, but i also plan on picking up a ps3 once mgs4 comes out. i am sure that game will be the turning point for the ps3. im sure sony will prolly pony up a fuck ton of money to advertise it for konami to insure great sales.

Zzoram said:
DMC4 will sell better on PS3 by far in my mind for some reason. It just feels like such a Playstation game, DMC invokes thoughts of Playstation, and I'll be shocked if the Xbox 360 version sells well.

Seeing how much software is selling XTS and how much software PS3 is selling....well...you know,I never would make a bet on this if I were you :lol :lol

DMC4,will sell a lot in XTS,just look how good did the preview Capcom efforts on XTS,it just the type of game that sells like crazy on that system...

Looking at the PS3 numbers this month,I´m the only one who think they are pretty good?....

fse

chespace said:
C'mon, cut 'em some slack. :lol

2008 will be fun times with numbers.

I'm really curious to see if PS3 can maintain its current momentum going into Jan/Feb.

Heck, December will be pretty epic too.

momentum? i guess it will keep selling 400k~~

Arde5643

Jiggy37 said:
:|

Galaxy plays very little like even 64 or Sunshine, never mind comparing it to the 2D games.
Don't worry about responding to him - anyone dissing SMG has either: never played it before or is just a troll.

orio7

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
Seeing how much software is selling XTS and how much software PS3 is selling....well...you know,I never would make a bet on this if I were you :lol :lol

DMC4,will sell a lot in XTS,just look how good did the preview Capcom efforts on XTS,it just the type of game that sells like crazy on that system...

Looking at the PS3 numbers this month,I´m the only one who think they are pretty good?....

Stop calling it XTS.. Nobody else is.

f_elz said:
momentum? i guess it will keep selling 400k~~

Selling 400k in every month of 2008 would not be good? :lol

namor7

i cant believe the numbers COD did. wow.

sony certainly didnt tank, but as time goes by and things continue this way, it's very hard to imagine the market tide turning in the company's favor. mgs4 will definitely be good for a surge in sales, as will (obviously) ffxiii, but beyond those, i dont see a whole lot happening.

Nitsuj23

Does anyone else think that if PS3 launched a year before the 360 then it would be in the lead? I personally think people over-analyze this thing too much and it's all boiled down to the one year head start. Look at the PS2 over the original Xbox for example. I guess you could use the DC/PS2 as an example, but the DC didn't even have games by EA, and everybody wants to play Madden lol. Who knows though I could be wrong, at least it's nice owning both.

SRG01

JoshuaJSlone said:
Not as detailed as what I do in the Japanese threads because this is just by sight, but after November

Wii userbase is where X360 userbase was in early August 2007.
PS3 userbase is where Wii userbase was in late April 2007.

When was the 360 released again? September or November?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Very unsurprising numbers from a retail worker's perspective.

I will definitely be doing a December prediction, from what I have seen it shouldn't be too hard.

Congrats to COD4 and SMG, both excellent sellers. SMG will probably break a million in December, too. or at least get very close. We sell a couple dozen copies every day. Certainly more than COD4, although that will certainly sell well again, too.

minus_273

Banned
greepoman said:
Another quote from ps3forums.com:

I forget... are these the real numbers or the ones from fairy tale land with unicorns, pots of gold, and RIDDDDGEEE RACERRR? They're so easily confused ;)

how can these be the real numbers when in reality the PS3 is selling 1million a month to overtake the wii in 2011

perhaps the next ratchet/uncharted ought to be a mindless military-style shooter in the veins of COD4.....then perhaps the mass consumer sheep might care about it

artredis1980 said:
Things that contributed to the sales (or didnt for that matter)

Nintendo:

A new Super Mario Game (+ve)
Holiday season (+ve)

Microsoft

Mass Effect (+ve)

Sony

40 GB Console (+ve)
Price drop (+ve)
Brand New Ad Mantra and Commercial(+ve)
Majority of Ads of AC were for PS3 (+ve)

Seems to me Sony was the hardes tryer to get thier sales up by doing SOMETHING and Microsoft tried the LEAST.

Microsoft sent PGR4 to die so it wouldn't interfere with CoD4 sales.

fse

orio7 said:
Stop calling it XTS.. Nobody else is.

Selling 400k in every month of 2008 would not be good? :lol

oh every month? 200k or what it was doing before the holidays is most likey what ill will sell.
400k for dec - jan might be okay but not good.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

that's actually kind of interesting. it catches up 2 months every year! In 2011 it'll be TIME TO DIEEEE

Zzoram

frAntic_Frog said:
perhaps the next ratchet/uncharted ought to be a mindless military-style shooter in the veins of COD4.....then perhaps the mass consumer sheep might care about it

CoD4 is hardly mindless, and it's very well presented and fun.

pDawg

Liara T'Soni said:

I can make that same vague argument about every single game genre in existence.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
frAntic_Frog said:

They just need Ratchet to smoulder with generic rage a la Jak 2 and POP2.

SRG01

Nitsuj23 said:
Does anyone else think that if PS3 launched a year before the 360 then it would be in the lead? I personally think people over-analyze this thing too much and it's all boiled down to the one year head start. Look at the PS2 over the original Xbox for example. I guess you could use the DC/PS2 as an example, but the DC didn't even have games by EA, and everybody wants to play Madden lol. Who knows though I could be wrong, at least it's nice owning both.

You can't use the DC/PS2 analogy, because pirates were a contributing factor to the DC failing. Any platform which only requires a software solution to pirate and file sizes comparable to download speed is bound for failure.

Im sure you guys do know that NPD results DO NOT INCLUDE Walmart and Toys R US, which I think sell way more than a quarter of the consoles bought

Also another question, Did Microsoft, unlike Sony who dropped the price do ANYTHING to justify buying a 360 in November?

Top Bottom