• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
PhoenixDark said:
2439vs
"No bandwidth theft! Please see tk421.net"

Tutomos

The biggest suprise is PS2 still outselling PS3. Does that mean Wii games will be ported to PS2 in the next few years.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The exclusive PS3 game sales are making me think insomniac's next game, resistance 2, wont be exclusive. Makes you wonder wtf PS3 owner's are doing. Seems sony is just hitting all the wrong buttons at the moment. They better market the shit out of uncharted and r&c this month.

CrisKre

It should be also noted that RE UC sold 130k. Not bad at all for Capcom. Are we starting to see a Wii software surge? It surely seems to be the case.

Kittonwy

Banned
reilo said:
Why am I not on your friends list >:|?

Are you part of the Ass Creed Defense Force?
angry.gif

My list has been at 50 for quite some time now I really can't add anyone until I've rid it of people from teh ACDF.
Indifferent2.gif

lockload

evlcookie said:
The exclusive PS3 game sales are making me think insomniac's next game, resistance 2, wont be exclusive. Makes you wonder wtf PS3 owner's are doing. Seems sony is just hitting all the wrong buttons at the moment. They better market the shit out of uncharted and r&c this month.

sony own the resistance ip

Mrbob

I don't think the Halo 3 November bump was as high as people or MS expected to be honest. Although I think this is a good thing. As the X360 is now evolving beyond the Halo box.

Also, does the ME number include the CE? I realize the CE released in a tiny quantity but it would be good to include it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Frillen said:
UNCHARTED GOT OUTSOLD BY RESIDENT EVIL: UMBRELLA CHRONICLES

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh fucking dear, I know the PS3 situation is dire but this takes the cake, one of the best games of the year being outsold by a half baked shooty thing? (And of course, it was also outsold, easily, by Carnival games, which got 200k first month), inexcusable, there is enough PS3 owners out there to buy Arse Crud, at least buy decent games you fucks.

Loudninja

evlcookie said:

Oh please....

PhatSaqs

Banned
Stop It said:
So, company reactions this month:

Nintendo: "Well, we didn't quite make it to a million on the Wii front, but look at the DS go, it outsold EVERY Sony console this month put together, top that".

Microsoft: "The 360 has sold at expectations this month, this coupled with excellent software sales means we are very happy with our current situation"

Sony: "Well the 'Playstation Family' of consoles has outsold.....er, our software this month has done really.....hang on, well we sold more PS3s that 360 sold at this point las.....no can't use that, well we'll outsell them by 2011, Screen Digest said so, byee!"
:lol

squicken

driley said:
R&C = 65.6K this month

jstevenson said:
You have data for 8-9 days of sales in the US (7 of those a "soft" launch before the marketing for the Oct 30 launch kicked in), and a single-day - Sunday at that - of sales in Japan.

We have since seen a new lower-priced hardware sku release in the US.

Overreact much?

I don't think it was an overreaction :(

With big hardware boosts all around, average ownership time for all consoles actually went down a bit this month.

System: Average ownership in weeks (Meaning average buyer has had theirs since)

X360: 49.3 (December 21, 2006)
PS3: 29.3 (May 10, 2007)
Wii: 25.6 (June 5, 2007)

From simExchange

Call of Duty 4 (X360): 1,565,404
Super Mario Galaxy: 1,123,070
Mass Effect: 472,793
Assassin's Creed (PS3): 376,843
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: 328,314
Rock Band (X360): 311,903
Crysis: 86,633
Unreal Tournament 3: 33,995
Manhunt 2 (Wii): 18,494

Arde5643 said:
Cue Harmonix + EA shooting their balls after seeing GH3 sales on Wii. :lol

Not at all, actually. GH3 is from an established franchise, and it costs only $90. Harmonix and EA know that they have to get their foot in the door first before they can truly compete with the GH behemoth.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
CrisKre said:
It should be also noted that RE UC sold 130k. Not bad at all for Capcom. Are we starting to see a Wii software surge? It surely seems to be the case.

Third parties had some decent success in Nov

GH3 426K

Lego- 180K

RE:UC- 120K

Mrbob said:
I don't think the Halo 3 November bump was as high as people or MS expected to be honest. Although I think this is a good thing. As the X360 is now evolving beyond the Halo box.

Also, does the ME number include the CE? I realize the CE released in a tiny quantity but it would be good to include it.

Amazonk numbers are in NPD so probably.

Kosma

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Exclusives can do perfectly fine, but apparently not on PS3. Why? Because PS3 owners suck shit. The overwhelming majority of them at that.

PS3 users seem to be the kind of brand loyalist that only pick up the hugely hyped blockbuster titles like COD4 and AC. You know the kind of people that spend 600$ on brandname alone.

argh.gif

Software numbers (>#10) we got so far:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (Wii) - 330k
Rock Band (360) - 312k
Wireless Controller (PS3) - 282k
Wii Zapper incl. Crossbow Training (Wii) - 232k
Lego Star Wars (Wii)- 180k
High School Musical (Wii) - 180k
Resident Evil UC (Wii) - 130k
Uncharted (PS3) - 117k
Crysis (PC) - 86,6k
Rock Band (PS3) - 70k
Zack & Wiki (Wii) - 35k
Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) - 34k
Manhunt 2 (Wii) - 18,5k

What am I missing?

Kittonwy

Banned
evlcookie said:

That's silly, Sony owns the Resistance IP and Resistance is a million-seller IP already.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kittonwy said:
Are you part of the Ass Creed Defense Force?
angry.gif

My list has been at 50 for quite some time now I really can't add anyone until I've rid it of people from teh ACDF.
Indifferent2.gif

I bought Ass Creed, but I have been fighting it out with Che did entire time on why Uncharted is infinitely better. Check the Ass Creed thread.

Lefty42o

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Mass Effect was purchased by 6.0% of the 360 userbase, Uncharted was purcahsed by 4.8% of the PS3 userbase. Not a huge difference.

Someone said Halo 3's numbers were low, but this is month three. It's at 4.1m units now, or 52% of the 360 installed base. It sold 820k in October and November, numbers most games would kill for. Like Uncharted, for example. :p

i am sure that at the end of the day that will pay the employees at ND. :lol

the fact is its a bad situation. Many exclusive ps3 games have been failures in the money department. thats all that matters to devs.

Dante said:
Holy Shit Great Sony Numbers!!!!!!

I agree for PSP and PS2, hardware's wise. PS3 < 500k for me means that Sony is in trouble. This was a Thanksgiving month and guess what: the Gamecube sold in 2002 almost the same as PS3 did this month. So, definitive is not good.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Barnolde said:
PS3 owners buy nothing and 360 owners buy everything. Wii owners just buy hardware.

And Mario Galaxy, and Guitar Hero 3 (??!??!) and Wii Play, and to a certain extent Mario & Sonic and RE:UC this month, (And next year, Wii Fit), believe.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm actually pretty impressed that there were 450k people that bought COD4 on PS3. I'm a multiconsole owner, and I always buy multi stuff on 360 (with some upcoming exceptions, dmc4 etc), and I expect most do the same.

So there were 400k UNIQUE PS3 owners to buy it. I didn't think they existed based on other software sales.

harSon

Banned
I thought Microsoft's decision to only drop the price of the Xbox 360 by so little was going to come back and bite them in the ass, I guess I was completely wrong. Microsoft can now stimulate the sales of the Xbox 360 anytime they want during the dry season. Pretty damn brilliant now that I think about it.

Freki

AltogetherAndrews said:
Exclusives can do perfectly fine, but apparently not on PS3. Why? Because PS3 owners suck shit. The overwhelming majority of them at that.

Please forward this to Kojima and S-E - Thank you!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
--- CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION (CORP) NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 1 1.57 million
--- GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 967K
--- CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION (CORP) NOV 2007 MATURE (M) 7 444K
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 8 426K

Total == 3.407Million units
*Places BUY on ATVI*

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I agree for PSP and PS2, hardware's wise. PS3 < 500k for me means that Sony is in trouble. This was a Thanksgiving month and guess what: the Gamecube sold in 2002 almost the same as PS3 did this month. So, definitive is not good.

It's not good at all for PS3 and it is honestly really surprising me how much slack PS3 sales are getting right now.

Scum

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Comparison between Galaxy and Sunshine please ?

Posted by Jokeropia
Galaxy sold more this month than Mario Sunshine did in August (release) + September + October + November + December of 2002. In fact, Sunshine didn't even break a million during that time, but still managed to sell almost 3 million (in the US) overall.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
evlcookie said:

R:FoM sold 2mil worldwide...

And R&C:F is selling on pace as the previous games.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Oblivion said:

i bet something stupid like 117.5k

which really just means they sold the same. these are estimations after all. same with the ps2/ps3 sales -- they pretty much just sold the same.

I'm sorry but when you factor in the fact that Sony are having to practically give a free blu ray player away with the PS3 falling 50k short of the 360's sales last year at the same price point, without the 360's RROD issues and in the month where a $100 cheaper machine was launched is a real kick in the nads for Sony.

As is 117k units for Uncharted, critical acclaim counts for nought with PS3 gamers it seems this is in stark contrast to 360 gamers who lept on Bioshock after its positive reviews.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
slaughterking said:
Zack & Wiki (Wii) - 35k
This is the saddest part about this months numbers. :(

STOP BUYING CRAP LIKE MONO-ONLY GUITAR HERO III AND RESIDENT EVIL CAVIA SHIT!

Top Bottom