• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

system11

Hm, that's a shame. I really don't want to see MS in a strong position since it makes moneyhatting cheaper. So if the gap was large, odds are they will end up with December too after all. I wonder what this thread will look like tomorrow, it's late here.

Here I have for you guys another chart

overlay2.png

Blue is Wii U
Red is XB1
Orange is PS4
Green is noises

Elitist1945

Good job Microsoft.

But I hope the people going "Sony is doomed" "Microsoft reigns king" etc etc aren't serious. As an owner of both, do you really think one good month for Microsoft means the fall of PlayStation? Damn.

If black chart is black Friday, and all reports point to PS4 winning that day, could the large chunk be PS4?

The blue and white chart is for all November, where Xbone won overall?

Looking back, Creamsugar always posts LTD figures. I think first graph is LTD, we all just quickly assumed it was Nov totals because we're desperate for it.

I feel like white is LTD for PS4/XB1/WiiU? I don't think it could be black friday/monthly because Wii U has way too big of a share for that.

JNA

Banned
Ok come on now. Cream, Aquamarine, just give SOME hints on the numbers PLZ. These pie charts don't tell me anything. :(

Amir0x

Banned
no no, i appreciate that. i am just explaining my thinking when i posted it. basically, the xb1 had a historic month. no console has had a second november of over a million. not the ps2 or not the wii. even doing 800k is a rather large amount.

despite my predictions, if the gap was going to be that big, i was really thinking about 1000k and 700k for the xb1 and ps4 at the biggest. even then it would have been historically good for both platforms (but indicating softer demand than usual for a market leader ps4). instead, the ps4 performed more closely to market leaders of the past and the xb1 blew way past that.

This changes things considerably at least as far as US is concerned. If we see the XBO level out at a much better month-to-month average due to Microsoft deciding to stay at this price range, the competition for US territory just got interesting.

To put it in perspective, PS4 is now, what, 800k lead in US now? That's a big fall.

If we give Microsoft another 300k victory for December (considering downfall trajectory after initial price cut surge), they'll be slicing through the number quick.

They'll never achieve worldwide victory, but this makes US competitive again. And they pretty much require this territory and UK to be viable. I love this shit, it's so much more exciting from a sales perspective to analyze these events :D

Madness

I love cboat, but in this case he is not correct.

And yet the damage is done. Comes in in first page, Posts something pulled out of his ass and now everyone one twitter is saying MS only sold 7k more when it's just not true. It's crazy how quickly misinformation spreads.

Top Bottom