• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

So I'm confused where are you guys getting the 1.2 million number from?
-Second if the 1.2 is legit is it possible Cboat meant 10k as in that's how small the gap is between both consoles YTD?
-Ha third how is that possible without MS releasing a massive PR statement?

We know: (US)
WiiU: 240k
Xbox One: 1,200k

The correct pie must have a ratio of angles where wiiU is 1/5 of xbox one angle for the month

We have two known variables. Which pie chart matches this ratio?

Also, I don't think NPD tracks individual days, so I don't think Black Friday is something that would be discussed/revealed. At least, this was my interpretation of what they track.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Great, now I'm hungry

TomShoe

Banned
It's LTD.

It means XBO is coming up on PS4's lead in the US quick. They will pass PS4 in December NPD month I think. Although I thought the impression was the gap to date between PS4 and XBO in US was a million or so? I have to check my notepad somewhere for that, I wrote it down before I know it lol

Of course worldwide there's no chance, but at least XBO will be very very close if not win in the US if they maintain trajectory at this price. Microsoft has to keep the price.

That cannot be LTD, that would be saying that XBO outsold by 800k+ this month if that was true. No way.

Last gen, I'm thinking from Cream's last post.

How do we know the 1.2 million number for Microsoft?

Every source seems to point to a site called geekwire, which claims Microsoft was touting the 1.2 million number.

Strangely, I don't see anywhere quoting Microsoft touting that number.

Verendus

Banned
Why is this month so weird with NPD figures?
Normally gameindustrybiz writes and article about it and that's posted here.
This time around we get it from IGN out of all place and people using stupid slides without proper wording, it's basically attention whoring.
This pie chart is one of the most hilarious things I remember on GAF. It's not attention whoring.

It's what makes this thread entertaining. GAF is hilarious. You'll get your serious discussion afterwards.

So I'm confused where are you guys getting the 1.2 million number from?
-Second if the 1.2 is legit is it possible Cboat meant 10k as in that's how small the gap is between both consoles YTD?
-Ha third how is that possible without MS releasing a massive PR statement?
It is certainly weird that there's no flaming PR. Maybe they're late? Or waiting for december?

Madness

Damn this thread got crazy. Cboat what were you doing?

Couldn't probably stand any positive news for MS so he comes in on first page, throws some number and doesn't post again. It's basically repeated verbatim for twenty pages and already making waves on reddit and twitter. And yet, someone has just posted that with the numbers, it means there was a 400k difference this month, not 7-10k

Yup, and XB1 over PS4 by 300k+

I thought that shit looked weird. There were some close weeks but I had MS clearly winning the month as I stated in the Black Friday thread.

In fact my statement was given what I had seen I would be shocked if Sony won the month and other retailers would have to see something radically different.

I kept my mouth shut earlier out of respect and figured to post something that ballsy he better have a legit source, hence why I immediately asked Aqua to confirm in the thread.

I myself have not seen NPD so I cant vouch for exacts. The first 2 weeks of November however were complete MS domination.

Assuming the Wii U is 242k...

I get:

Wii U 242k
PS4 850k~
Xbox One 1.25mill~

Is that ballpark cream?

So that's a good way to get at the numbers.

Nov 2013 = 909,132 + ~1.14 mil* + 220,00 = 2.269 mil.

A 3% increase would mean the Nov 2014 total is 2.337 mil

Nov 2014:
XOne: 1.2 mil
WiiU: 242k
PS4: roughly 895,000

* http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93615655&postcount=5058

Seems my predictions weren't so off afterall...
[360] 275K
[3DS] 450K
[PS3] 125K
[PS4] 980K
[WIU] 325K
[XB1] 1150K

So that's a good way to get at the numbers.

Nov 2013 = 909,132 + ~1.14 mil* + 220,00 = 2.269 mil.

A 3% increase would mean the Nov 2014 total is 2.337 mil

Nov 2014:
XOne: 1.2 mil
WiiU: 242k
PS4: roughly 895,000

* http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93615655&postcount=5058

Based on this
PS4 + One + Wii U in 2013 - 2,267,000
PS4 + One + Wii U in 2014 (+3%) - 2,335,010

Given the other numbers, what's left is 893,010 for PS4.

But that would be higher than the highest value PS4 and One combined allowed given other infos earlier posted ("80% more than PS360 at the same time"), so...maybe there's some correction to do.

Great work. Thank you guys

Death2494

This cant be November PS4XB1WIIU. We know what Wii U sold and if you overlay that with the others there's no way PS4XB1 sold that few.
Microsoft would have shouted it from the rooftops if they pulled over a million. Especially since they had a PR at the beginning of November.

Top Bottom