• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Duxxy3

Shinra-bansho's angles for the white chart:

81, 130, 149 which matches LTD for Xbox One and PS4

XBox One LTD is 5 million (3.8 + 1.2 million in November).

This means PS4 LTD is ~5.7 which matches the estimates we have (4.9 + 0.8 in November).

Also means Wii U is ~3.1 million LTD in NPD.

Yep, this looks about right.

It's possible that XB1 closes the gap in December, but I would not bet on it. February for sure, if they keep the price cut.

Death2494

How do we know the 1.2 million number for Microsoft?

Every source seems to point to a site called geekwire, which claims Microsoft was touting the 1.2 million number.

Strangely, I don't see anywhere quoting Microsoft touting that number.
now combine this with Microsoft PR somebody is lying

This. If they're leading by almost a half million I would think they would have proudly boasted that.
Well, if you get your ass kicked for 11 rounds and then manage to pull out one victory, I don't think that necessarily deserves a parade.
It was a good month for Microsoft. Lets see if they can keep it up.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Kinda depressing that there are so many new people with the One and I can't play Halo with any of them.

jAWP4G0Rn3xcl.png

Daaaamn if that is YTD then MS closed the gap to a fraction.
Amazing. That means they must have moved 500k-600k more consoles than Sony 0_0

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
My 3 big take away from this NPD
  • Xbox COD sales destroyed PS4 COD sales without even including the bundles
  • Wii U sold terrible with that amazing line up of games
  • Great Xbox One and PS4 sales.

Not really. The XBO didn't sell an exact 1.2M units that people seem to be using in calcs...

Not sure why people would use a number rounded to the nearest 100K for calc.

Cream's black chart gives a 400K difference.

Yeah saw that on this new page. Fantastic result then for MS. Truly a superbly strong month for them.

Jonnax

What I really want to know, and I know it's impossible to know, but what was Sony's and Microsoft's profits on all their sales. For both companies I can imagine bundling games isn't cheap.

Amir0x

Banned
Seems strange that you would post all of this despite being highly sceptical of Cboat's numbers. You jumped the gun my man, like a lot of other people.

There's a thing called nuance of context. I was responding in the sense of "IF" the numbers were true, this is why it would be bad. I was speculating based on the hypothetical scenario of cboat's number being true.

But as you can see multiple times throughout the topic I said people should be careful to take these numbers at face value, to be skeptical. And as you can see two weeks ago, I had predicted a "low ball" estimate of 200k, but was leaning toward the actual gap being 350k-400k. Both were in my prediction post clear as day. Source

So no, people can discuss hypothetical scenarios without being taken. I love analyzing what-ifs.

Kayant

Wth? And MS didn't have full PR for this??? I don't understand? Why wouldn't they boast more about this. Seems quite silly. Surely they will keep it at $349 come next year.
1.2M and 400k difference with no PR. Is this really MS?

Baby seals, amazon, blah blah blah. But it's destroing PS4 in Decembers best sellers so far this month. (and looks like last month was indicitive of real sales after all).

XB1 is #1 with PS4 at #40

Yep just look at overall sales for 2014 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

This. If they're leading by almost a half million I would think they would have proudly boasted that.

Because when they eventually lose a month, they won't have to go quiet with details. Thank Sony for that precedent when they were continually losing monthly NPDs for years. Anyone who really gives a shit about the numbers can read a GAF thread to get close enough in the meantime.

Just an educated guess - though it is a great sales victory, they had to significantly mark down the console and add free games to move the needle, perhaps they don't want to toot the horn too loud.

I just want to know how much does it actually cost MS to manufacture the XB1....like apart from the game pack ins because who knows what they paid for that, how much does the system cost them.

First it was China... Then the UK... And now good ole North America has stepped into the light and made the Xbox One the best selling console. Plastered all over Microsoft's hallways are "We're Number One!l posters, no doubt.

Which territory is next? Germany, perhaps? Japan?

While Sony takes its eye off the prize and is distracted by the hackgate fallout, Microsoft adeptly swoops in to take its spot at the top of the mountain. The Xbox ecosystem couldn't be healthier what with next generation consoles ahead of last gen by 80% and with the Xbox 360 quite possibly overtaking Wii as the top selling console of last generation in the coming years.

The history books will be rewritten... This time, with green ink.
Almost poetic.

Almost.

Noo, just before E3 :(

About 800k for PS4 (give or take 50k either way)
Wait then what was the 7-10k thing about?

Shinra-bansho's angles for the white chart:

81, 130, 149 which matches LTD for Xbox One and PS4

XBox One LTD is 5 million (3.8 + 1.2 million in November).

This means PS4 LTD is ~5.7 which matches the estimates we have (4.9 + 0.8 in November).

Also means Wii U is ~3.1 million LTD in NPD.

So a 700k difference. Microsoft could halve that in December. Sony could ante up though

Top Bottom