• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

JNA

Banned
Uhh...they still have the lead.

Not by much anymore. Practically half that lead gone in one month.

Microsoft is like the New York Giants of 2011. They suck in the beginning, but then they "flipped the switch" and now are gonna wreck everything and win the metaphorical Super Bowl.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Ask him in 5 months.

igawC0hMgUh7x.gif

Daaamn PS4 and Xbox One are remarkably close in US LTD now

So we can say that the gap is closing non-sarcastically now? :)

This is a landslide victory for Microsoft and it supports the opinion that I have been maintaining for the past few months. It's all about price. The X1 wasn't suffering because of the DRM fallout or the weaker specs or the resolution stuff. It was simply more expensive. As soon as the price dropped and the machine became equal or better value than the PS4 it stopped the Playstation's momentum dead in its tracks.

Hold off until we can figure out the white chart lol
I would think both Aqua and Queso saying CBOAT was wrong means that there are no numbers on the NPD report that could make CBOAT's post make sense. But we'd need to see CBOAT's explanation, because only s/he knows what s/he meant.

CBOAT's "leaks" just haven't been the same since the Titanfall resolutiongate. It's like it's a completely different person posting, like the account was compromised or s/he has been getting fed misinformation.

edit: Gaddamn this thread moves fast. Guess that was already settled.

btrboyev

Wth? And MS didn't have full PR for this??? I don't understand? Why wouldn't they boast more about this. Seems quite silly. Surely they will keep it at $349 come next year.
1.2M and 400k difference with no PR. Is this really MS?

Yep just look at overall sales for 2014 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

Maybe MS Disnt wanna come off as cocky or maybe they are trying to be consistent with the past year? If this happens again this month, then I expect MS to do a big PR about it and also announce the permanent price of $350 as a thank you to the fans.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Nov 2013 = 909,132 + ~1.14 mil* + 220,00 = 2.269 mil.

A 3% increase would mean the Nov 2014 total is 2.337 mil

Nov 2014:
XOne: 1.2 mil
WiiU: 242k
PS4: roughly 895,000

That's much more in line with expectations. MS was practically giving the Xbox One away in November. A difference of 7-10k would have been a disaster. 300k is respectable. They might be able to squeeze another 200k out in December. I'm assuming it will be less than this month because people have been saying Sony picked up some momentum towards the end of the month when they released their bundles.

If true, that would cut Sony's lead down to 700k, from 1.2 million... which is significant. Question is, can they capitalize on it or do things return to the status quo once the holiday's are over and all of the moms/dads looking for a good deal go away? If not, then in 5-6 months things will be right back where they were yesterday.

Has MS got a second wind or have they just temporarily stopped the bleeding? Dec/Jan will be telling.

Elios83

Oh well cboat ^_^'''.....

A gap close to 400k is certainly worth the efforts from MS and put a dent into Sony's lead in the US which is what they wanted to achieve.
Waiting for final numbers before there's an other turnaround lol :D

So we can say that the gap is closing non-sarcastically now? :)

This is a landslide victory for Microsoft and it supports the opinion that I have been maintaining for the past few months. It's all about price. The X1 wasn't suffering because of the DRM fallout or the weaker specs or the resolution stuff. It was simply more expensive. As soon as the price dropped and the machine became equal or better value than the PS4 it stopped the Playstation's momentum dead in its tracks.
Ehhhh... Then removing Kinect should have driven those sales even more with both weighing in at 400 for a time. There was no discrepancy and PS4 was still outselling then. There is still a stigma with the machine but a LOWER price plus 3 free games (essentially) is hard to pass up.

FourMyle

These threads are always hilarious. "THIS DOESN'T LOOK GOOD FOR X COMPANY!?!?" and "WOW X COMPANY GOT REKT!". They're both doing extremely well. Take a moment to think before you start banging the console war drum.

Yeah, it's is great news for both PS and Xbox gamers. The PS4, even though hugely outsold by the Xbone this month, did VERY well. In November 2007 the PS3 did 466k, 360 did 770K and the Wii 981K. PS4 is at 840k~ according to calculations in this thread and the Xbone at 1.2mill.

Rymuth

I think it's time to get off the internet.

Insider 1 claiming stuff.

Insider 2 posting pies with vague hints, no actual data.

People follow the flow like being on a raft.

Good night.
I know what you mean. It's 5am and I don't think I can take another twist (if there's going to be any) - one thing's for sure, I doubt we'll get another NPD as exciting at this.

Night, GAF.

Top Bottom