• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Whoooooooa alright I'm stopping now. I by no means meant that to come across harsh and it seems it was taken that way.

listen I'm only saying the stuff I am to help with the general sales discussion. I'm also on the road and maybe not posting as clearly as I should.

I am not going after anyone and if my post implied I was I apologize openly to Abdiel

MaulerX

Really do wonder why MS didn't make a bigger deal. It may have cost quite a bit but I'll be damned if that isn't an impressive gap. Quite the turnaround from the first page to now.

MS has a fighting chance in NA after all, so long as they keep being significantly cheaper and offering free games

Being humble after the last 10 months. Avoiding being accused of hypocrites.

FrankT

"called out"? He reported what he sees from his vantage point, which he has always properly qualified and has been vetted.

Enough backseat modding.

No he has not at all.

Case in point number 1: Titanfall

A farce he should have been permed for though he was banned. Putting developers at risk for sales loss over total BS is an offense that shouldn't be tolerated anywhere.

Definitely.

Price was the only thing holding the XB1 back.

If they can keep at the current price, then by E3 2015 they will be leading the NA market.
I still strongly doubt that'll happen. They have, like, nothing on offer for the first half of 2015. Meanwhile PS4 is getting at least 3 AAA exclusives (if you count MLB), quite a few mid-tiers and indies (admittedly XBO is also getting some indies).

MS is just really lacking on the one thing a game system needs the most : games, during the non-holiday months of the year. They'll be needing 3 mil+ leads for every holiday here on to keep up w/ PS4 in NA, let alone pass them.

If price were the only factor here, why did that not work for cheaper systems in 6th gen?

More proof that NA is pretty solid for Wii U. Much different than Japan.

Which means NINTENDO should ramp up their NA focus. Build some development teams here. Not only that but actually try to improve the Virtual Console and even things like Club Nintendo. Stop treating Japan so great when your console's success comes mostly from other regions like France and NA.

Pretty solid? The thing sold 240k, that's Dreamcast tier sales.

For comparison the GameCube sold 750k in its third November (2003).

Guess my turtle vs rabbit was right for NA.

Sony has been cruising for too long.
They depend on the EU too much to gain a big WW lead. Sony only considers NA as a throwaway sex-friend and only talks about NA to the press like if they were bragging to the world how many girls they have slept with.
Good thing Valentine is coming up, and Sony better gives NA a better deal if they want NA to open up that gap again for Sony to insert more userbase into NA.
MS U-turns, drops Kinnect, slashes prices and bundles free games in order to ALMOST close the gap.

But Sony's the one in trouble?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
700k is still pretty big, do you guys really think people are going to keep buying xbones once the price drop stops and they stop giving out hand full of games?

Exactly. To put this in perspective, the gap after November is the same as it was in September. This is 1 month worth of sales. It remains to be seen if MS can keep this up.

-griffy-

Banned
i can guess this is probably cod but what does DPE stand for lol because it is bugging me

Subtract one letter of the alphabet from D and you get C. Now do the same for the other two letters and you get O and D. What does it spell?

400px-Atlantic_cod.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Screw the console talk, those are baaaaaaaad COD numbers. Which is a bit of a shame, because apparently it's much better than last year's game.

Verendus

Banned
No he has not at all.

Case in point number 1: Titanfall

A farce he should have been permed for though he was banned. Putting developers at risk for sales loss over total BS is an offense that shouldn't be tolerated anywhere.
Take a deep breath, and realise this isn't about the ass-man.

Top Bottom