• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

TI82

Banned
So which method do you all prefer?

MS: Going ham during the holidays = bulk of the year's sales

Sony: Steady rate throughout the year = possibly maintain lead for the year

As a business: Sony definitely makes more sense. As a consumer MS is good because the holy shit good deals. On black friday it was like $300 with 4 games right?

FourMyle

hedgehog bomba U ~ 25k, the other platform is lower.
Q ~ 48k
R* > 1.1M, PS4 ~ 53%
U < 700k, PS4 ~ 54%

LMAO

unprecedented Sega x Nintendo exclusivity deal!

yAuTvz2.jpg

Bgamer90

Banned
So which method do you all prefer?

MS: Going ham during the holidays = bulk of the year's sales

Sony: Steady rate throughout the year = possibly maintain lead for the year

I honestly don't really prefer one over the other; I'll still have enough games to play for the rest of the year either way.

Busaiku

really not that bad for a 3ds rpg from atlus. only smt iv did better.

Also, I know it's usually stupid to bring up the timeframe, but in this case, I really think it matters.
It came the week after Black Friday and only had a couple days for the month.

As a business: Sony definitely makes more sense. As a consumer MS is good because the holy shit good deals. On black friday it was like $300 with 4 games right?

Depends on where you went. If you count gift card deals you could get it for less then 300+ a game.

How come when people thought I was way off with my xbox wins by 400k to 500k prediction my posts got called out. But now that it turns out to have been pretty accurate nobody points it out?

You'll get a dozen congratulations by posters in the score results thread like everybody else ... if you're number one.

If you're number two you get nothing.

Elios83

I wonder if this will precipitate Sony dropping the PS4 price.

They clearly underestimated how much of a difference that price drop would make,

Nope Sony has always followed its own business plan relatively to its internal targets.
I'm sure that a price drop is already planned for next year.
Seems like both Sony and MS are preparing for big manufacturing costs savings next year with their APUs going to 20nm, redesigns could be in the work for both as well.
I'm expecting both consoles to hit the 299$ price next year.
Same strategy used for the PS2, 100$ less 1.5 up to 2 years after launch. Sony might have gone the conservative way if they still won the holiday season in the US this year but now they'll have to come down with the reality that they can't afford to be priced much higher than the competition and being cheaper was actually a key ingredient of their early success.

Top Bottom