• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

hedgehog bomba U ~ 25k, the other platform is lower.
Q ~ 48k
R* > 1.1M, PS4 ~ 53%
U < 700k, PS4 ~ 54%

I believe an earlier post said that the ACU bundle was slightly less than the Ps4 sales. Thus the game did around 1.5M including bundles which aren't captured in that number posted above.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
really not that bad for a 3ds rpg from atlus. only smt iv did better.

That really ain't half bad + SMT IV had the advantage of the FE:A 30$ eshop promo to build up the audience for the eventual release of FE X SMT on Wii U.

I'd say that's pretty good, all things considered.

honestly SwiftDeath I think you and me should offer ourselves to Sony strategic software planning initiatives, we could probably do a better job than the team there currently at deciding how to market games and when to release them :p

Sounds good to me. You can be damn sure there would be actual gameplay shown in every trailer. One of my pet peeves, not specific to Sony but in general.

Me and Aqua will be on the opposite side for Nintendo :p

Amir0x & SwiftDeath vs. Aquamarine & Vinnygambini

It's on!

daxter325

Banned
Few thoughts:

I'm not a big fan of WRPGs but after seeing this thread and the numerous recommendations for Dragon Age, I'm gonna have to support Bioware on this one.

Shame Sunset Overdrive didn't make October or November's list. Hopefully new X1 owners will take heed and buy the game it's my most favorite new IP this year

So I guess EA's CFO Blake Jorgensen was right about Xbox closing the sales gap.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-catching-up-quickly-to-ps4-ea-exec-says/1100-6423675/

orochi91

As a business: Sony definitely makes more sense. As a consumer MS is good because the holy shit good deals. On black friday it was like $300 with 4 games right?

Yea, the sticker shock was too much during the holidays for consumers.

People associate those days with huge discounts and etc.

From a business perspective, Sony probably has profit levels they need to hit no matter what the competition is up to.

Sony likely has a lot riding on the PS division.

Rubbing one out quickly or a long, slow, lotion-filled session? The answer is clear.

As a student I ain't got time for long hauls. The answer is clear indeed :p

Lemondish

So which method do you all prefer?

MS: Going ham during the holidays = bulk of the year's sales

Sony: Steady rate throughout the year = possibly maintain lead for the year

I'm not sure, though I'll be expecting this type of response from MS whenever they fall far enough behind, so I personally prefer the first.

C4Lukins

It's more than possible. Not everyone buys gifts in Nov

Nah not possible. 300K to 400K at best MS wins by. My prediction is 150 to 250 win for MS. outside of a couple of one day sales for MS in December, specifically at MS stores, I doubt they can eat that much into the PS4 lead.

TI82

Banned
Sony likely has a lot riding on the PS division.

100%, I believe they have said that Playstation is their best performing division. Which is really crazy when they used to be market leaders in TVs, movies, etc. Playstation and Life Insurance are their two best divisions iirc

Xbox wins by 400k to 500k.

400+k?

I'm am shocked and speechless.

tumblr_nd94uiH6dK1qhjbxeo2_500.gif

jackdoe

I believe an earlier post said that the ACU bundle was slightly less than the Ps4 sales. Thus the game did around 1.5M including bundles which aren't captured in that number posted above.
And this would definitely explain why Ubi is actually trying to fix the game and giving away free DLC and games.

I have to wonder about AC Rogue sales as well.

Amir0x

Banned
This NPD says otherwise.

It's not that simple. PS4 still did really good numbers at $399.99. It's a conscious trade-off; they have higher profit margins but less units, and still retain overall lead in US by 750-800k (I think XBO is going to gap PS4 in December by 250k, reducing that further to around 500-550k gap in US). Whereas this is a gaining period for XBO, massive surge, but at a hit to their profit margin on a per unit basis. They sold enough to offset the profit margin decrease, and gained back some lost marketshare in US. For Microsoft the strategy was brilliantly successful.

But due to PS4 still doing well, it means potentially PS4 can maintain its higher price point for a longer period of time and still have a very big strategic impact when it also drops to $349.99, gaining back some of the territory it lost in November.

Sales trajectories are a loooong game, it's never so simple. I see the way both Microsoft and Sony are aligning themselves strategically, and it is super fascinating. For example Sony has a very stacked first six months of 2015, and a stellar holiday season for 2015 if nothing slips. So if they do combine that lineup with their own price drop, they too could have a quite amazing bounce.

So it's very interesting times ahead if you're into sales analysis.

cakely

How come when people thought I was way off with my xbox wins by 400k to 500k prediction my posts got called out. But now that it turns out to have been pretty accurate nobody points it out?

Weren't you saying, just today, that the Xbox One was going to make up half the NA lead this month? that would be a 600k prediction.

1. It's not a "new" game

2. It was broken for most of November. Bad talk spreads.

3. Halo 4 broke Halo sales records. And that was with a bad Halo game.

Halo 4 still sold less than Halo 3 despite a biger install based to work with. Initially it sold more due to the installed base but then word got out and it did not sell more than Halo 3. Also Halo 5 will be just as terrible as Halo 4 .

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
It's not that simple. PS4 still did really good numbers at $399.99. It's a conscious trade-off; they have higher profit margins but less units, and still retain overall lead in US by 750-800k )I think XBO is going to gap PS4 in December by 250k, reducing that further to around 500-550k gap in US). Whereas this is a gaining period for XBO, massive surge, but at a hit to their profit margin on a per unit basis. They sold enough to offset the profit margin decrease, and gained back some lost marketshare in US. For Microsoft the strategy was brilliantly successful.

But due to PS4 still doing well, it means potentially PS4 can maintain its higher price point for a longer period of time and still have a very big strategic impact when it also drops to $349.99, gaining back some of the territory it lost in November.

Sales trajectories are a loooong game, it's never so simple. I see the way both Microsoft and Sony are aligning themselves strategically, and it is super fascinating. For example Sony has a very stacked first six months of 2015, and a stellar holiday season for 2015 if nothing slips. So if they do combine that lineup with a price drop, they too could have a quite amazing bounce.

So it's very interesting times ahead if you're into sales analysis.

So you saying there's a chance for a Wii U comeback amirite?

I'm pulling your leg :p

Sonic is officially dead or is just a Wii U/3DS problem?

SEGA mis-managed the property big time. It's dead, regardless of the platform.

Jomjom

Banned
Weren't you saying, just today, that the Xbox One was going to make up half the NA lead this month? that would be a 600k prediction.

If you go back and look at my post I said about half and then followed it by saying 400-500k.

I didn't know how much exactly ps4 was ahead exactly I just knew it was about a million.

I'm just a bit irked that there were some "Jomjom where you at now?" "Post if you're OK" type posts right after the cboat post.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
GTAV remaster sales are crazy. 1.1 million include the PS4 bundle?

Ignore if already done, thread moves too fast.

npd-home-13usa8r.png

13 npd months:

Wii: 6.03
PS4: 5.63
XBO: 4.91

PS2: 4.42

GTAV remaster sales are crazy. 1.1 million include the PS4 bundle?
These are about the numbers I have (Difference of 20k for PS4 and 12k for Xbone). What is your LTD for Wii U? I'm trying to match the white pie chart creamsugar posted.

Top Bottom