• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Cyclone

He just knows, thats as far as we'll know about it. The mods probably know more.

1.2m

So he doesn't actually know then? You said he knew first hand the exact amounts, but i digress.

1.2 million physical units in US in 4 weeks (I assume) added to a few hundred thousand digital, as MS said it was the best selling digital game ever, plus WW sales, even if you only add a few hundred thousand is near 2.5 million. Assuming 1.2m is correct.

Welfare

Definitely. Probably 2.5Mn.

Honestly, the Xbox could hit 2Mn as well.

Maybe if this were 2003.

Ever since the 2008 Recession, November/Black Friday has taken sales from December. December is really only higher than November because of the extra week now.

Don't expect a massive increase of sales in December.

Mory Dunz

So he doesn't actually know then? You said he knew first hand the exact amounts, but i digress.

zeldacdi__medium.jpg

He's verified

stryke

1.2 million physical units in US in 4 weeks (I assume) added to a few hundred thousand digital, as MS said it was the best selling digital game ever, plus WW sales, even if you only add a few hundred thousand is near 2.5 million. Assuming 1.2m is correct.

He knows a lot more than you do.

crazyprac

Im starting to think it's the same user(s) setting up new emails to sign up and then come to npd threads and purposely be obstuse about the info we get and to the people who provide us this info...

The mods here wouldn't let people post false info, queso is legit bra.

John Wick

Not game development, but I'm a lead developer of a team. I can't really say much about where I work/what I do.

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of green, I'm sorry that I tried suggesting that maybe the developers are happy that they developed an amazing game and shouldn't be disappointed with sales because it wasn't their fault. This place sometimes...

The developer has close relationships with Microsoft and its been hinted at that they bought the deal to Square Enix. They definitely had some part in it. So it is their fault. Karma is a bitch!

John Wick

I've seen nothing but praise for the title, with GOTY references. Just cause no-one had a clue it existed/released, doesn't mean the response wasn't good.

The simple reason why it's screwed was the exclusivity deal and the shenanigans behind it. They locked out their biggest fan base. Also the PC. I hope CD are happy with their decision

NOT SO FAST! If we do the calculations Xbox one won.

At first it seems the PS4 won with 1300 consoles sold to Xbox ones 500 and Wii U's 15:

BUT then you realize Xbox one won. Why? Simple, because the Xbox one's

Bases of Installment™ is HIGHER! Of the 1300 PS4's only 10 are actively using them, for the Wii U's 15, only 3 are playing, but all 500 Xbox ones sold are being played:

qJ4ntx2.jpg

See? Bases of Installments™ or BOI® is the right measure for the winner.

I like that you trademarked Bases of Installments.

Or in January when the 30 days early for every DLC plan begins.

I can't really see a ton of people switching platforms in January when the DLC drops on PS4. Likewise, I think the deal when it was on Xbox it did a hell of a lot more for retaining the player base than getting people to change their whole home gaming platform.

slapnuts

I am surprise Sony did not say much of anything for Black Friday or today looking at these numbers.

Here is a silly example but it's true.

Most real badasses don't say much at all, they don't go around with chest all puffed up...you can provoke them over and over until finally SNAP. lol This is true and it reminds me of Sony's classy style, which i like.

On Topic - Numbers are amazing. SO much for console gaming is dead

Cyclone

It's at 1.3 million physical units in the US across October and November. So from launch day to November 28th.

Source is people in this thread with access to NPD data.

Saw the NDP Mulcair guy talk about CoD/SW/Fallout numbers but didn't see any hard Halo info.

Saw the NDP Mulcair guy talk about CoD/SW/Fallout numbers but didn't see any hard Halo info.

We have numbers from last month (935k with bundles). Then Cosmic was kind enough to provide numbers for this month (without bundles).

Edit: Can someone refresh my mind on the breakdown of UC Collection numbers that we got last month?

I'm just skimming thread to see if he posted any Halo info. How the hell did it fall this badly from 4?
Reach, 343, halo 4 and mcc is the answer to that question. Even though Halo 5 is the best since 3, a lot of damage has been done to the franchise/fan base over the last few years. I am a huge, huge halo 5 and I struggled to buy 5. I am glad that I did though, the multiplayer is great.

4 was also released at a time where the 360 base was massive.

edit: massive in comparison to the xbo at the moment.

I'm not sure if that made a big difference or not. The Halo games solid pretty consistent numbers indicating a relatively dedicated fanbase. 4's numbers cannot only be ascribed to the userbase.

I'm just skimming thread to see if he posted any Halo info. How the hell did it fall this badly from 4?

Well if the drop off is indeed as steep as some have suggested, that's the big question. Is the MP just out of style now? Did the campaign length or style keep some away? Did some other franchise or genre take away the classic halo fans? Did a bunch of the halo audience just phase out from gaming? Probably a number of these things, but something that has to get figured out. That is, if the drop off was indeed that steep.

J_Viper

Well if the drop off is indeed as steep as some have suggested, that's the big question. Is the MP just out of style now? Did the campaign length or style keep some away? Did some other franchise or genre take away the classic halo fans? Did a bunch of the halo audience just phase out from gaming? Probably a number of these things, but something that has to get figured out. That is, if the drop off was indeed that steep.

As someone who's been a fan since CE, which I played on release when I was in the third grade, I can only list my personal problems with Halo 5, for which there are many.

• A boring, short, uneventful campaign
  • Half-baked squad mechanics, made worse with brain-dead friendly AI
  • Non-comprehensible story, filled with poor dialog and flat voice work
  • Esports focused MP
  • Broken ranking system (I ended up in Diamond, now I keep getting matched up against MLG clans)
  • Small amount of maps, all of which are visually boring
  • Worse graphics than its predecessor
  • Warzone is garbage

Of course, these are only my personal gripes, but I definitely see why this one is failing.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Of all the gaming franchises I have virtually no personal experience with, Halo is the one I most wish to see succeed. A space opera shooter? The "space opera" part makes me want it to do well. I've tracked its history a little bit, but only ever had the chance to play through the first game, way back in 2002, and I rather loved it. I was also 14 and extremely impressionable; I don't know how I'd receive it today, now that the world has blessed me with Mass Effect games, that I may live out with Star Trek fantasies a little bit.

So it is that I have virtually no actual connection with Halo, but to see it fall so far is pretty disappointing.

It's interesting how relative everything is, though. Dragon Age: Inquisition, a favorite of mine from 2014, launched in November with... what was it? 685k? And that wasn't half bad, I suppose. But Halo, man. Halo was king of the world. And it was still at least a well-dressed baron through 4. Then 5 drops and suddenly it's just a common aristocrat.

Feels weird.

Jigorath

Banned

343 has not done a good job maintaining the Halo brand since Bungie moved on. MCC was a disaster, and a lot of people consider Halo 4 a disappointment. A lot of the fanbase probably moved on to Destiny.

kswiston

It's pretty hard to kill something as long standing as Tomb Raider, especially when the last few games were good if you weren't expecting a classic TR game. Square Enix might have to spend some time regrouping, but I'm sure the PC version will sell fine (with discounts), and some of the PS4 audience would return for a third game in 2-3 years.

At worst, they just killed the momentum they had going with the reboot.

Darksol

343 has not done a good job maintaining the Halo brand since Bungie moved on. MCC was a disaster, and a lot of people consider Halo 4 a disappointment. A lot of the fanbase probably moved on to Destiny.

I'm derailing this thread to say that your avatar is awesome. 32167, 32167, 32167, 32167...

I love ff7. But seriously I'm fucking suprise at my psn news feed with all these people playing the game. Like I thought everyone and their mother and their mothers mother have played ff7...

They did. They are just playing it again. And they'll play it again-er when the remake comes out.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I love ff7. But seriously I'm fucking suprise at my psn news feed with all these people playing the game. Like I thought everyone and their mother and their mothers mother have played ff7...

We did. But we're all playing it again, and so are our mothers, and our mothers' mothers.

(Serious answer: a ton of people who were, like, Xbox fans 'til recently, or are just too plain young for VII, are catching the fever that the remake announcement created.)

Tubie

I was not planning on getting it at all, but I'm very happy I did. It's so much better than playing the PS1 classics version.

Top Bottom