• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Wereroku

I wonder how many people will be buying SW bundles, not knowing that it will require an Internet connection and additional-cost subscription to even play it. Personal anecdote, my mom was about to buy my nephew a $299 SW bundle, but after talking to me and learning about the online and PS+ requirement she went for the NDC bundle.
So you screwed your nephew out of a ps4? That's a terrible uncle move.

Kill3r7

I wonder how many people will be buying SW bundles, not knowing that it will require an Internet connection and additional-cost subscription to even play it. Personal anecdote, my mom was about to buy my nephew a $299 SW bundle, but after talking to me and learning about the online and PS+ requirement she went for the NDC bundle.

What year is it? Come on now, online play is an intricate part of console gaming and it has been a key factor for the better part of a decade.

Fat4all

Banned

Stuff like that doesn't really matter much when it comes to Christmas gifts. It's shitty, but you do what you have to do to play the game, even if that means having to drive to Walmart at 6 am to get a PS+ subscription.

While I worked at Gamestop for a short period I heard "I didn't know I needed Xbox Live" constantly, but instead of returning the game they were buying XBL cards.

I bought a PS2 and FFX and didn't realize I needed a memory card :)

Kill3r7

Stuff like that doesn't really matter much when it comes to Christmas gifts. It's shitty, but you do what you have to do to play the game, even if that means having to drive to Walmart at 6 am to get a PS+ subscription.

While I worked at Gamestop for a short period I heard "I didn't know I needed Xbox Live" constantly, but instead of returning the game they were buying XBL cards.

You don't even need to go to the store. You can sign up for it from the PSN or XBL store.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures

Well if they opened the game and discovered that, GameStop wouldn't even take it back

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How many ones and ones of units did Vita sell?

edit: Also my dad went hunting for an RF Modulator for my n64 on christmas morning

Raist

Banned
Looks like Amazon updated December again. SW PS4 bundle slides into #2, NDC PS4 up to #13 (From #15). SW PS4 bundle now up to #50 in 2015, 6 spots behind GoW XB1 bundle at #44. NDC PS4 holding at #9 in 2015. Realistically I think NDC PS4 is at its ceiling. It would have to pass CoD XB1, F4 PS4, DS4, and money/online codes.

#3 and #6 respectively on the weekly chart. Bizarrely, #1 and 2 are AC Syndicate on PS4 and XB1.

The Tomb Raider bundle was only for Best Buy?

Yes, and apparently it was just gathering dust.

fjKOuj5.png

I am sure at some point you'll find the fuel for the chainsaw in Maniac Mansion.

ZOONAMI

Most people would lie and say it was broken, get another sealed copy, then return it to a different GS.

Nope, they would test the game and say it works just fine bud. Have a good day.

It is kind of interesting you can return like literally anything to best buy and a lot of other retailers for no other reason than I don't want / need it because I don't like x or y feature, even if it's open, but you can't return a game.

So for november PS4, X1 and Wii U (about the same actually) all did better in 2015 than the previous year?

How about the 3DS, how it performerd in comparison to 2014?

Shahed

One thing I don't understand about the Tomb Raider deal. I get why Microsoft wanted it. It's in a genre with an audience that skews heavily Playstation and towards Europe and one where they are lacking a compelling IP of their own. It's where the majority of sales are. They want that audience hence the exclusivity deal. It didn't work out, but I can understand why they'd do it.

But if they're going to do it to atract a certain audience, why not do it properly? The bundle was supposedly exclusive to Best Buy in America? And isn't even present in the region (EU) they're trying to court with said deal? If they weren't going to bother to try everything needed to gain the audience they wanted, why bother with the deal in the first place?

Rymuth

One thing I don't understand about the Tomb Raider deal. I get why Microsoft wanted it. It's in a genre with an audience that skews heavily Playstation and towards Europe and one where they are lacking a compelling IP of their own. It's where the majority of sales are. They want that audience hence the exclusivity deal. It didn't remotely work out, but I can understand why they'd do it.

But if they're going to do it to atract a certain audience, why not do it properly? The bundle was supposedly exclusive to Best Buy in America? And isn't even present in the region (EU8 they're trying to court with said deal? If they weren't going to bother to try everything needed to gain the audience they wanted, why bother with the deal in the first place?
From what I gather, it was originally slated for a big marketing push but then Square-Enix broke rank by outing the PS4/PC versions and putting up the pre-orders. When that happened, the relationship 'soured' and the push got downgraded to a whimper.

At least, that's what I understood from Kagari's posts.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You have an awesome dad. Did the story have a happy ending?

It did. He found one. These things were rarer than rare. It was amazing that he found one. I think he found one at a RADIOSHACK in the MALL or some shit.

Shahed

From what I gather, it was originally slated for a big marketing push but then Square-Enix broke rank by outing the PS4/PC versions and putting up the pre-orders. When that happened, the relationship 'soured' and the push got downgraded to a whimper.

At least, that's what I understood from Kagari's posts.
If that is indeed what happened it seems a bit silly since it doesn't benefit either party. Ultimately they're both worse off

If that is indeed what happened it seems abit silly since it doesn't benefit either party. Ultimately they're both worse off

If that happened shouldn't there be a noticeable decline in marketing effort in a specific time period?

It'd be pretty dumb though and funny MS didn't put it into the contract.

Top Bottom