• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPR's Top 50 Albums of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Didn't know about this Domo Genesis album. Dope so far.

Glad to see Kaytranada up there.

TFORTOM

Neo Member
I wonder how well the likes of Lemonade would have done had Beyonce not already had the fan base. It feels like I've heard a lot of the themes on the album explored by smaller artists before, though I've only given the album a couple of listens. But, I do have a fair amount of resistance to pop idols in general, so predispositions are probably swaying my thoughts.

I really like Nothing's Real by Shura. Check that out!

I'll second that recommendation. Still have quite a few cuts from that LP on rather heavy rotation.

This list seems way too US-centric.

Absolutely, quite common across all lists unfortunately. I guess the US has such a large amount of artists pining for attention that it's difficult to find the time to explore anything across the sea... which is a shame.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Overrated isn't a real thing. Don't be a douche.
Overrated is a real thing, if someone views something that is a 4/5 stars as a 3/5 than they believe it is overrated. I mean really should give a reason for why they believe so, which is why the person you quoted should be ignored as their opinion is highly illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom