• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRA mock Kim Kardashian after Robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

The National Rifle Association decided it was appropriate to needle Kim Kardashian West about her position on gun control after the reality TV star was robbed at gunpoint in Paris.

Kardashian West was robbed early Monday morning by armed thieves dressed as police officers. Her representatives said she was “badly shaken but physically unharmed” during the incident, which took place at a private apartment she was staying at during Paris Fashion Week.

As many public figures offered support for the celebrity on Monday morning, the NRA instead seized the chance to argue against the efficacy of background checks.

Wait, criminals held @KimKardashian at gunpoint in Paris? How is that possible? Does anyone know if they passed a background check first?

It's shocking that these criminals did not subject themselves to Paris' strict #guncontrol laws before committing this awful crime.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nra-kim-kardashian-robbery_us_57f2a382e4b0c2407cdf25b6

Meanwhile the next NRA conference will be in a gun free zone. They are scum.

Well, that's gross.

I don't understand how people think it's OK to gloat about how much they don't care or don't like Kim K and her family. It's not a very interesting or original thought process and leads to people making light of something as terrible as being robbed at gunpoint.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
They've already bragged about their increased profits after mass shootings like Sandy Hook, so I don't really know if something this relatively tame should surprise anyone.

Bleepey

Just curious, has Kim Kardashian (or any of the Kardashians) taken a public stance on gun control?

Kim said:
The fact that anyone can so easily access guns is so scary & after all of the devastating loss the Senate should have not failed us!!!

All she wanted are background checks. I know why the NRA conferences are gun free zones, if shit went down at their conferences they'd look stupid and not just evil.

edit: the thieves pretended to be police officers. Maybe people should start drawing arms on police officers because you can never be too sure. FML. Also France's homicide rate is way lower than the US's. Cunts.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Well, that's gross.

I don't understand how people think it's OK to gloat about how much they don't care or don't like Kim K and her family. It's not a very interesting or original thought process and leads to people making light of something as terrible as being robbed at gunpoint.

NRA people don't care about anybody who isn't a gun owner. If you're not carrying a gun, you probably got what you deserve. Coming out of college and working in close quarters with ~20 middle-aged white dudes in Oklahoma really opened my eyes to how tribal they are about this shit. It's practically a religion at this point.

Bladenic

It sounds more like they're mocking France's gun control laws? All it takes is to show them the difference between France and US when it comes to just about any statistic involving guns. Though I'm sure they know and don't give a fuck, so...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The NRA should collectively swallow a gun, but I see this more as tastelessly capitalizing on someone's trauma to argue a point than a direct mocking of Kim Kardashian. After reading the thread title I expected the NRA to have said something like "if only she'd had a gun instead of being a pro-gun control baby" or something.

This is so weird to me. I get not liking the show or the family. I certainly don't.

But to throw the word "hate" out there is kinda pathetic imo

Anyone voting for Trump to protect their wealth at the expense of the health of the nation and the happiness of the people might deserve "hate."

Aselith

How is Yeezus voting tho. I mean if he thought Bush hated black people, he's gotta be flipping out about Trump pretty hard rn

VariantX

NRA people don't care about anybody who isn't a gun owner. If you're not carrying a gun, you probably got what you deserve. Coming out of college and working in close quarters with ~20 middle-aged white dudes in Oklahoma really opened my eyes to how tribal they are about this shit. It's practically a religion at this point.

I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit about minority gun owners.

The NRA as an organization are evil, it's not hyperbole or exaggeration.

They fight common sense gun law and in doing so are complicit in the horrendously high death count the US has every year from guns

kmfdmpig

It sounds more like they're mocking France's gun control laws? All it takes is to show them the difference between France and US when it comes to just about any statistic involving guns. Though I'm sure they know and don't give a fuck, so...

Yes. That seems to be exactly what they're saying. There is a weird tendency to twist bad quotes into something even worse. To me it seems counterproductive as the original quotes are tasteless and bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom