• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

nemiroff

Gold Member
I think I got fucked in the ass by the buying process here in Norway.. I managed to quickly put an Asus ROG Strix OC in the cart, and even got the payment process through. But the order looks to be in limbo as "Open" without getting through to be confirmed.. Some shops now shows two months backorder.

The Nvidia shop in Norway is a joke. They had "available on 17.09" on their site for several days, also promised to send notification when the cards were available. I've refreshed like a maniac, couldn't have missed anything, then suddenly it says "out of stock"... Doesn't make any sense. That one pissed me off a lot, I'm starting to think they never had any cards.

Last edited:

Rygeist

Banned
Worst GPU/Nvidia launch of all time? They've got that in the bag. I've never seen something sell out so fast. It's almost like they should've opened up preorders way ahead of time.

Nvidia site went straight to out of stock, never got notified. o_O

Guess it will be the same for 3090 FEs. 👀

Nvidia: "Good job, boys. We managed to sell out all 10 cards. Let's hope the next batch of 10 does as well the following week."

I bought two FE 1080s day one, easily. I bought my FE RTX 2080 TI day one, easily. I’d bet money that low stocks are pandemic related. The world has been hit hard.

I'm sure that's what they'll say is the cause. It's a common, and likely valid, excuse these days. Regardless, the cynic in me thinks it's artificial scarcity.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Welp, time to go to work in a shit mood for the rest of the day, while also getting nothing done as I constantly check my phone.

That's how I feel.

Doing anything like checking out on mobile is a goddam nightmare compared to on desktop sites.

GHG

Gold Member

Some of the cards on Newegg sold out at 3am. 6am launch my ass. Manufactured hype just to sell a couple thousand cards.

Even nowinstock was down when I was trying to check it earlier. Nvidia managed to take out bhphotovideo, newegg, nowinstock, the evga website and many others with their fake launch.

thief183

On the nvidia website the card has been out of stock in 2 seconds... all the partners are having their website down...(in Italy).... I don't want to buy from scalpers...

Rygeist

Banned
Even nowinstock was down when I was trying to check it earlier. Nvidia managed to take out bhphotovideo, newegg, nowinstock, the evga website and many others with their fake launch.

I'm almost positive they probably had 200 maybe 300 cards that got botted instantly on the NVIDIA Store. Reddit is saying they didn't even get to a payment page.

This puts such a sour taste in my mouth. I figured the launch would be bad, but this is abysmal and just outright pathetic. They definitely could have mitigated this. Not to mention it was torture getting to checkout MULTIPLE times only to be met with error messages.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Oh my.. I see shops selling 2080Tis "on sale" more expensive than even the most expensive ASUS 3080 ROG Strix. How can they do this to people who just doesn't know, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night..

Yeah me too lol

Me too! What a joke indeed :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

CuNi

I put in a order with Caseking.de. I swear that was a fight, now all that's left is to wait.
I feel it won't arrive until October which is fine I guess. I would've loved the 20GB version to release earlier but I'm going to stick with the 10GB Version.
I don't game in 4k except for VR titles anyway and they aren't going to hog VRAM that badly. I hope to use this card till 5000 or maybe even 6000 Series from NVIDIA.

kiphalfton

I don't doubt it's bots. This happens every freaking week on EVGA's website when they have their b-stock sale. Stuff sells out in less than a minute... and that's for discounted items. So yeah, a major release isn't going to last beyond 15 seconds, if that. Then again, I've heard this happens every generation, so not surprised.

Siri

Banned
The 3080 benchmarks are just phenomenal - and the price of the card is super low. Nvidia could have sold these cards for much more than what they did and the cards still would have flown off the shelves.

You can’t really say that Nvidia is greedy here. They had an opportunity to make much more money, but passed.

GHG

Gold Member
JayTwoCents going in at EVGA about the abhorrent red accents. My guy.

The card performs well though for those who care about that.

Thanks for the jungle.de link ! I think I got one. Maybe, hopefully *crosses fingers*

Tried to get from the shop I usually buy tech and the site would crash on order every single time for 30 minutes straight :messenger_grinning_sweat:

rZx31te.jpg
but it says arriving on 24-26 :messenger_sad_relieved:

Yeah it looks like so far from the AIB card reviews I've glanced at the temps/fan noise are pretty good overall. I'm really surprised as I was almost certain that the AIBs wouldn't put in the money to cool such a high power drawing card as well as the FE, but by God they've done it. They seem to have done a really good job and the 3000 series are not the hot/loud messes I thought they would be.

Looks like I was wrong, I accept my serving of crow.

Last edited:
So I'm a Veteran(you're welcome BTW) and I was thinking, Hmm...maybe I can check out the PX(essentially a Military Mall) to see if any snuck by. LoL, nope....They ONLY have RTX 2080 pre-built's for sale at crack prices.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
fuck this shit. i got a PS5 preordered. will pre order an XSX too.

maybe if AMD have something to offer i will get it. maybe when a 3080 Ti comes out with more than the pathetic 10GB the 3080 has then i will upgrade my PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom