• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

Jhoan

Saturday is fine. Can't buy everyone drinks. Recovering from identity theft and car impounding.
Sweet Jesus! I'm so sorry to hear that man. I can see why you might need a drink. :(

Did you find the culprit or get an idea of how your ID was stolen? I'll be super frugal since money this month has gone to credit card bill, food, and the MTA.

Anybody know of any cheap moving companies? I just want to transport my clothes, TV, games, game systems and some light camera equipment that I could honestly take up half of that myself with my laptop. No furniture, it's all shit anyway so not worth keeping.

Anybody know of any cheap moving companies? I just want to transport my clothes, TV, games, game systems and some light camera equipment that I could honestly take up half of that myself with my laptop. No furniture, it's all shit anyway so not worth keeping.

I used Clean Cut Movers to move my entire 1 bedroom last October. If I remember correctly they were like $200 cheaper than the next cheapest option with solid reviews. I think it ended up being like $400 or so for 3 hours, 2 movers and a truck. They were totally fine.

Though in your case it might be better to ask around your friends, see if anyone has a truck/knows someone who has a truck.

I used Clean Cut Movers to move my entire 1 bedroom last October. If I remember correctly they were like $200 cheaper than the next cheapest option with solid reviews. I think it ended up being like $400 or so for 3 hours, 2 movers and a truck. They were totally fine.

Though in your case it might be better to ask around your friends, see if anyone has a truck/knows someone who has a truck.
Yikes, my money is tight enough as it is. My parents don't seem willing to load up the suv either.

Penguin

Saturday is fine. Can't buy everyone drinks. Recovering from identity theft and car impounding.
Oh wow
That sucks
You don't have to do it this weekend!
You have more pressing concerns

How long do you have to move? I mean if have time could be multiple little trips.

Sylas

Hi NYC gaffers!

So I've been living here for almost a year and it's come time to move out of the short-term rental I've been in. Been looking at place, ideally broker-free because that fee can be a bit ridiculous. I'm curious, though. What do you guys think the chances are of finding a 2br for $1500-$1800? Don't wanna live out in Far Rockaway, either. Hoping to keep my commute reasonable.

I can go higher, but I'd rather not. It's been tough going, but there are a handful I've seen. Mostly just curious since I've not been here long enough to get a good feel for prices yet.

How long do you have to move? I mean if have time could be multiple little trips.
Next Friday. I'd do it piece by piece fine, but I don't have a bag that's too big for my clothing and my tv would be the problem. I mean at some point I could just get B&H to ship one to me, but still why?

Why not rent a car yourself?

You can get a daily rental for under 50-60.

or zipcar for 30 (registration fee) + 8 or so an hour

Hi NYC gaffers!

So I've been living here for almost a year and it's come time to move out of the short-term rental I've been in. Been looking at place, ideally broker-free because that fee can be a bit ridiculous. I'm curious, though. What do you guys think the chances are of finding a 2br for $1500-$1800? Don't wanna live out in Far Rockaway, either. Hoping to keep my commute reasonable.

I can go higher, but I'd rather not. It's been tough going, but there are a handful I've seen. Mostly just curious since I've not been here long enough to get a good feel for prices yet.

A 2 BR for $1800? Good luck. Most 1 BR's are $1800+.

He doesn't partake in spirits. Update. I'm now a Brooklynite. Unofficially but I just put down a security deposit.

Congrats Jaded! i may be down there soon, i might go retro CRT hunting down there and hit up Mega. i'll try and meet up with you if you're around. i'm not sure when i'll come but i know a girl that lives in bed stuy/clinton hill, so i might crash a weekend in july.

Congrats Jaded! i may be down there soon, i might go retro CRT hunting down there and hit up Mega. i'll try and meet up with you if you're around. i'm not sure when i'll come but i know a girl that lives in bed stuy/clinton hill, so i might crash a weekend in july.
Yeah let me know. Hopefully we can hang out and discuss Macross. Have fun moving all of your gunpla and Macross stuff.

Hi NYC gaffers!

Finding one bedroom for that price (>$900) is easy, if you're flexible. Finding a spot with 2 bedrooms together is much, much tougher.

Jhoan

I've spent the last hour walking around Little Italy and Nolita trying to find the bar my brother's birthday meetup is at. I'm Mr. Magoo'ing so much. It says it's near East Broadway and Greene St. but I've going around in circles. Thanks Google Maps!

EDIT: Found the place. It was next to the East Broadway F Train station across the street of all places.

Makai

Barcade at

148 W 24th St, New York, NY 10011

This location is the nearest to the center of everyone.

I'll show up at like 8 if other people confirm they're going.

Jhoan

Drinking last night with the bros took a bite out of my wallet but I should still be able to make it. Going into frugal mode for the next several days until July rolls in.

I think I'll start doing these when I hit Brooklyn. I don't want to pay for the LIRR and taking the bus in to Jamaica Center and riding the E in is fucking taxing on the body.

Jhoan

I just got into the apartment now since I thought the doorknob was screwed up and my brother was here the whole time but didn't hear me frantically ringing the doorbell. Had to get a neighbor to call the super since I left my phone charging. Long story short, the Super used common sense. Need to take a shower and get changed to head out.

Jhoan

I'm about to head out. Watching a bit of the Mets/Braves game as I get ready. Going to drink a few beers beforehand I popped into the freezer. Will bring my Gwent set and Caca in case anyone wants to do some tabletop gaming.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm about to head out. Watching a bit of the Mets/Braves game as I get ready. Going to drink a few beers beforehand I popped into the freezer. Will bring my Gwent set and Caca in case anyone wants to do some tabletop gaming.

Well, I did steal a table for my pork sandwich thing.

Top Bottom