• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

Pau

I definitely know one Columbia grad who's too cool for GAF.
I have an irrational dislike of Columbia for two reasons.

1. The kid from my high scool who went there was an asshole "friend" who put me down anytime he could and had everything in life handed to him.

2. People mispelling my country's name as Columbia. :p

hoggert

Columbia is a joke except for their grad programs. Everytime I have the misfortune of making the acquaintance of undergrads I feel like dying. New money pretentious helicoptered to fuck and back blah blah. I'm sure there's some nice ones but when I hear "my senior thesis project is pixelated black and white photos of my menstrual blood and my girlfriend's wig in a hotel bathtub" I want to find someplace cold and quiet to die. Also I really don't like how Columbia are gentrifying the fuck out out Morningside even if it was terrible here back in the 80s to earlier 90s.

There are some cool NYU kids. Even on this board. Lurking this very thread even. But I don't think they'll post because they are now Vermontfolk apparently.

Pau

I really don't have anything against NYU excpet it's high tuition. :p My sister attended graduate school there and now works for them.

Columbia is a joke except for their grad programs. Everytime I have the misfortune of making the acquaintance of undergrads I feel like dying. New money pretentious helicoptered to fuck and back blah blah. I'm sure there's some nice ones but when I hear "my senior thesis project is pixelated black and white photos of my menstrual blood and my girlfriend's wig in a hotel bathtub" I want to find someplace cold and quiet to die. Also I really don't like how Columbia are gentrifying the fuck out out Morningside even if it was terrible here back in the 80s to earlier 90s.

There are some cool NYU kids. Even on this board. Lurking this very thread even. But I don't think they'll post because they are now Vermontfolk apparently.

I want to be helicoptered to fuck.

Mega

Banned
My only beef with NYU is that their buildings are all over that part of the city, like a quasi college town.
nyu-downloadable-campus-map.jpg

No issues otherwise, I got in for undergrad and almost went there myself. I liked what I saw when I was evaluating the school but decided on CUNY for financial reasons. :(

I had a couple of coworkers fresh out of Columbia who were both shitty personality-wise. For an elite school with liberal, progressive values some of the stuff that came out of their mouths was incredibly dumb. It took them a couple of years to shape up into decent people. I still work with one and she's matured quite a bit which is good because we sometimes work closely.

Kisaya

My dad works at Columbia and desperately tried to get me in cause his benefits would have my tuition waved. Too bad I wasn't smart enough!!!

For real though, I would love to attend Teachers College for grad school in their Arts Admin program.

I'm now officially in Brooklyn, just have to wait several hours to get my keys....I'm fucking STARVING!!!!!!

Welcome.

I just moved to my new Bushwick place and found out their shooing gotham there tonight (well maybe not cause of the rain but) literally right outside my building

Mega

Banned
I'm watching my boss' apartment and cats in Downtown Brooklyn while he's away this weekend. His apartment is gorgeous, open and spacious compared to mine!!

We're steps from the water and will have front row seats to the fireworks when we head up to the roof, literally right in front of this building. All my life in the city and I've never gone to see them. Hyped!

Jhoan

I've been bored all day pretty much as I'm experiencing an artist block and can't think of anything I really want to draw today. Yesterday it was my brother. I normally don't do anything special on 4th of July.

hoggert

Roofing it with friends. Maybe something else. One thing I miss about chilling further up on Manhattan is grilling on the roof and no one calling the cops. Now I have to just settle with a unplugged smoke detector, foreman grill and this palestine place nearby that does awesome wings/pita mac n cheese.

I tried going to Brooklyn heights last year to see the fireworks. Such a failure.

Need to find a good Brooklyn roof. Probably gonna end up day drinking though and forgetting...

All my friends with good roofs are out of town

Penguin

Not sure if anyone been, but going to WayStation to check out Independence Day if anyone is interested.

Also had an idea for another meet-up, we should try to do one of those pub trivia nights for something gaming.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
8 years ago a coworker told me about how amazing Ninja New York was, she even propositioned that we have sex there. I finally went this weekend and it was one of the lamest experiences ever. Gamestop has more enthusiastic staff.

Damn I have no idea what to do today. Anything cool to see at Central Park? I went to the website and I figured there will be some things to do, maybe some festivities of sort but I didn't see anything. Unless I missed something. A lot of people I know had to work today so that ruined the BBQ plans but they come out before 4 so we're still trying to think of things to do.

Either way happy 4th of July to you guys stay safe, I hope you enjoy the fireworks and anything else y'all might be doing!

Damn I have no idea what to do today. Anything cool to see at Central Park? I went to the website and I figured there will be some things to do, maybe some festivities of sort but I didn't see anything. Unless I missed something. A lot of people I know had to work today so that ruined the BBQ plans but they come out before 4 so we're still trying to think of things to do.

Either way happy 4th of July to you guys stay safe, I hope you enjoy the fireworks and anything else y'all might be doing!

I have plans with ratchet and clank this evening, if that counts

I'm just standing here making oatmeal and binging anime on my laptop since I won't have a tv for like a month and I don't get Internet till like Friday.

Jhoan

I got nothing planned except for a tentative date that's probably going to fall through and been coloring a few drawings while tuning into Summer Games Done Quick. Want to do a Merica themed drawing. Have some ciders and beers ready to pop into the fridge.

As for things to do today, here you go man: http://www.timeout.com/newyork/things-to-do/best-4th-of-july-events?package_page=35439

The annual Nathan's Hotdog Eating contest happened earlier. Bet that must have been hectic.
I have plans with ratchet and clank this evening, if that counts
Let me guess: You're watching the SDGQ stream?

Top Bottom