• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: In Interview, Trump Expresses Anger at Sessions and Comey, and Warns Mueller

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I really hope this is the end of Sessions. He's competent enough to get his own evil agenda through the DOJ.
Agreed, I put Sessions right up there next to Trump. His recusal was so crucial, we're fortunate he bumbled the way he did in his hearing.

Back during the Comey hearings there were a lot of good hints laid that they could have stuff on him too, hopefully enough to force resignation at the least.

You might actually have a point of the last three plus months of Trump going apeshit because of the Russian investigation never happened.

Let's say he's either unaware of Russia connections or he's actually not guilty of anything to do with Russia. But there's a bunch of other illegal shit he knows can be uncovered with all these investigators turning over rocks. How is it difficult to see how he would be losing his mind over that?

digdug2k

The thing I can't get over is how dumb he is. You'd think I'd have managed this by now; I've long since grasped what a petty, vindictive, vicious little wiener Donald is. But holy fuck, I just cannot get my arms around his stupidity.
I don't think you can really manage this. His campaign, obviously at this point, actively colluded with Russia to do illegal things in order to win the election. Like, I kinda mused that maybe that happened back in November, but I think everyone was like "Nah. Probably just Putin fucking with us all." Now its just fucking obvious. And if its this obvious to me, I can't imagine what kinda shit the FBI and CIA have and have been sitting on for 6 months.

But yeah. I'm surprised that people are just realizing how dumb the man is. He was on fucking TV for years, wasn't he? I think people have trouble accepting the fact that a lot of really really rich people are incredibly dumb and untalented.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Is 'adoptions' code-word for something else? o___O
This is the second Russian based meeting we know of where a Trump was involved that talked about this.

Exact same thing I thought. Using the media to communicate with code words?

Way too conspiracy theorish for my liking.

Exact same thing I thought. Using the media to communicate with code words?

Way too conspiracy theorish for my liking.

Russia blocked adoptions as a response to our sanctions. When they say "adoption" or "orphans" all they really mean is Trump dropping sanctions to appease the Kremlin. It's that straightforward.

UberTag

But yeah. I'm surprised that people are just realizing how dumb the man is. He was on fucking TV for years, wasn't he? I think people have trouble accepting the fact that a lot of really really rich people are incredibly dumb and untalented.
There's this certain mystique about celebrity that compels people to put them on some kind of elevated plateau on a subconscious level.
Which is rather absurd considering that they're just human beings like anyone else... susceptible to the same faults and idiosyncrasies.
They just happen to have more fame/money/followers on YouTube or whatever to distinguish them.
And that shit is simply numbers. Most of which are meaningless.

Exile20

Oh no, you're totally correct.

I keep thinking he can't be THAT big a fucking idiot. But then he goes and does something else to shatter my ideas of just how big of an idiot he is.

a couple months ago I was like that. He can't be this stupid but then i realised I was asking myself that for everything he did and came to the conclusion he is really is that stupid.

Agreed, I put Sessions right up there next to Trump. His recusal was so crucial, we're fortunate he bumbled the way he did in his hearing.

Back during the Comey hearings there were a lot of good hints laid that they could have stuff on him too, hopefully enough to force resignation at the least.

I really want to know what the deal is with those insinuations from the Comey hearing. Sessions seemed so full of righteous indignation at his own hearing that I believed for a second that he was innocent... Now I'm curious how badly he fooled me.

Tommy DJ

Firing Comey was obstruction of justice. Didn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.

Evidently it did matter because it put Mueller into the position he's in right now.

God, you are the worst. Trump could nuke Germany and you'd say "nothing matters anymore".

@blakehounshell
So this is weird, huh? Trump seems to suggest here that he'd heard about the Trump Jr. meeting, then says he hadn't.

DFJJpzJWAAEBXTZ.jpg

I mean, he says clear as day that he knew about the meeting.

cakely

The orange shitstain is threatening the special counsel?

Can we just skip the next year of drama and send him and a couple family members directly to prison? It will be a healing experience for the nation.

Good lord. Someone save us from this man. He is hitting new lows on a weekly basis.

Trump has been undermining right wing propaganda machines(and his administration) by his own mouth for quite some time now. It sounds as if he was told to repeat 'unimportant meeting', 'know nothing about meeting' and 'it's just politics' as talking points'. However, he manages to screw them up.

His lawyers must be going insane.

He admits he wanted Jeff to end the investigation and then he admits chatting with Putin about the Maginsky Act sanctions.

He admits all this stuff not even realize that he's confirming collusion with Russia.

And he admits all this to the NYT, who he claims is failing all the time...

He is just a stone cold moron.

Tommy DJ

He contradicts himself multiple times in just a few sentences. I honestly believe he wants out

He's just bad at this. He's given right wing talking points but can't string them together effective enough to not stumble over himself.

See his interviews with Fox News where he can't even hit the softballs they give him.

Does anyone in the world like Sessions? It seems like Trump doesn't anymore. My coworker who is a t_d reader hates him. It doesn't seem like most Republicans like him. Obviously no Democrats or anyone on the left can stand him.

I don't understand how people like that are politicians. How did he ever get elected in the first place?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone that seemed like a Sessions fan.

Is this some black mirror shit were I slapped on some VR and was like "give me the craziest person as president" Simulation? Can I just get unplugged from this it's too much!

What kept Sessions from playing ball and kissing the ring though?

Does anyone in the world like Sessions? It seems like Trump doesn't anymore. My coworker who is a t_d reader hates him. It doesn't seem like most Republicans like him. Obviously no Democrats or anyone on the left can stand him.

I don't understand how people like that are politicians. How did he ever get elected in the first place?

Probably hates him for the same reason Trump is pissed at him.

Woo-Fu

Banned
No surprise that somebody who never takes responsibility for his actions or promises would be angry at practically everybody else around him in a situation like this. It has to be somebody's fault after all and #fake_news will only get you so far.

Steve King (R-Racist) is a big fan.

Kevtones

It sounds like he knows he has to lie but read none of his prepared lie. Then at the moment of dishonesty he gets accidentally honest and isn't nimble enough to redirect it coherently.

I swear there must be the comedic little monkey smashing symbols in Trump's head! Like What!?!?!

Note the tense he used in the first line.

I heard they HAVE information
not..
I heard they HAD information

If someone was trying to explain that they heard about the email NOW, not back then, they would say "HAD". If Trump inadvertently blurted out his memory of the event as it transpired, he would phrase it this way. (Before he tumbled into an attempt to deny that he knew anything until recently).

Yeah I heard that the IRS wants to speak to me. <-- relating something in the past
Yeah I heard that the IRS wanted to speak to me. <-- relating something I just learned recently.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Sessions recusing himself is the primary reason the FBI investigation has gone this far.

Hell, we should be thanking him for his recusal.

He wasn't doing us any favors when he chose to recuse. He was staring down two roads (1) Obstruction and (2) Complicity. He was already caught lying red-handed during his hearing, so he decided not to risk the publicized pressure and heat that obstruction by leading the investigation would cause. (Besides it is the correct path to take from an ethical and legal point of view)

He's a doddering old fool afterall and its doubtful he could protect himself and the sheer weight of incompetency involved even if he remained in charge of the investigation. All eyes would be on him, something he probably wishes to avoid...he has a lot of skeletons in the closet as well I imagine.

But yes, we can sort of thank him for not taking on the risk for standing firm on leading the investigation.

Trey

This is the money-shot. Schneiderman will gold plate his career on the back of litigating a RICO case on Trump-Manafort et al.

schneiderman wants to be governor of New York for sure - maybe even president. having Donald Trump's head on his mantle will surely be a vote getter in a blue state.

Hmm so if Trump fires Sessions instead of firing Rosenstein, the new AG will be Trump's guy AND will outrank Rosenstein, and will be able to fire Mueller and place someone more Trump friendly at the head of the investigation. I wonder if that would be enough obfuscation for Trump to actually do it.

While I'm sure they're investigating obstruction of justice, those charges would be a lot more difficult to pin down versus something black-and-white like money laundering.
I don't see how obstruction is hard to pin down considering Trump told everyone on national TV what he did and why (Firing Comey because the Russia investigation was fake news), and then told the Russians in the oval office the next day what he desired and expected to be the result of firing Comey (relieving the pressure of the Russia investigation).

What do people need?

That's a straight forward 1+1=2, and he even shows his work. This is all public knowledge.

If anything I hope an obstruction investigation looks into what other dirty tricks he's tried to pull, like the Nunes stunts.

antonz

Money is going to be what really gets him.

On his financial forms he indicates he got at least a 50 million dollar loan from a company that has a publicly reported net asset value of less then $1000. How does a company that legally registered to have less than $1000 give over 50 million to Trump

She's ready, folks.

Moscow (CNN)A Russian lawyer who attended a controversial June 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr. at Trump Tower told CNN on Wednesday that she is willing to testify before the US Senate.

Asked by CNN if she is willing to testify before the US Senate, Natalia Veselnitskaya texted back: "Yes, I'm ready, if I will be provided with guarantees for my safety. I do not intend to say anything more, on the advice of my lawyers."

Lawyer offers 'real, true story'
Veselnitskaya told the Russian government-backed media outlet RT on Tuesday that she was ready to testify before the US Congress in order to clarify the "mass hysteria" around her story, if it was done within a legal framework and her safety was assured.

Permanently A

She's ready, folks.

Moscow (CNN)A Russian lawyer who attended a controversial June 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr. at Trump Tower told CNN on Wednesday that she is willing to testify before the US Senate.

Asked by CNN if she is willing to testify before the US Senate, Natalia Veselnitskaya texted back: "Yes, I'm ready, if I will be provided with guarantees for my safety. I do not intend to say anything more, on the advice of my lawyers."

Veselnitskaya told the Russian government-backed media outlet RT on Tuesday that she was ready to testify before the US Congress in order to clarify the "mass hysteria" around her story, if it was done within a legal framework and her safety was assured.

guarantees for safety????????

why would she need protection for a meeting supposedly about adoptions?

She's ready, folks.

Sounds suspect. Why would she tell a Russian state run network this and not someone in the FBI/special investigation?

Top Bottom