• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Jill Stein said she preferred this outcome, because she knew how to fight this.

Where's your fucking fight, Jill Stein? Huh?

What's your fucking plan?

RPGCrazied

Sounds like another protest should be brewing. Muslim's March. This is unacceptable. You can't be banning everyone. Even legal American citizen Muslims can't leave/return.

How the fuck do you detain people who were already cleared and in an airplane to the US. This makes no sense. Fuck Trump and the whole bunch of assholes running the US at the moment.

HardRojo

I remember reading that until last year Peru was in negotiations to eliminate visa requirements for entering the US, that's not happening now, is it? Fuck Trump, I've been in the US before and was planning to visit my relatives there for some nice vacations, now I'm afraid they might deny the visa for no reason whatsoever. I should've applied last year, several of my friends got a 10 year one.

Fuck this shit, that's disgusting. Also fuck Trump the dump, his racist ass cabinet, his dumb moronic aides, his hateful ignorant ass supporters and the people who voted R because it was their home team. This is all on them.

American Flags should be burned all over the country today.

Trump and all the people who voted for him are no better than Nazis. They may as well start goose-stepping and chanting Seig Heil.

Sounds like another protest should be brewing. Muslim's March. This is unacceptable. You can't be banning everyone. Even legal American citizen Muslims can't leave/return.

Sounds like every humane human needs to march on Washington, not in protest but revolt. Remove this administration, they are the enemy of Americans, America and its values.

More than that. Many Americans didn't vote or voted 3rd party meaning they were cool with this possibility

That doesn't mean they like this outcome. Remember some people didn't vote because of things like suppression, not just because they weren't interested.

UberTag

I'd like to point out that the entire world is now looking at you, USA, in complete disgust.

Good luck with that.
Decades of earned goodwill are being flushed down the shitter because of Trump. DECADES.
It will probably take decades to earn this goodwill back once he's gone. Hope you're happy with yourselves.

Can't wait until they start detaining Canadian Muslims from visiting their families and loved ones in the U.S. I'm sure that's next on Bannon's drawing board. That's 8% of the population of Toronto, incidentally.

Sickening, honestly.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

That's missing the last line...

"And close it in their face."

Shame on the US. Shame.

Xando

Nothing major will happen as long as only minorities are hit.

Americans are too complacent and America is going down the rabbit hole quickly.

There was a guy around 90 years ago who also got to power because people didn't care or cheered for him and then suddenly jews weren't allowed to live in that country anymore

We all know how that story went

Watching the US from the outside is fuckin scary. I can only imagine what its like living there. Its turning into a facist state. Disgusting attitude to people that need help.

Really? You think people are being loaded up into trains and being shipped to an Auschwitz USA? Armored cars roaming neighborhoods?

Future

That doesn't mean they like this outcome. Remember some people didn't vote because of things like suppression, not just because they weren't interested.

Seriously doubt suppression alone accounted for 92 million people not voting. Not to mention those that heard trumps nonsense and voted 3rd party anyway.

Most did not care about these outcomes. Because, America

UberTag

Why would they? This is what their constituents want.
Their constituents would probably endorse a return to black slavery tomorrow and chemically castrating the entire LGBTQ population if given the choice.
That doesn't mean it's a good idea to carry out. And neither is this.

Kusagari

Really? You think people are being loaded up into trains and being shipped to an Auschwitz USA? Armored cars roaming neighborhoods?

You can be a fascist state without being the extremes of Nazi Germany. Turkey and Russia are considered by many to be modern examples of fascist states currently and it's hard not to see America trending that way after a mere week of Trump.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

6914022_f1024.jpg

Their constituents would probably endorse a return to black slavery tomorrow and chemically castrating the entire LGBTQ population if given the choice.
That doesn't mean it's a good idea to carry out. And neither is this.

Which is why people against that shit need to get off their ass and vote, and vote seriously.

I'm sure many will be killed by either ISIS sympathizers or Mexican drug gangs eventually. Yes.

Thats a little far fetched, but clearly the post referencing Auschwitz USA was too. Best not to continue that train of discussion.

Which is why people against that shit need to get off their ass and vote, and vote seriously.

Get off your ass and revolt. Its been one week, its only going to get worse.

It's been one week, and he has drawn lines based on religion, and has threatened to send the national guard into Chicago while his aides tell the media to keep fheir mouths shut.

One week.

If you don't see a fascist state developing your eyes are closed.

Joqu

People are going to judge Americans as a whole if you continue to let this happen, make no mistake. I know this isn't the fault of everyone of you, but outside of the US minorities who will be the most affected by this history will not look kindly upon the rest of y'all if you don't get organising NOW. And as far as I can tell most Americans are staying complacent as hell.

Fucking hell.

Morat

Banned
Go fuck yourself, you don't know me or my family's situation

If you don't want to be labelled an apologist, don't make posts excusing fascist actions. Your original post essentially implies its all fine until the camps go up, and everything short of that is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom