• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Trump admin knew Flynn was under investigation before inauguration

Question about the line of succession. Lets say Trump and Pence go down before the mid terms, that means Paul Ryan is president until 2020 right? even if the Democrats take back the house and Pelosi becomes the new speaker?

So in theory, it would be better if Trump/Pence go down after the mid terms right?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Question about the line of succession. Lets say Trump and Pence go down before the mid terms, that means Paul Ryan is president until 2020 right? even if the Democrats take back the house and Pelosi becomes the new speaker?

So in theory, it would be better if Trump/Pence go down after the mid terms right?

Well, that depends on if Ryan's getting implicated in all this as well.

giga

🤔

XxkE9yR.png

NXeALYk.png

jakomocha

Someone needs to coin a catchy name for today asap because it looks like this is gonna be a day that goes down in American history.

I'm starting to imagine more and more that Trump's vetting process looks like a scene from Night in the Woods.

"Hey Pence, wanna do crimes?"

"Heck yeah!"

If Trump/Pence go down after the 116th Congress begins and the Dems have the majority and they vote for Pelosi to be the Speaker, then yes, I believe so.

A friend commented that the deluge of stories this week is akin to the Cylons attacking the Battlestar Galactica every 33 minutes. We don't have enough time to rest before the next attack hits.

giphy.gif

last month

The White House said that Mr. Trump did not know that Mr. Flynn was acting as a foreign agent when Mr. Trump appointed him national security adviser, a position that gave him access to classified meetings and materials. But a person briefed on the matter, who insisted on anonymity to describe private conversations, said Mr. Flynn’s lawyer contacted a lawyer for Mr. Trump’s transition team before the inauguration to ask whether Mr. Flynn should register given his work for Inovo.

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/michael-flynn-turkey.amp.html

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon

Getting the sense that Ryan might be implicated too.

Magwik

Banned
Lol, I really want to see what happens if we have to go far, far down the line of succession.

Considering the implication of scale across the GOP party and however deep Russia did have in things, I'd still hold out hope for an emergency special election.

If someone told me a year ago that I'd be more excited for the news everyday than any other show, I'd call you a liar.

This is amazing.

Kevtones

1) Flynn tells Admin he's being investigated

No action

2) Obama tells Admin Flynn is bad news

No action

3) Media finds out

Admin complains about leakers, tasteful lets Flynn resign, defends him at every turn.

Important to note how Comey was fired.

Considering the implication of scale across the GOP party and however deep Russia did have in things, I'd still hold out hope for an emergency special election.

There isn't anything in the Constitution about a redo election. The Supreme Court would have to get involved and they won't be happy about it. It would be a true Constitutional crisis. But that's why we have the line of succession.

Top Bottom