• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Trump admin knew Flynn was under investigation before inauguration

Right now, I think that Mike Pence walks away from this. Yes he was head of the transitional team. One of his subordinates will fall on their sword and take one for the team. That subordinate will resign and find a comfortable lobbying position.

The caveat here is that Flynn flips, and decides he's going to take Pence with him. I doubt it, but at this point, God only knows.

JordanN

Banned
So what happens of they both go down? (Trump/Pence)

He's back!

w4ylnSS.jpg

So, if they end up nailing the campaign for Russian collusion (which I doubt will happen), Pence goes down with the ship, right?

But if they just end up nailing Trump with obstruction of justice (likely outcome IMO), it's still President Pence.

Right now, I think that Mike Pence walks away from this. Yes he was head of the transitional team. One of his subordinates will fall on their sword and take one for the team. That subordinate will resign and find a comfortable lobbying position.

The caveat here is that Flynn flips, and decides he's going to take Pence with him. I doubt it, but at this point, God only knows.

More than willing to bet Flynn already flipped

So, if they end up nailing the campaign for Russian collusion (which I doubt will happen), Pence goes down with the ship, right?

But if they just end up nailing Trump with obstruction of justice (likely outcome IMO), it's still President Pence.

Both are related ultimately this will be about Russia and money and who loves money even dirty money? The Grand Old Party.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I feel pretty safe that Trump and Pence would go down in a package. The better question, are Paul Ryan and Mitch Mcconnell involved.

ZaCH3000

Trump signed an executive order banning those in public service positions to accept lobbying positions for 5 years?

Is Trump playing 12D chess?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I always found fishy that Pence didn't know anything, considering he was head of the transition team, even if he did ask Flynn directly about a Russian connection, but this is on another level.

Imagine if the House ends up with a Democratic majority and both Trump and Pence are impeached and removed from the WH, that would be a sight to behold.

mnannola

So is this McGahan guy fucked? Does he have any responsibility here outside of just informing someone in the Trump campaign of the risks?

I always found fishy that Pence didn't know anything, considering he was head of the transition team, even if he did ask Flynn directly about a Russian connection, but this is on another level.

Imagine if the House ends up with a Democratic majority and both Trump and Pence are impeached and removed from the WH, that would be a sight to behold.

You'd think if this was in the cards the GOP would want to hurry up and get it over with before the Dems have a chance to take back the house, no?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The way I keep hearing Flynn's name but no one caping for him makes me think he is either going to be doing time or snitching.

Trump is so fucked that investigators don't even care if Flynn snitches or not.

ascii42

any scenario where a democrat becomes president before the next presidential election is definitely fanfic :p

It's certainly possible if Trump and Pence are removed from office after the midterms and the democrats have taken back the house, meaning a democrat is speaker of the house.

so1337

Pence was in on it. I fucking knew it.

I remember Morning Coffee Joe losing his shit because "THEY LIED TO THE VICE PRESIDENT!!" back when they fired Flynn. What a fucking joke.

Pence was in on it. I fucking knew it.

I remember Morning Coffee Joe losing his shit because "THEY LIED TO THE VICE PRESIDENT!!" back when they fired Flynn. What a fucking joke.

That was a valid point based on confirmed info at the time. In any other administration that would be a huge scandal that vice president loses credibility.

Steel

Banned
That was a valid point based on confirmed info at the time. In any other administration that would be a huge scandal that vice president loses credibility.

Considering that Trump lost his credibility eons ago, that's just another day in the Trump White House, really. Not to mention that Trump's staff lies to him all the time by the leaks.

Top Bottom