• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama's Immigration Speech (BEST NEWS EVER!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why?

Is the going rate ($10,000) out of your range?

Going Rate now is $25,000 to $35,000... Yes even the Illegal Market has been hit hard by recession

Hell Nation of Islam has a racket in full swing for this, they send the girls on "Pilgrimage" and they bring over their "Husbands" for a handsome lump sum

Also $10,000 is just a starter fee...

You have to house your significant other for the 2 years to show eligibility of marriage
(Random check-ups, questions abut every part of your daily life)

Some one of these girls go the extra mile to ruin these men just looking for papers
They stay together, do the "I fell in love with you" routine, get preggers, viola, 18 years of fixed income coming your way!

Trust me, there are tons of people around me that are fucked for life, that the option you recommend is the worst "Trap" you'll ever get caught in

If it's so easy and cheap, most would be doing it, I wouldn't have my life chained to the depths of darkness, hoping for a ray of light to guide me out

Guys I don't think Obama is tackling enough policy issues in his second term.
Haha, yeah, already a ton on the administrations plate.

Anyway, it is funny how Republicans (I don't like generalizing, but at this point, that party is a freaking joke) went from anger and blaming the "urban vote" -Paul Ryan as to why Kitten Mittens lost the election so badly, to now wanting to talk about immigration reform at least. So you are telling me now after Obama came to the table last term and tried to talk about it, got completely stone-walled by Republicans, they now want to talk? I would not be as courteous as the President now.

I guess that saying, "Republicans are the party of no" does hold some truth.

Why?

Is the going rate ($10,000) out of your range?
I think this has to change, we need harsher punishments for people clearly evading the law and those who are Accessories to the crimes being committed or collaborators. On the other hand, we need to make it clearer and have a concise set of steps for people to get citizenship, work programs, ect. I don't know about having foreigners getting heavily-subsidized education at major Universities when actual citizens living here for their entire life have to foot the entire bill. People are creating "Maternity Hotels" in California and still getting away with it even though there was a crack down on it a year or so ago. Lots of aspects need to be reviewed.

G-Unit

I think this has to change, we need harsher punishments for people clearly evading the law and those who are Accessories to the crimes being committed or collaborators. On the other hand, we need to make it clearer and have a concise set of steps for people to get citizenship, work programs, ect. I don't know about having foreigners getting heavily-subsidized education at major Universities when actual citizens living here for their entire life have to foot the entire bill. People are creating "Maternity Hotels" in California and still getting away with it even though there was a crack down on it a year or so ago. Lots of aspects need to be reviewed.

Tell me where should I apply for this benefit, because I want a major at Stanford and the only way posible seems to pay $40k-$80k out of my pocket :s

Subitai

As a reluctant, but grateful legal immigrant, I really hope this all works out for you OP. American bureaucracy in this area has been broken way too long.

However, I don't think Democrats really want to solve this issue since it being unresolved is such a great political club to hit Republicans with. This includes Obama. I'll be making a thread in more detail, but lets just hope Obama actual policy moves on the issue go in a new direction.

Madness

As a non-American, I have to wonder how well this will be accepted by the American populace. Forget politics, how many Americans are truly in favor of a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants?

I'm Canadian, we have great immigration systems in place for work, education etc. We accept tons of asylum seekers. We're very multicultural. But one thing for sure is, if someone came to Canada illegally, there is nothing that can save you from deportation. Even US soldiers who deserted aren't granted any amnesty or reprieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom