• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Can't wait to see more of Steen and Lethal feuding over who hates the company and thinks the product is shit more.

EXACTLY! I mean, what the fuck is this storyline even about any more, and how does it make ROH look good in any way?

And they're trying a tease a big storyline for the iPPV that will apparently appeal to the hardcore ROH fans, by having Steen hold up the title and not appear, so Elgin would face a mystery opponent for the belt? Yeah, that sounds great.

First ROH iPPV I'm skipping since they started back in 2009.

I have the Wrestlemania Anthology collection that I'm thinking of selling. It's got 1-21 in it. What should i sell this for? It goes for 250 on amazon, but I don't see a lot of buyers for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have the Wrestlemania Anthology collection that I'm thinking of selling. It's got 1-21 in it. What should i sell this for? It goes for 250 on amazon, but I don't see a lot of buyers for it.

Are they blurred-logo for the Attitude era?

Some new CHIKARA matches signed -

November 10th, Chicago, IL - Zelda the Great;

Campeonatos de Parejas 2/3 Falls Title Match
ibzGdkKRIR7WpA.jpg

Technical wrestling rematch
irPJWN6GAur5h.jpg

November 11th, Cleveland, OH - A Piece of the Action;

Atomicos tag action
i8T1DZjP0BdkZ.jpg

Also, the season 11 finale 'Under the Hood' will take place on December 2nd in Philly, at the Trocadero - could this be the next iPPV? I sure as hell hope so.

On an unrelated note, anyone watch NXT? Hearing Regal mark out for Audrey Marie using a Winnick throw (a move used by Steve Wright, father of Alex Wright) was awesome. Main event was good too, and I liked Punk's interaction with Rollins.

Kaladin

Lol, ROH have released the footage of Jay Lethal freaking out backstage and 'injuring' Jim Cornette;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5DKmZRn-Lo

Can't wait to see more of Steen and Lethal feuding over who hates the company and thinks the product is shit more.

EXACTLY! I mean, what the fuck is this storyline even about any more, and how does it make ROH look good in any way?

And they're trying a tease a big storyline for the iPPV that will apparently appeal to the hardcore ROH fans, by having Steen hold up the title and not appear, so Elgin would face a mystery opponent for the belt? Yeah, that sounds great.

First ROH iPPV I'm skipping since they started back in 2009.

I lolled at Cornette taking that bump....I've seen refs take worse bumps, and better bumps.....hell, Sinclair's bump looked worse....hell, Vincent Kennedy McMahon slide over an announce table this week on Raw better than that.....and he's injured from that?

If you're going to run an injury angle with a hated authority figure that eventually will write him off television, do something worse than a basic ref bump. LOL.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ah they are. I wonder if they'll rerelease them.

Damn, if they weren't, I'd be after them.

$250 is pretty steep though. I'd say you can probably pick the whole thing up for under $100 at a used DVD/game store, so I'd price accordingly. :( Sorry man.

Kaladin

Jim Cornette discussing Ring of Honor's iPPV issues on The Law:

This is the truth; I’m not gonna lie to the people, and this is probably the first time this whole story has been told in public from somebody on the inside of it, instead of just reading about things or hearing second-hand information. In Ft. Lauderdale, the problem was GoFightLive. The first night, they hadn’t done their due diligence; they didn’t sync up the audio with the video, there was a lot of complains. I watched the head guy actually going behind the table trying to find out what was going on and he stepped on a power strip and knocked us off the air for 30 seconds, just with his own clumsiness. The next day, of course, mother nature decided to chime in by some way or another, even though it was bright sunny skies in Ft. Lauderdale, one of the power transformers got hit down the block, and everything from Starbucks to my hotel a mile and a half away lost power for a little while. The building blinked, and then the emergency generators came on, but then as a result, all the computers and systems had to reboot and we got knocked off the air again. Then we decided to take things in-house, and we contracted with a fine company in Toronto, which matter of fact is going to be doing this coming even as well, and the production from a production standpoint was seamless. But since it was the first time it had been taken in-house on ROHwrestling.com, and tests had been made and our IT people had assured us that everything was fine, they didn’t do the specific test as a layman understands it, and all of those people logging in and trying to buy and doing something...BOOM. It was a great production that went down and people didn’t see it.

So then we made up for that by going to New York at Best In The World and having probably the best produced Internet pay-per-view that any wrestling company has done to date; it delivered perfectly on ROHwrestling.com, the stream looked good, it had great production value, we were working out kinks with the graphics. And we did the same thing at Boiling Point in Providence, and we were set to do three in a row in Chicago. And I know you’re gonna think this is a rib, but it’s that border again, the same company that did the Border Wars production, we contracted with to come down to Chicago to do that. On Friday afternoon at about 1:00, we got word that they had been turned back at the Canadian border because they had their equipment paperwork, but they didn’t have their proper personal paperwork. There was nothing that we could do and nothing that they could do to rectify that situation in time to get them back across the border. So with 24 hours notice our technical producer Dan Bynum, who is tremendous and resourceful, actually got on the phone and within 24 hours in Chicago, starting with nothing, not a video camera, nothing, got the equipment put together to do the show in Chicago, because Joe Koff elsewise would have had to maybe call to cancel the pay-per-view. And we didn’t want to disappoint the fans after all that had happened thus far. So with a 24 hour turnaround, we got everything put back together and got it there, and guess what? Some of the kinks weren’t worked out. It’s amazing that we were able to get that much equipment there in that building to begin with in 24 hours notice, and some people had a problem with getting the stream. We didn’t know that, because it was working for some of the people as well, including us in the back.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Stupid Hornswaggle ruins everything.

Nice gift by the Game.

Poor Justin Gabriel...

and dat Racism against Alberto!
I was surprised that HHH and Stone Cold showed up, actually.

Kane hasnt teleported in over a year. He lost that ability when Edge locked Paul Bearer in the refrigerator.
First of all, it was Kane who locked Bearer in the refrigerator, and secondly, Kane doesn't teleport as much anymore because he now travels with Bryan.

Jim Cornette discussing Ring of Honor's iPPV issues on The Law:

It sounds like a lot of the problems were indeed out of their hands, but it doesn't excuse the fact that while the problems were occurring, while the paying fans were looking for answers, ROH's social media outlets were less than helpful. Comparatively, WWNLive have live chat support running throughout the show and any problems are addressed there and then.

I will give them one bit of credit though - when the in-house ROH iPPVs worked, they did look great. Good quality, high definition streams that looked better than the competition. However, after Monday's NJPW iPPV, I no longer think ROH can claim to have "the best produced Internet pay-per-view that any wrestling company has done to date".

Kaladin

It sounds like a lot of the problems were indeed out of their hands, but it doesn't excuse the fact that while the problems were occurring, while the paying fans were looking for answers, ROH's social media outlets were less than helpful. Comparatively, WWNLive have live chat support running throughout the show and any problems are addressed there and then.

I will give them one bit of credit though - when the in-house ROH iPPVs worked, they did look great. Good quality, high definition streams that looked better than the competition. However, after Monday's NJPW iPPV, I no longer think ROH can claim to have "the best produced Internet pay-per-view that any wrestling company has done to date".

They can't even say that vs WWE and TNA's iPPV streams.

Damn, if they weren't, I'd be after them.

$250 is pretty steep though. I'd say you can probably pick the whole thing up for under $100 at a used DVD/game store, so I'd price accordingly. :( Sorry man.

No problem. I was thinking about selling for $150. This thing is hard to come by in Canada.

Like that Sandman, but with more hellfire.

Does Bryan say things like, "Where to now, sir?", and does Kane reply, "Your mother's house, talking travel machine."

Actually, yes. Poor old Kane getting senile in his winter years :(

It's a good thing there's a nice guy like Bryan letting Kane share his screen time and merchandise dollars. Maybe it will even teach Kane the virtues of helping others in need and warm his cold libertarian heart.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Actually, yes. Poor old Kane getting senile in his winter years :(

It's a good thing there's a nice guy like Bryan letting Kane share his screen time and merchandise dollars. Maybe it will even teach Kane the virtues of helping others in need and warm his cold libertarian heart.
Kane and his wife have like 30 animals in their home that were previously abandoned. They don't care about humans.

BTW, I bet Kane pays for all the meals when he's hanging out with Bryan, Ziggler, and Christian.

Is Glory By Honour XI likely to be any good?

Don't watch ring of honour, but I ordered a few dvds from their site and got a free ppv stream voucher. I'm in the UK so don't want to stay up if it's goingto be whiffy.

Kane and his wife have like 30 animals in their home that were previously abandoned. They don't care about humans.

BTW, I bet Kane pays for all the meals when he's hanging out with Bryan, Ziggler, and Christian.

Back in the day (as in a whole month ago) when Bryan was still Vegan i'm sure Kane went above and beyond to ensure he got Bryan some satisfactory Vegan grub, even if he had to pay extra.
Bryan was so moved by Triple G's actions that he gave up the Vegan lifestyle just to help save on Kane's wallet as a show of good faith.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Back in the day (as in a whole month ago) when Bryan was still Vegan i'm sure Kane went above and beyond to ensure he got Bryan some satisfactory Vegan grub, even if he had to pay extra.
Bryan was so moved by Triple G's actions that he gave up the Vegan lifestyle just to help save on Kane's wallet as a show of good faith.
Bryan recently did state in an interview that Kane did agree with him that there needs to be more freeze dried foods, which I've interpreted as him saying, "Kane has really enlightened me and changed my life, and I hope to one day be as intelligent, good looking, and successful as Good Guy Glenn. He's also much better looking than me, and Brie Bella has repeatedly told me that she would leave me in a second for him, and I honestly can't blame her."

Kaladin

Is Glory By Honour XI likely to be any good?

Don't watch ring of honour, but I ordered a few dvds from their site and got a free ppv stream voucher. I'm in the UK so don't want to stay up if it's goingto be whiffy.

It looks good on paper, but the main reason anyone would buy it is to see Steen vs Elgin, and they're currently running an angle where Steen is saying he won't show up for the show and Ring of Honor is saying they will run Elgin vs an unannounced opponent for the title if Steen no shows.

The rest of the card looks good though,

ROH World Tag Team Championship
Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino defend against The Briscoes

ROH World TV Championship
Adam Cole defends against "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards

Grudge Match
"No Fear" Mike Mondo vs "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

Round III
Jay Lethal vs "The American Wolf" Davey Richards

Special Challenge
Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini vs Tadarius Thomas

Caged Hostility Rematch
Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs The Bravado Brothers

Grudge Tag Team Match
Rhett Titus & BJ Whitmer vs Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin

I also really doubt they will have any iPPV issues this time.....at least I hope for their sake they don't.

"Kane Refuses to Sexually Please Women; Likely Doesn't Know How"

I don't know what you're talking about, Kane has numerous
adopted
* kids.

I'm sure when GGG takes a leak he uses the toilet and not the proverbial gutter that is a Bella twin and their sordid sexual shenanigans.

* well stepdaughters I think, Soul probably knows the score.

bangai-o

Banned
i dont know what is theinsinuation that the Bellas enjoy pee lifestyle. Daniel Bryan gives beautiful flowers and sings poems. not peepee.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't know what you're talking about, Kane has numerous
adopted
* kids.

I'm sure when GGG takes a leak he uses the toilet and not the proverbial gutter that is a Bella twin and their sordid sexual shenanigans.

* well stepdaughters I think, Soul probably knows the score.
It's always something that's caused confusion. I believe they are indeed his adopted daughters, as well as stepdaughters. They call him their dad, and he calls them his daughters. It's never been confirmed, however, that they are stepchildren, so I've always just respected their general wishes and called them his daughters. There has never been any doubt that he is a grandfather, though.

i dont know what is theinsinuation that the Bellas enjoy pee lifestyle. Daniel Bryan gives beautiful flowers and sings poems. not peepee.
Apparently, it's Bryan who can't sexual please them, then.

It looks good on paper, but the main reason anyone would buy it is to see Steen vs Elgin, and they're currently running an angle where Steen is saying he won't show up for the show and Ring of Honor is saying they will run Elgin vs an unannounced opponent for the title if Steen no shows.

The rest of the card looks good though,

ROH World Tag Team Championship
Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino defend against The Briscoes

ROH World TV Championship
Adam Cole defends against "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards

Grudge Match
"No Fear" Mike Mondo vs "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

Round III
Jay Lethal vs "The American Wolf" Davey Richards

Special Challenge
Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini vs Tadarius Thomas

Caged Hostility Rematch
Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs The Bravado Brothers

Grudge Tag Team Match
Rhett Titus & BJ Whitmer vs Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin

I also really doubt they will have any iPPV issues this time.....at least I hope for their sake they don't.

Cool, cheers for the info.

What is this? A newspaper headline?

Who's the source on this? Your mother?

...It was you Soul. I learned it from watching you.

It's always something that's caused confusion. I believe they are indeed his adopted daughters, as well as stepdaughters. They call him their dad, and he calls them his daughters. It's never been confirmed, however, that they are stepchildren, so I've always just respected their general wishes and called them his daughters. There has never been any doubt that he is a grandfather, though.

So just how long has Kane been in his asexual sham of a marriage?

Apparently, it's Bryan who can't sexual please them, then.

I'd severely doubt that Mr. Small Package has ever left a woman unsatisfied.

You see then why Bryan can't keep this up for much longer, now it's poems but soon it will be dirty limericks, scandalous!

It's always something that I've been confused about. I believe they are indeed his adopted daughters, as well as stepdaughters. They call him their dad, and he calls them his daughters. It's never been confirmed, however, that they are stepchildren, so I've always just respected their general wishes and called them his daughters. There has never been any doubt that he is a grandfather, though.
It doesn't matter how related they are by blood, they're all Kane's family, i'm tearing up.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
...It was you Soul. I learned it from watching you.

So just how long has Kane been in his asexual sham of a marriage?

I'd severely doubt that Mr. Small Package has ever left a woman unsatisfied.
Firstly, how does watching me say anything about Kane's sex life? I've NEVER made any insinuations about Kane's sex life.

Secondly, do you really want me to start posting pictures of Kane and his wife to prove their love? It's certainly lasted longer and seems stronger than most wrestling marriages.

And thirdly, I thought he was only known as Mr. Small Package in some town in Washington.

Top Bottom