• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

maxxpower

Thirdly, KK is coloring her hair dark. And she said she might even go darker!
ibrZcAJZJom0o6.jpg

Isn't Kelly Kelly naturally a brunette? She definitely looks pretty without a cake on her face and the darker hair.

When you became a Ryback mark.

I'm a Ryback mark and I'm 27. I also think The Rock > Stone Cold, and WCW was never any good to anyone. ECW was even worse. I have no opinion on indy wrestling due to not watching a lot of it, but the one show I did watch was very very good (can't remember the name of it, but it had BxB Hulk and some 8-man tag match with way too many masked dudes).

You may all proceed to wish for my swift death.

I'm a Ryback mark and I'm 27. I also think The Rock > Stone Cold, and WCW was never any good to anyone. ECW was even worse. I have no opinion on indy wrestling due to not watching a lot of it, but the one show I did watch was very very good (can't remember the name of it, but it had BxB Hulk and some 8-man tag match with way too many masked dudes).

I was told that you've never known an era of gaming without DLC.

You actually have a friend in me for most of that.
#Team Bring it

Looks like i'll be joining you in the land of swift demises.

strobogo

Banned
I still don't see an issue with reusing entrances that don't change. Why would you completely rerender an entrance when it hasn't changed at all? I don't understand why you think this is such a grievous offense. I can see being upset if a guy has completely changed his intro, but the game has an outdated one (and how often do guys totally change their entrance anyway?). In the case of Kane and Bret, their entrances didn't change at all, so why would they rerender the same entrance? This sounds like shitting on THQ just because.

You actually have a friend in me for most of that.
#Team Bring it

Looks like i'll be joining you in the land of swift demises.

Sure it was. Same with ECW.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I still don't see an issue with reusing entrances that don't change. Why would you completely rerender an entrance when it hasn't changed at all? I don't understand why you think this is such a grievous offense. I can see being upset if a guy has completely changed his intro, but the game has an outdated one (and how often do guys totally change their entrance anyway?). In the case of Kane and Bret, their entrances didn't change at all, so why would they rerender the same entrance? This sounds like shitting on THQ just because.
WTF do you mean Kane's entrance didn't change at all? Do you even watch the show?

This is his old entrance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jboM1rzMXt0&feature=related

This is his current entrance. http://youtu.be/PeNtRVg0g70?t=1m14s

This is attitude era. http://youtu.be/fRn--snZlHo?t=2m11s

You may not care, but when you're paying $60 for a game that has sacrificed gameplay for the sake of thematic elements, you want those thematic elements to at least be good and authentic.

Just looking at the modern Kane entrance again to refresh my memory....
No that's still too lazy for my liking and I hate using the term lazy on game developers, aside from the timing being off in many ways they don't even have the smoke nor his pause on the ramp. Hell he doesn't even remove the other mask at the end, his entrance has changed in a few ways and the only thing they've added is the second mask itself.
Yes it's a bit nit picky but when I think back to Smackdown HCTP where Wrestlers were often uniquely made down to having a whole bunch of moves/grapples made just for them like say Hurricane or Hollywood Rock these current games just feel horribly lacking as far as making each wrestler feel like their real life counterpart.
Everyone rolling around with side russian leg sweeps in 2011, Stone Cold had Triple H's jumping knee attack in 2010, the whole series now is one big pile of quantity over quality, it deserves the shit it gets most of the time.

WTF do you mean Kane's entrance didn't change at all? Do you even watch the show?

This is his old entrance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jboM1rzMXt0&feature=related

This is his current entrance. http://youtu.be/PeNtRVg0g70?t=1m14s

This is attitude era. http://youtu.be/fRn--snZlHo?t=2m11s

You may not care, but when you're paying $60 for a game that has sacrificed gameplay for the sake of thematic elements, you want those thematic elements to at least be good and authentic.

I'm pretty sure he is talking about current day Kane from WWE 12 to WWE 13. Is his modern day entrance the same as the attitude era in the game?

Alucard

Banned

Sounds like you watched a Dragon Gate match. Check out the Open the Historic Gate PPV from years ago for some off the hook wrestling.

Kyoufu

WCW had a lot of shitty themes. Just like TNA.

Can't watch a wrestling promotion that doesn't have a decent number of good entrance music.

Alucard

Banned
Good match, little sloppy at times but good.

Yeah, it wasn't flawless and there were a few awkward bumps, but overall still quite good and entertaining. I thought they told a decent story in the ring.

Love the TNA backstage voyeur cam. They went from Angle/AJ to Sting/Hogan...really good pace and editing so far. They got my attention.

Top Bottom