• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Why is Hardy so popular? everytime he pulls his shirt off I hear all the fat girls in the audience lose their minds.. Aries better win tonight, can't stand that joke.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A5LYwW3CUAAq8N0.jpg

One of the greatest pictures I've seen in my life.

Also haven't watched any wrestling in like a month. I'd imagine not a whole lot is going on?

So is taped Cena like his new attire or something? WWE13 is already outdated and we'll get DLC Tape Cena with pink shirt somewhere down the line.

hertog

Ryback ripped Goldberg in the latest WWE Magazine.

"I just think people are misinformed," said Ryback in an interview addressing comparisons between their wrestling personas. "People see a big guy with a shaved head who's intense, and they draw those comparisons. I will say this: Goldberg did this for the money. He was never a fan of wrestling. I do this because I have a passion for it, and that's the biggest difference between Goldberg and me. I'm not here to make five million dollars and then walk away. I'm here for life. And, I firmly believe that I'm much better than he was in the ring. He was great, and I was a fan of his when I was younger. But, I feel I'm a better athlete and wrestler than Goldberg ever was, and people are going to see that over time."

Lol, Ryback is more the second coming of Snitsky than Goldberg.
But hey, even a lower midcarder like Sheamus gets pushed to the moon these days.

Sigh... wrestling is in very bad shape right now.

Also haven't watched any wrestling in like a month. I'd imagine not a whole lot is going on?

New Japan just had one of the best PPVs from any promotion this year, and the main event of Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Minoru Suzuki is a real classic, and the latest match given 5 stars by Meltzer and the Wrestling Observer;

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - (NJPW 10/08/12)

WWE? Kane & Bryan are pretty awesome, and WWE is properly focussing on tag team wrestling again, which is cool.

Alucard

Banned
Steen beat Elgin, then Kevin Kelly handed Steen a package that had been left for him in the back, and that package contained Generico's mask.

Should be a crazy match, as Generico hasn't been seen in ROH since Steen package piledrivered him through a table a few months back.

You can feel the heat when Steen and Generico get into the ring. Those guys seem like they just outright despise each other. It makes for some really quality matches that you can invest in emotionally.

When was the last time we saw El Generico? How many months ago? I haven't been keeping up with ROH for about half a year or more now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
New Japan just had one of the best PPVs from any promotion this year, and the main event of Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Minoru Suzuki is a real classic, and the latest match given 5 stars by Meltzer and the Wrestling Observer;

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - (NJPW 10/08/12)

WWE? Kane & Bryan are pretty awesome, and WWE is properly focussing on tag team wrestling again, which is cool.

Ah neat, yeah I've pretty much only watched WWE for like the last 10 years, might start watching some other stuff - I'll check that out later tonight.

And tag teams are back? Well as long as Teddy isn't around then thats cool.

When was the last time we saw El Generico? How many months ago? I haven't been keeping up with ROH for about half a year or more now.

I think it was the Showdown in the Sun shows over Mania weekend - Steen beat Generico in a last-man-standing match, then put him through a table with the package piledriver, which was what led to ROH banning the move.

jmdajr

VADER TIME!

According to F4WOnline.com, WWE Hall of Famer and pro wrestling legend Vader came to blows at a convention in Monroe, New Jersey yesterday. The report notes that although details are sketchy, Race punched Vader in the face after the former WCW Champ became belligerent about something, and Vader then attempted to fight back against the 69 year old.
Harley Race now uses a motorized scooter to ambulate, and when Vader attempted to strike him he accidentally hurt a worker who was attempting to break up the fight. Race and Vader apparently left the room shortly after to discuss the issue.

Alucard

Banned
If you guys want to see some of Daniel Bryan's ROH work, here's a match of his from 2006 against...LANCE STORM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJp4V2Ei3Mc

Both guys showed tremendous cardio in this 25-minute spots and submissions brawl. Oh, and it also has Bryan working as a heel, which is pretty much the best version of Bryan.

Wish he still came in to "The Final Countdown" in WWE. :(

somedevil

Basically Steen has two programs going right now. One with EL Generico and a future program with Jay Lethal.

I can't really agree to that when everything Aries said was true.

They were trying there own version of the pipebomb CM Punk did last year. Bascially they used two CM Punk angles in this feud. The pipebomb and that Aries gets no respect when he is champion like Punk gets no respect for being champion.

I wonder what this means for El Generico in Dragon Gate USA.....he's probably done after the November shows.

As long as he's not signed to an ROH contract, I'm sure Gabe would still use him - but you have to think that the only logical conclusion is Generico beating Steen for the title at Final Battle, and if that's going to be the case then I would guess Generico has, or will be, resigning with ROH. Shame for EVOLVE/DGUSA, but at least we got 3 freaking awesome Generico vs Samuray Del Sol matches.

VerTiGo

Banned
Why is Hardy so popular? everytime he pulls his shirt off I hear all the fat girls in the audience lose their minds.. Aries better win tonight, can't stand that joke.

That's the Florida Impact Zone fans though. I expect plenty of Hardy sucks chants tonight however.

TNA is heel territory. All their belts aside from the Knockouts titles stay on heels. It's just how it is and for someone like me who is a mark for good heel talent it tends to go the way I expect it.

Hardy is not deserving of his contract being renewed. I don't think he is that big of a draw and can hardly work well these days. Aries is your workhorse and one of the best I've seen throughout all my years of being a fan on the business in general. It would be a mistake not to make him your guy.

The titles in both companies have been disrespected over the years with guys like Hardy and Miz carrying the title at any point in time and it took the reigns of Punk, Roode, and Aries to help legitimize them again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They were trying there own version of the pipebomb CM Punk did last year. Bascially they used two CM Punk angles in this feud. The pipebomb and that Aries gets no respect when he is champion like Punk gets no respect for being champion.

That's possibly the oldest gimmick in wrestling. Saying that Punk was the inspiration from it is a huge jump.

somedevil

That's possibly the oldest gimmick in wrestling. Saying that Punk was the inspiration from it is a huge jump.

I know its not original but you can't look at what TNA is doing with Aries and Hardy and not see they are copying whats going on with Punk right now.

John Pollock called them out on it and saying how its copying whats Punk is doing. You can't look at what Aries did this thursday and not think they were ripping off the pipebomb scene Punk did.

VerTiGo

Banned
Basically Steen has two programs going right now. One with EL Generico and a future program with Jay Lethal.

Yeah, I know that man but Aries really has been treated as such so it would not be shocking that you know, it's real... lol. He just resigned, he might be seeing as how they're fucking him over and why not drop the pipe bomb before the biggest PPV the company has? And Aries does get respect from the locker room, if anything it's just Prichard he dislikes and Hardy as well.

Whether its written in or not, you could easily perceive that a talent like him, with the attitude he has, do such to push their own careers further. And if it is written, I am expecting the Aries/Roode alliance with shades of DX behind it. I've noticed markings of that happening for a time now. And TNA has often done what I've predicted... but I also want Hardy squashed and out... so who knows.

Then again, I think most shoots are written up... Like as if the Montreal Screw Job is the biggest swerve in wrestling history. Conspiracy theories are fun. And also that, while I think Punk is the only thing really keeping me tuned into Raw (because even the Kane/Bryan stuff screams variety TV to me), that Aries is a far better performer then Punk. To think that the future of both companies are in the hands of such talent is a bit inspiring.

Alucard

Banned
Aries really is the total package. He's a total heat magnet. I saw him live, and his wearing pink underoos is such a perfect heel move in a business that's about being stereotypically "manly." He has the mic skills, the technical ability, the look, and the personality. TNA is extremely lucky to have him, and they'd be wise to hitch their wagon to him and just let him run free. Make him your guy. Allow him to say what he wants, centre your shows around him, and make him look consistently strong in the majority of his segments.

VerTiGo

Banned
Aries really is the total package. He's a total heat magnet. I saw him live, and his wearing pink underoos is such a perfect heel move in a business that's about being stereotypically "manly." He has the mic skills, the technical ability, the look, and the personality. TNA is extremely lucky to have him, and they'd be wise to hitch their wagon to him and just let him run free. Make him your guy. Allow him to say what he wants, centre your shows around him, and make him look consistently strong in the majority of his segments.

His only loss in months was to Bully Ray in Impact a few weeks ago. He's been undefeated since his X Division win. I saw him live in Brooklyn during the summer against Roode but the NY crowd was mostly behind Roode that night anyway.

If he wins against Hardy tonight then I say that they are indeed doing what you just mentioned. Otherwise I'm willing to boycott the product for a few weeks. I hate Hardy... so much.

Alucard

Banned
His only loss in months was to Bully Ray in Impact a few weeks ago. He's been undefeated since his X Division win. I saw him live in Brooklyn during the summer against Roode but the NY crowd was mostly behind Roode that night anyway.

If he wins against Hardy tonight then I say that they are indeed doing what you just mentioned. Otherwise I'm willing to boycott the product for a few weeks. I hate Hardy... so much.

While he may be nearly undefeated in his time as champ, TNA has only done a moderately decent job of reminding people that Aries is champ and that he's not to be trifled with. I hope that they scripted that shoot for him on Impact and they've been keeping him in the background on purpose, just so he can play up the current respect angle. Of course, I don't place that much faith in TNA's long-term booking and vision for its product, so I'm guessing Aries' "shoot" may have been partly legitimate. Now that it's out there, TNA needs to just RUN WITH IT and allow Aries to just spew hate. To get new theme music. And to piss off the fans by consistently beating the company's top baby faces in built-up feuds.

Wish I was a booker! Aries is too good to waste, but as we all know, the business side of wrestling is mostly run by people who are either out of touch with the product, or who have no long-term vision. Same goes for WWE.

tm24

Why am i hearing talk that
John Morrison
is debuting tonight at BfG? Is there some sort of storyline that i wasnt paying attention too?

BlazinAm

Why am i hearing talk that
John Morrison
is debuting tonight at BfG? Is there some sort of storyline that i wasnt paying attention too?

I would assume that they would want to get the ball rolling with Chris Masters or something. But seeing Morrison on tv again would be great, I would assume that they would also take Melina as well in some package deal, right?

Diablos54

So tonight I will join WrassleGAF for my first TNA PPV. What should I be expecting? Bear in mind I haven't watched TNA for years, since like, Joe vs. Angle.

Aiii

So not worth it
So tonight I will join WrassleGAF for my first TNA PPV. What should I be expecting? Bear in mind I haven't watched TNA for years, since like, Joe vs. Angle.

This is their biggest PPV of the year, good matches, should have a decent crowd as they're not in the Impact Zone. Some silly storylines, and a decent main event.

Real attraction should be Bobby Roode vs. James Storm, which should've been the title match and main event of this show, but they fucked that up when they sorta jumped the gun on giving Aries the title.

BlazinAm

Well right now Aries is guy with the hot hand and a winning streak too boot as well so it will be interesting to see where they go.

BlazinAm

This is their biggest PPV of the year, good matches, should have a decent crowd as they're not in the Impact Zone. Some silly storylines, and a decent main event.

Real attraction should be Bobby Roode vs. James Storm, which should've been the title match and main event of this show, but they fucked that up when they sorta jumped the gun on giving Aries the title.

I would compare Roode vs Storm to Austin-Triple H in 99-01 where Triple H won title and retained it against Austin but a year later the feud was bigger than the title and didn't need it as there were so many story hooks to keep the feud fresh until it ended at No Way Out.

Pushing Austin Aries is company's way of building another attraction for their business, the big question is where does that go from here. What they do with Aries from here on is extremely important to where Aries stands in the company over the long haul.

Diablos54

I've heard good things about AA and his reign, so that's good. Beer Money were a great tag team, and I've heard they've handled them both well since they split up so that's good.

And they're not at the Impact Zone? Thank god for that.

Top Bottom