• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Aiii

So not worth it
I would compare Roode vs Storm to Austin-Triple H in 99-01 where Triple H won title and retained it against Austin but a year later the feud was bigger than the title and didn't need it as there were so many story hooks to keep the feud fresh until it ended at No Way Out.

Pushing Austin Aries is company's way of building another attraction for their business, the big question is where does that go from here. What they do with Aries from here on is extremely important to where Aries stands in the company over the long haul.

It's fine to push Aries, the guy is amazing, but they've been building to Roode vs Storm for the title for over a year and they threw that out. That was very stupid. Aries could've waited a few months longer. They jumped the gun on him and killed their money storyline they spend a whole lot of time building up.

BlazinAm

I've heard good things about AA and his reign, so that's good. Beer Money were a great tag team, and I've heard they've handled them both well since they split up so that's good.

And they're not at the Impact Zone? Thank god for that.

TNA will probably position Bully Ray-Sting/Aces&8 stuff was the big storyline coming out of Bound for Glory partiality because Hogan will be involved in some way. It seems like that will be the big deal going into next months ppv which is unfortunate. People in the impact don't even give a shit about the program!

TNA will probably position Bully Ray-Sting/Aces&8 stuff was the big storyline coming out of Bound for Glory partiality because Hogan will be involved in some way. It seems like that will be the big deal going into next months ppv which is unfortunate. People in the impact don't even give a shit about the program!
The Aces & 8s storyline has been slowing down the show. They need to reveal who it is tonight, and hopefully it isn't garbage.

BlazinAm

It's fine to push Aries, the guy is amazing, but they've been building to Roode vs Storm for the title for over a year and they threw that out. That was very stupid. Aries could've waited a few months longer. They jumped the gun on him and killed their money storyline they spend a whole lot of time building up.

They did wrestle earlier this year so.... at Lockdown (had to look that one up.)

That feud was bigger than the title at one point but the problem is that TNA's way of adding a flame to the powder keg was to bring in King Mo which instead put a giant wet blanket on the whole feud. If TNA plays their cards right, the correct formula could bring this feud back to prominence.

hertog

I've been sick since friday and have done nothing but sleeping. I'm really awake right now and probely will until 4:00 or something (Western European time)

So there's a chance I might be ordering BFG :)
I'm pretty hyped for the show, and TNA is giving us a product that's so much better than the WWE.

If you'd take Bryan, Kane and Punk out of the WWE right now, I wouldn't have any reason to watch it. Hell I haven't watched RAW for three weeks and Smackdown since wrestlemania.

I'd wish TNA would really take off someday, but there destined to stay small :(

bangai-o

Banned
A5LYwW3CUAAq8N0.jpg
jeez. whats RBH workout routine?

somedevil

The problem is that Aries getting the title was fine because he was on fire but the Aces and Eight storyline killed all his momentum. Now he is in cold feud with Hardy while Impact trying to make him into CM Aries.

Impact killed all of Storms momentum. He literally failed twice in trying to get the title and now is in a feud with Roode that was supposed to be hot but its just there to showcase King Mo.

Ryback ripped Goldberg in the latest WWE Magazine.

"I just think people are misinformed," said Ryback in an interview addressing comparisons between their wrestling personas. "People see a big guy with a shaved head who's intense, and they draw those comparisons. I will say this: Goldberg did this for the money. He was never a fan of wrestling. I do this because I have a passion for it, and that's the biggest difference between Goldberg and me. I'm not here to make five million dollars and then walk away. I'm here for life. And, I firmly believe that I'm much better than he was in the ring. He was great, and I was a fan of his when I was younger. But, I feel I'm a better athlete and wrestler than Goldberg ever was, and people are going to see that over time."

Well he's not wrong about Goldberg, but I can't say for sure that he's a better wrestler.

VerTiGo

Banned
I thought John Morrison was going to debut as Tara's Hollywood Boyfriend. That was just something I randomnly thought of however after it failed to be Joey Ryan. I didn't think such rumors would actually spring up though. All will be answered tonight though.

Ryback is not a better wrestler than Goldberg. Despite what my feeling were towards him at the time as a nWo fan, I rewatch Nitro once in awhile on YouTube and man he really had intensity like no other at the time or since reaally. He wasn't that skilled but what he did he did well.

I watch Ryback and I'm not buying it at all. He wrestles like a Hogan, just granstandin and hotdoggin all around the ring.

VerTiGo

Banned
While he may be nearly undefeated in his time as champ, TNA has only done a moderately decent job of reminding people that Aries is champ and that he's not to be trifled with. I hope that they scripted that shoot for him on Impact and they've been keeping him in the background on purpose, just so he can play up the current respect angle. Of course, I don't place that much faith in TNA's long-term booking and vision for its product, so I'm guessing Aries' "shoot" may have been partly legitimate. Now that it's out there, TNA needs to just RUN WITH IT and allow Aries to just spew hate. To get new theme music. And to piss off the fans by consistently beating the company's top baby faces in built-up feuds.

Wish I was a booker! Aries is too good to waste, but as we all know, the business side of wrestling is mostly run by people who are either out of touch with the product, or who have no long-term vision. Same goes for WWE.

I think it actually may be scripted. He bitched about wanting new theme music and Hardy said he will debuting new theme music for himself tonight. Lol.

I really do feel as if TNA creative spends time on boards like these because there purpose is to swerve us and not the casual wrestling audience. How else can you explain an entire company dominated by heels?

VerTiGo

Banned
PREDICTION TIME!

iw05NpQYYwCdZ.jpg

Hardy debuts new theme music. Aries pissed. Aries destroys Hardy via Brainbustaa.

i0NbL0VNPjwj0.jpg

Bully not part of Aces and 8s. Lex Luger runs into to seemingly save Sting and Bully but turns on Sting being jealous of his Hall of Fame carreer and reveals that he is part of Aces and 8s.

i50g027ABIbub.jpg

Roode wins as King Mo sides with Roode. He's here to make money and there is no better way to do that than allying yourself with the longest reigning champion in the company's history.

iJFZpYjwR8vfW.jpg

Kaz and Daniels retain titles and continue to reign as the greatest World Tag-team Champions of the World. They are two planets worth of great and there's nothing Thunderlips and Heath can do about it.

iPNHcygZ5uKED.jpg

Joe retains, post match Magnus attacks Joe with chair. Feud goes on through the year.

iwVCM9WJRjsag.jpg

While I would like to see Zema win this one. There is no X Division and you have to put RVD somewhere for the time being. RVD new X Division champ.

i7FriubYgRPTq.jpg

Tara comes out with John Morrison. Wins title.

ipkfgX5xlpFLo.jpg

Al Snow and Ryan settle there differences as Joey Ryan and the 87% earn themselves a permanent spot on the impact roster. I expect a handshake to end this one.

Aiii

So not worth it
I thought John Morrison was going to debut as Tara's Hollywood Boyfriend. That was just something I randomnly thought of however after it failed to be Joey Ryan. I didn't think such rumors would actually spring up though. All will be answered tonight though.

It has to be someone that's known. Can't be some random actor like Claire Lynch.

If it's not Ryan, it should be JoMo.

But why debut him via a knockout? Oh right, TNA storytelling lol.

Also, Asian AJ is amazing:
A5K1zeICQAEuVgT.jpg:large

Seems Mike Mondo (Spirit Squad Mikey) broke his tibia in his match with Mike Bennett on ROH's iPPV last night and will need surgery - I'm guessing he broke it on that dumb dive from the entrance scaffolding.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I have it on good word (SiriusXM) that
Tiki Barber
was seen backstage.

Striker

Vince told him to say that to lure Goldberg back. He told Cena to talk smack about the Rock too.

I'm probably the only one who gives no fucks about Ryback here :(
Wouldn't put it past Vince.

Goldberg ain't coming back to fight a nobody like Ryback.

Kaladin

Hogan has said that Bound For Glory will shape the storylines of TNA for at least the next six months (till Lockdown). Expect the war between TNA & Aces & Eights to heat up for Lethal Lockdown.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hogan has said that Bound For Glory will shape the storylines of TNA for at least the next six months (till Lockdown). Expect the war between TNA & Aces & Eights to heat up for Lethal Lockdown.
I feel like I've heard this a thousand times about TNA.

I like how Hogan went around this week promoting Bound for Glory but nobody gave a fuck all they wanted to talk to him about was the sex tape

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So wrong. The raised ramp is awesome. I loved it when they brought it back for Impact for a while there. It was a shame WCW ever got rid of it. I wish WWE would use a ludicrously long one for WM some year.

The fans can't touch Rey from that height

Top Bottom