• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Kaladin

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Ithil

Please don't go Jeff, here, have the title, we don't need this Aries guy on top anyway, we can rely on young up and comers like you

LOLTNA

strobogo

Banned
It's going to be the Ultimate Warrior. He'll bring up how Sting hurt him when he left their tag team in the early 80s!

Just bring in a bunch of dudes with face paint. Warrior, Fake Sting, Powers of Pain, Demolition, Muta, half of Yoshi, Animal, KISS Demon, Vampiro, Papa Shango, Mexico's Most Wanted, Hakushi, The Boogyman. It'd be the best stable ever assembled.

Alucard

Banned
LMFAO....no fucking way Aries should have lost the Title.

Seriously. This company is just fucking stupid. They just gave Aries the belt and were going to run with him, and then they took the belt away just as his character was getting over.

Anyway, Aries just made Hardy look good. Hardy did his thing too, but Aries carried that one.

cm_punk_as_jeff_hardy_display.gif

eldoon

Jeff got a new theme song and a new intro
and he redeemed himself after the drug fuck around over a year
Hes the peoples champ

Toki767

Expected that result, but I hope TNA doesn't expect ratings to increase now that Hardy is champion. They're basically just going to end up spending more money to keep guys who make no difference at all to the growth of the company.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Makes sense to me to end the "big" TNA show with a face winning-

And the last match should have been the match with Storm/Roode instead. :p

Diablos54

How long did Aries have the belt for?

Why the fuck was it Hardy who won? He's gonna get done for some type of drug soon enough... Why not Joe? Or AJ? ANYONE BUT HARDY!!

VerTiGo

Banned
Jeff got a new theme song and a new intro
and he redeemed himself after the drug fuck around over a year
Hes the peoples champ

You can't be serious right? Arizona crowd was betrayed too. No one likes Hardy outside the Impact Zone.

Aries just carried his ass the entire match. What nonsense.

Kaladin

Amazing match for TNA, but yeah, the wrong person won. At least Aries comes out of his title reign looking like a main eventer and not one or two and done like a lot of us thought he would. Now TNA can go forward with Aries, Hardy, Roode and Storm as their top level guys which is more than you can say for some companies.

Alucard

Banned
Unbelievable.................

Good match, but the wrong person won. Jeff Hardy's a bum and this win does nothing for the company.

Were you the one who said that Hardy's contract is coming up for renewal? If you were, looks like you were right.

No way should Hardy have won that. It does nothing for the company, puts the belt on a guy who doesn't have any genuine charisma, and leaves Austin Aries, a guy who you should have at the head of the pack of your company, going back to chasing. Even if he gets a re-match, there's no way TNA would give Aries back the title so soon.

Stupid booking IMO. Backroom politics and business won out, I guess.

VerTiGo

Banned
Amazing match for TNA, but yeah, the wrong person won. At least Aries comes out of his title reign looking like a main eventer and not one or two and done like a lot of us thought he would. Now TNA can go forward with Aries, Hardy, Roode and Storm as their top level guys which is more than you can say for some companies.

Dude, Jeff Hardy just won the title. That's like the worst possible thing that can happen. If it's not on Roode or Aries it's just nonsense.

Hardy does nothing for the company. He needs to go away... forever.

Toki767

I'm not sure that Aries came out of his title reign looking like a main eventer at all. He had 2 title defenses in his whole reign. He won one and lost this one. All while playing second fiddle to Aces & Eights just for D-Von to be revealed as the leader. He literally was a one (or two) and done champion.

eldoon

You can't be serious right? Arizona crowd was betrayed too. No one likes Hardy outside the Impact Zone.

Aries just carried his ass the entire match. What nonsense.

I was joking , i only ever liked hardy when he the immortal character and had the custom belt as a heel .
Hardy was not all there tonight and has not gone back to a years ago abilities before stinger took the belt from him so i really dont know why they put the belt on him this early.

Also storm/roode should of been at the end

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Were you the one who said that Hardy's contract is coming up for renewal? If you were, looks like you were right.

No way should Hardy have won that. It does nothing for the company, puts the belt on a guy who doesn't have any genuine charisma, and leaves Austin Aries, a guy who you should have at the head of the pack of your company, going back to chasing. Even if he gets a re-match, there's no way TNA would give Aries back the title so soon.

Stupid booking IMO. Backroom politics and business won out, I guess.

Jeff can't go to WWE because of the lawsuit either

somedevil

You say that but they gave titles to Hardy, RVD, and Chavo. Aries is great but his title reign became cold because Aces and Eights overshadowed him. He last feud before Hardy was with the "armbreaker."

Now he just lost the title so the company hopes they can keep Hardy when his contract runs out.

Surge

So to recap on shit I didn't like...

King Mo being a special enforcer in the Roode/Storm match since he didn't do anything at all.

The awkward ending/reveal of the leader for Aces & 8's

And of all people to lose the Title to...they have Aries drop it to Jeff fucking Hardy

Dixie needs to fire Pritchard, Hogan, and Bischoff and let Lagana book without the BS. Tonight had politics written all over it. Anything Hogan touches turns to shit.

Alucard

Banned

Wouldn't you toss AJ and Kurt Angle into that list as well?...Provided that they don't stay together as a tag team for too long.

AJ Styles can hang with the top guys, too. He's still young.

So...

-Good opening match with RVD gaining relevance again, and Zema Ion hopefully still staying in the picture.
-Samoa Joe retaining to keep most people happy, and Magnus still came off looking good.
-Al Snow and Joey Ryan putting on a decent match until an absolutely stupid run-in.
-Morgan and Roode with an absolutely brutal street fight that will be talked about for months...and no one will mention King Mo.
-A superb tag team match that made bigger stars out of Daniels, Kazarian, and AJ Styles, while the most forgettable team of the three ended up winning the belts.
-Tara wins and kills the mood by bringing out some C-list celeb as her boyfriend.
-Aces and Eights provide for a totally forgettable match that was only note-worthy for the reveal of D-Von...and Hogan Hogan'd while millions shook their heads around the world.
-Awesome main event with a guy winning who has no personality, while a guy who can run point gets left behind, but hopefully not for long.

Overall, an 8/10 PPV for me. Nice job, TNA, despite two bad booking decisions (tag champs and Aries should have retained), and one bland match that furthered a bland storyline. (Aces and Eights)

Kaladin

Think about it for a minute. With Hardy winning the belt tonight they have A) Jeff Hardy back as a main event player, B) Austin Aries made into a main event player with only a 3 month title reign, C) Bobby Roode back in the title picture with Aries loss and D) because of Roode being back in the title picture, Storm is in the title picture with his victory. I still don't like it, but Hardy winning might have been the right choice going forward.

Top Bottom