• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Enfinit

So I'm guessing the TNA PPV sucked? I missed it tonight, however is it worth watching? Couldn't give a shit about spoilers.

KissVibes

Banned
So I'm guessing the TNA PPV sucked? I missed it tonight, however is it worth watching? Couldn't give a shit about spoilers.

It was worth it dude. JESSIE FROM BIG BROTHER was there. JESSIE!

By the way we should have known it was Jessie since he signed a TNA contact over a year ago. Way to drop the ball, wrestling news sites.

Toki767

It was your typical TNA PPV. Good matches with questionable booking decisions.

On the bright side, at least they most likely aren't doing a title change on Impact like they did last year. They seemed to have learned to not screw over paying customers by giving away the real result on free TV.

Ah man, poor Bobby;

"Bobby Eaton known for being one half of the Midnight Express has been hospitalized due to heart failure. He is also suffering from pneumonia, diabetes, and gout on top of that. The report we had is that he had a bad week but is improving and is hoping to be released in a few days."

I declare this 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Monday;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9randklNFk

GBONZZZZ

tumblr_mbsxwpcTcR1rvjjfeo1_250.gif

This is amazing

VerTiGo

Banned
Lol, just checked out Mike Tenay's Twitter Profile. He talks so much shit.

https://twitter.com/TNAMikeTenay

"That's how you do a PPV #TNABFG have fun later in the month @wwe fans watching @CMPunk vs @JohnCena for the 25th time."

"When's @wwe gonna support prostate cancer month?"

"@JRsBBQ your flabby ass can't go 3 hours without a snack?"

wtf

EDIT: PARODY ACCOUNT. I'VE BEEN SWERVED.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ah man, poor Bobby;

"Bobby Eaton known for being one half of the Midnight Express has been hospitalized due to heart failure. He is also suffering from pneumonia, diabetes, and gout on top of that. The report we had is that he had a bad week but is improving and is hoping to be released in a few days."

I declare this 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Monday;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9randklNFk

No! Jesus, what a horrible laundry list of bad shit, too.

Hope for the best. Hated him as a kid, eventually appreciated him as a grown ass man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Time to forget about NFL Football for a bit and focus on the wacky world of WWE.
Much better for my personal health.

I had pretty much a whole weekend away from any form of wrasslin'. I feel challenged to come back and get re-absorbed into my favorite grapplin' but it's always worth it.

That being said, those of you who like amazing stories, I implore you to check out UFC 153 - there were 3 fights on that card that will have you all standing, they were so incredible. Worth watching.

BlazinAm

My guess is that RVD winning the X division title and Jeff winning the championship is a way of TNA saying they are invested in these men who have their contracts up soon.

As for Bully Ray/D-Von with the Aces&8, yep that is certainly something.

Forkball

Lou Albano died of old age. I guess Savage as well, but his heart condition may have been exacerbated because of wrestling/whatever drugs he used to do.

jmdajr

Thinking about how worked about I got about yesterday's NFL game. I'd like to think no one here gets that worked about wrestling. It's not good for you man.
Wrestling is for LOLs and taking it easy.

So Jeff Hardy triple H'd Aries?

That sucks. If TNA had any kind of sense they wouldn't put is dirt bag ass anywhere near a title again.

The guy is a convicted drug hound with 2 strikes on the WWE wellness already so it wasnt like he could jump ship unless he wants to go to the indies and jump off ladders for pennies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff Hardy has come a long way with his sobriety. :(

VerTiGo

Banned
So Jeff Hardy triple H'd Aries?

That sucks. If TNA had any kind of sense they wouldn't put is dirt bag ass anywhere near a title again.

The guy is a convicted drug hound with 2 strikes on the WWE wellness already so it wasnt like he could jump ship unless he wants to go to the indies.

Jeff Hardy shouldn't be anywhere near a wrestling ring.

As I said earlier in the weekened. Aries really did shoot. He bitched about getting "set up to fail" and asking for new entrance music for the past two months. Hardy debuts new theme music at BFG and Aries has to carry the match to end his title reign. Hardy wins title to a chorus of boos. Epic disappointment.

VerTiGo

Banned
I loved the steady stream of boos every time Harvey went on the offense.

Heavy is still suspended due to the unsafe working conditions he created when he shot on Seraphis.

They tried to play it off like it was a toss up crowd. Definitely not. Arizona rallied behind Aries. Thankfully, that shouldve made Hardy's victory bittersweet. He doesn't deserve any title and he can thank politics and the toddlers and emo punks that buy his garbage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Opinion time: What's the finest Flair promo you've ever seen? A friend of mine thinks Flair stinks on the mic, but I want to prove him wrong with a salvo of amazing promo work.

BlazinAm

They tried to play it off like it was a toss up crowd. Definitely not. Arizona rallied behind Aries. Thankfully, that shouldve made Hardy's victory bittersweet. He doesn't deserve any title and he can thank politics and the toddlers and emo punks that buy his garbage.

My problem with all of this is not the fact that Jeff hardy won the title but is the fact that they had two story threads going into Bound For Glory surrounding the championship and that they chose the weaker story thread.

The first one was Austin Aries with his winning streak and him justifying his title win, coming into Sunday Aries had only defended the title against Roode, iirc.

The second one was around the redemption of Jeff Hardy who came back earlier this year, the problem with it is that they started this already when Bobby Roode beat him earlier this year.

The problem with the second story-line thread is that it never came together all due to the fact that there wasn't any sense of Jeff had lost it because he was still in prime event matches built to make him look good. Then to have other wrestlers who are more deserving in the series to lay down for this dude? Really?

TNA should have realized that Jeff winning the Bound for Glory series wouldn't mean much due the way they ended it, it looked bad overall.

Now the problem is where does Aries stand in all of this because what's done is done but if there is a rematch it only extends the title reign of Jeff Hardy and hurts Aries that much more. Does anybody want to see RVD vs Aries done the road for the X division title? (lets be fair there is nobody in the division who could beat RVD, they are all low-end carders.)

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I haven't had cable in a little over a year, so I don't get to watch TNA, but Hardy won? Does he have a massive fanbase still? I mean you don't have to be a smark to know about Victory Road, that alone you'd think would cement him never having a title shot again. Has he been like super impressive since coming back or something? I would have imagined he would generally be disliked after VR, I mean if you weren't aware of his issues prior to that, you certainly would be now.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love how TNA just gives titles to whoever has sort of a big name and a contract running out.

Then again, this is the same company that put a title on Brooke Tessmacher because they made her drop the name Brooke, reportedly.

Ydahs

I don't know, there seems to be a lot of irrational hatred going around, but it's probably just GAF being GAF. I can understand questioning Hardy's shady past, but his wrestling ability? You can keep telling yourselves otherwise, but he definitely held his own in that match.

Aries has been a champion for 95% of the time he's been in TNA and he's done a great job since day one. Sure it took a while, but despite what some want to think, he's now one of the top guys in the company right now. Sure he lost the title, but that means nothing in the overall scheme of things. This storyline has a lot going for it and I won't be surprised if it drags on for another few of months with Aries eventually regaining the title as a monster heel along the way.

I reckon this is a better outcome than having Aries come out on top. Now we get to see heel Aries fighting for the belt, which he'll definitely thrive at being the 'underdog'. I've enjoyed this feud so far and last Thursday's impact should have made it obvious that TNA has a lot planned for Aries.

The PPV itself was great, minus Joey Ryan. RVD looked interested for once, Joe and Magnus put on a good match and Roode vs Storm stole the show. The A&8 match did nothing for me, but having Devon as a member was one hell of a surprise. Also, the second half of the triple tag match was glorious.

I haven't had cable in a little over a year, so I don't get to watch TNA, but Hardy won? Does he have a massive fanbase still? I mean you don't have to be a smark to know about Victory Road, that alone you'd think would cement him never having a title shot again. Has he been like super impressive since coming back or something? I would have imagined he would generally be disliked after VR, I mean if you weren't aware of his issues prior to that, you certainly would be now.

TNA was reluctant early on when he made his returned. He wasn't really going anywhere for a few months, probably because no one thought he'd keep it together, but he's been constantly performing at a high level since his return. Looks much healthier and fitter too, so good on him I reckon.

Carnby

Opinion time: What's the finest Flair promo you've ever seen? A friend of mine thinks Flair stinks on the mic, but I want to prove him wrong with a salvo of amazing promo work.

I like one when he cried from being emotionally overwhelmed. Classic.

Top Bottom