• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Welp. I couldn't go to a concert since its way too late, so I'm thinking of going to Chikara/ROH Cibernetico. Gonna be my 2nd wrestling show (first was the RAW House Show last december). Worth going?

Super late on this, but if you've got nothing else going on today you should definitely go for it.

if you listen to the mlw podcast, konnan talked about an incident where a person in mistico's entourage pulled a gun on del rio back when they were still in mexico. he also said he knows when a wrestler is pulling a mask off on purpose or accidental.

Pulling a gun on someone for posturing is shitty, but it's a good thing the guy with the gun had a steady trigger finger.

So what happens when you call someone out for going for your mask?

strobogo

Banned
My favorite part of the Wrestling Observer covering the Montreal Screw Job. For some reason the visual of the last part makes me lol.

I get the visual of Vince in the hospital with Dr. Austin pounding on his broken ankle and then hitting him with the bed pan. The agony filled growl.

I'm definitely late on this, and it's WWE 13' related, but thought I'd post this here as well too since I know a lot of you are going to begrudgingly pick it up as well:

My friend is getting it for sure, so at least I will only feel kind of bad when I play it!...

Anyway, I was happy to hear they're bringing in Mankind, BUT, I'm kind of disappointed it's the inferior "Ode to Freud" Mankind instead of the fucking best Mankind
They do have Ode to Freud Mankind. You unlock him in the DX story I believe.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Mankind's win music better be in the game damn it.

Fuck corporate Mankind. He was assssssssssssssss

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So it seems Davey Richards is trying to extort Future Shock Wrestling.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, There was an issue with Davey Richards and Future Shock Wrestling in England a couple weeks ago.

Richards had wrestled for the promotion a few months back, facing Jack Gallagher and had accidentally knocked him out. Richards was not supposed to win the match, but because Gallagher was knocked out, he pinned him to save the match, thus becoming their champion.

The Future Shock Wrestling promoters understood Richards' decision on the assumption he would come back to drop the title and Richards agreed to do so.

Dave Pownall, the owner of Future Shock, has claimed Richards pulled out two days before the planned rematch, that would have taken place on October 5th, saying he wasn't going to get on the plane for "anything less than twice the agreed fee."

Pownall couldn't afford it, so they asked Richards if he could send in a video promo to say he was sorry for not attending the event. Richards did, but it was sent 20 minutes after their show started, leaving Future Shock no time to look at its quality until they played it after the main event.

The sound & video quality turned out to be pretty bad, and it also wasn't what Future Shock wanted Richards to say. Richards had instead ripped on the company in the promo.

Richards then sent an e-mail to Damien Smith of the promotion that same night with the following:

"I've told you and Dave now, that I am not coming over because we could not agree on the price. Like I said before, since I am champion, my price has to go up so my old fee needs to be at least doubled before I come over.

Kaladin

So it seems Davey Richards is trying to extort Future Shock Wrestling.

Wow...that's an even bigger dick move than walking out on that promoter with his money.

"Hey, I fucked up on the job, but I want a paycheck twice as big as the one I got the first time to make it right."

Some really cool Smart Mark Video/CHIKARA/Wrestling Is Fun news.

Do you like watching professional wrestling? How does watching it for FREE sound?

Smart Mark Video is excited to announce that we’re almost ready to begin airing live internet pay-per-views on our SMV on Demand site! First though we’d like to run some vigorous testing to ensure that we work out any kinks that may arise before we ask you to dish out your hard earned money! So this coming Friday and Saturday we’re asking that you head on over to www.SMVod.com and check out the FREE offerings we’ve got going on, including a LIVE FREE-PER-VIEW of the Wrestling is Fun! event in Allentown, PA!

On Friday, October 26 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time we’ll be serving up 30 minutes of never before seen CHIKARA action from the Road 2 Ruin Fest this past June! We’ll be showing:

1) Mr. Touchdown vs. Dragonfly

2) Chuck Taylor vs. Saturyne

3) Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant vs. Ophidian & Los Ice Creams

You’ll not only get those three matches for free but you’ll be helping us work out any last minute kinks we might have before going LIVE thenext night for the FREE-PER-VIEW! It all goes down this Friday, October 26 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time on www.SMVod.com!

Then on Saturday, October 27 at 7PM Eastern Standard Time we’ll be going LIVE from the Wrestling is Fun! event in Allentown, PA! Can’t make it to Allentown? No problem! Enjoy the entire event from the comfort of your home for FREE! Announced so far:

1) Fire Ant & Green Ant vs. Obariyon & Kodama

2) UltraMantis Black vs. STIGMA

3) Saturyne vs. An opponent to be named

4) Jaka vs. Gran Akuma

5) Dasher Hatfield vs. assailANT

6) Grizzly Redwood vs. Oleg the Usurper

7) Mike Quackenbush vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti

Seven big matches, all LIVE and for FREE! All you’ve got to do is point your browser to www.SMVod.com at 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time this Saturday, October 27 and enjoy the FREE-PER-VIEW! Free wrestling and you’ll be helping out your pals at Smart Mark Video? Sounds like a win/win to us!

If you experience any issues during either night please let us know! Tweet us at @smartmarkvideo or email us at smartmark5@gmail.com! That’s all we ask of you for these two evenings of free pro wrestling! We want to get this whole internet pay-per-view thing right and we can’t do it without your help and patience!

For more information on Wrestling is Fun! check out their website at www.wrestlingisfun.org!

For more information on Smart Mark Video and SMV on Demand check out our websites at www.SmartMarkVideo.com and www.SMVod.com!

strobogo

Banned
Ayo, I let you state your opinion on puro and managed to hold myself back, but you're going too far now.

Nakamura's gimmick is an eccentric coke head with magnificent swag. Get it right.

Hey man, I'm not knocking him. Eccentric coke head is as pro wrestling as it gets. Add in the swag and ridiculous hair that you can only get away with in Japan and I'm a fan of Nakamura.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish Nakamura came to WWE back in the day. Would've been cool.

If you're a fan of a Japanese wrestler, you should never want them to come to WWE. Tajiri is probably the best 'pushed' Japanese wrestler and he was practically a joke compared to his ECW days.

If you're a fan of a Japanese wrestler, you should never want them to come to WWE. Tajiri is probably the best 'pushed' Japanese wrestler and he was practically a joke compared to his ECW days.
Wasn't it a deal with NJPW though? I'm sure there would've been some incentive to give him a decent push.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wasn't it a deal with NJPW though? I'm sure there would've been some incentive to give him a decent push.

they had a 'deal' with TNA before, and it lead to them doing ... nothing with Okada. Japanese wrestlers don't get a push in the states. Europeans barely do. Mexican wrestlers get more than Japanese but less than European.

Kaladin

HUGE IMPACT NEWS: The Manchester and Wembley events in January will now BOTH be double TV tapings! Details coming!

I hope this is just a special thing and they're going to continue to be live from Orlando.

jmdajr

Real reason Texans won today.

texansPluPLu21of51_zpsf17d5533.jpg

texansPluPLu26of51_zpsfa370e1c.jpg

texansPluPLu24of51_zpsbaac150b.jpg

texansPluPLu22of51_zps830719be.jpg

Now can you dig that... SUCKAAAAAAAAA!

Kaladin

That would be cool because it would be a really hot crowd but since UK is five hours ahead the pay per view would have to start at 3pm in England.

I don't see it being a problem, but not sure if TNA would do that.

Doesn't the NFL start football games at like 8am over there when they play in England?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Doesn't the NFL start football games at like 8am over there when they play in England?

You've got us the wrong way round. When NFL is over here they kick off at like 5-6pm UK time, which is noon/1pm Eastern.

If TNA held a PPV here they could start at 8pm UK time, which would only be 3pm Eastern and 12 noon Pacfic. Not too bad.

Not like they're getting a ton of buys as it is.

somedevil

Yeah I messed it up bad. Its almost impossible to do a live pay per view from England because of the time difference. 8pm in the US is 1am over there. It would have to be taped to do it.

Ithil

Some house show notes, which can be a good indicator of what they're testing the waters in

Jack Swagger was back on the road for Raw, losing to Brodus Clay. Swagger was wearing a new singlet that looked like Spiderman.

Michael McGillicutty defeated David Otunga, working face. Mike won via his swinging neckbreaker. Crowd was dead for this match.

Damien Sandow defeated JTG. JTG got himself somewhat over, twice as much as McGillicutty, even though they both tried very hard.

AJ came out and announced Paul Heyman was banned from ringside for the main event. Ryback beat WWE Champion CM Punk via disqualification; Punk retained the WWE title. Punk smashed Ryback with the belt and got DQ'd. As Punk walked to the back, Daniel Bryan ran out and threw Punk back in the ring and Ryback hit his finisher.

And the notes from a Smackdown house show in Cairo, which has two interesting tidbits

Dolph Ziggler defeated Cody Rhodes in a match that saw Ziggler play the face and Cody play the heel.

Seth Rollins defeated Jinder Mahal to retain his NXT Championship.

Miz cut a promo in Arabic telling the crowd to shut up because he is The Miz and he is awesome.

Kofi Kingston and R-Truth defeated The Prime Time Players.

Spider Swagger sounds interesting, it's probably not as grand as my mind is exaggerating it to be.
As in it'll just be his new attire and mean bugger all, he could use Swagger Sense though.

Top Bottom