• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

When fans start a yes chant for one of the light tube spots in the match Kevin Steen says:

"And the Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan Yes chant makes it to Dragon Gate USA as well. It has been at Ring of Honor, PWG, Dragon Gate USA and I'm sure every company in between. Congratulations Bryan, you fucking dick, this is your legacy you left us. Fans screaming yes, and yes over and over."

ibcFdHmeaG72DO.gif

tm24

OMEGA IS FUCKING BACK! TWO SKINNY BLACK GUYS OF LOW MORAL FIBER! Woooo! Lets relive great PWG moments with Kenny Omega!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmqcTIdKOYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGqZ4yqkpB8

I got the Dragon Gate USA Heat DVD in today. It was a show they did over Wrestlemania weekend which was not iPPV and also featured 2 CZW death matches at the end of the night as a bonus card. Well, on the dvd, Kevin Steen does guest commentary with Lenny Leonard for these matches. HILARIOUS.

When fans start a yes chant for one of the light tube spots in the match Kevin Steen says:

"And the Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan Yes chant makes it to Dragon Gate USA as well. It has been at Ring of Honor, PWG, Dragon Gate USA and I'm sure every company in between. Congratulations Bryan, you fucking dick, this is your legacy you left us. Fans screaming yes, and yes over and over."
haha, Steen on commentary at PWG shows has been railing against this for a while. The best thing PWG has done about this is by total dicks to anyone who starts the chant. Only Si! is acceptable to be chanted.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Agreed.

Ditch shit like Money in the Bank, TLC and HIAC.

HIAC and TLC should be reserved for special events only. Nothing in the current era will match the UT/Mankind, or UT/HBK HIAC matches, much like nothing will match the E&C/DB/HB TLC matches.

Money In the Bank should be held at Wrestlemania like it was before.

King of the Ring should be brought back, no "Winner gets a title shot" shit. It just means that the winner is probably going to get a push in the near future.

Survivor Series should actually have more Survivor Series style matches, not these pathetic one offs.

Actually I think that Brock/Taker is second only to Taker/HBK in HIAC matches.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got the Dragon Gate USA Heat DVD in today. It was a show they did over Wrestlemania weekend which was not iPPV and also featured 2 CZW death matches at the end of the night as a bonus card. Well, on the dvd, Kevin Steen does guest commentary with Lenny Leonard for these matches. HILARIOUS.

Steen is jealous because he's a charisma repellant.

tm24

A while ago someone asked if the El Generico ROH dvd was worth it and i said no. Instead, people should buy this one

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/comps/dvd00MAEG.html

Free Admission (Just Kidding) - November 13, 2004
1. El Generico vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Beyond the Thunderdome - March 18, 2006
2. El Generico & Quicksilver vs. Arrogance ("Photogenic" Chris Bosh & Scott Lost)

2006 Battle of Los Angeles - Night 3 - September 3, 2006
3. CIMA vs. El Generico

All Star Weekend 4 - Night 2 - October 18, 2006
4. El Generico vs. "The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC

Giant-Sized Annual #4 - July 29, 2007
5. El Generico & Kevin Steen vs. PAC & Roderick Strong

Giant-Sized Annual #4 - July 29, 2007
6. "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. El Generico

2007 Battle of Los Angeles - Night 3 - September 3, 2007
7. El Generico vs. Nigel McGuinness

Express Written Consent - February 21, 2009
8. El Generico vs. Kenny Omega

Threemendous II - July 31, 2009
9. 2 Skinny Black Guys (El Generico & Human Tornado) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Disc 2
Guerre Sans Frontières - September 4, 2009
1. El Generico vs. Shingo Takagi

Speed of Sound - August 28, 2009
Reseda Street Fight
2. El Generico vs. Chuck Taylor

2009 Battle of Los Angeles - November 21, 2009
3. El Generico & Kevin Steen vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Kurt Russellreunion - January 30, 2010
4. El Generico vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger

Seven - July 30, 2010
Three-Way Guerrilla Warfare Match
5. ¡Peligro Abejas! (El Generico & Paul London) vs. The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

The Curse of Guerrilla Island - October 9, 2010
6. El Generico vs. Ricochet

2011 Battle of Los Angeles - August 20, 2011
7. Claudio Castagnoli vs. El Generico

Steen Wolf - November 22, 2011
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Ladder Match
8. El Generico vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

McNei1y

What did John Cena mean when he followed along with the Yes! chants the night after WM when he said "You owe me one Daniel Bryan..."

Was he taking credit for it? Was he just saying "you owe me one" for continuing the chant? Is Cena a jerk?

What did John Cena mean when he followed along with the Yes! chants the night after WM when he said "You owe me one Daniel Bryan..."

Was he taking credit for it? Was he just saying "you owe me one" for continuing the chant? Is Cena a jerk?

Things are only allowed to get over on Cena's terms.

Dthomp

Am I the only one who has really liked the Cole/JR announce team? Even my wife who watches part time said that it's been alot more watchable with them announcing over the awful King. Without it being about making jokes and constant twitter mentions every two seconds they can help get the match over. I'll miss it when it's gone...

Am I the only one who has really liked the Cole/JR announce team? Even my wife who watches part time said that it's been alot more watchable with them announcing over the awful King. Without it being about making jokes and constant twitter mentions every two seconds they can help get the match over. I'll miss it when it's gone...

Well I can tell you that JR made the main event seem really important. He was really on his game last night. I dread when King comes back.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also

I'm pretty sure he and Ibushi are 'involved'

Yeah, I've heard rumors to that effect. Plus his Facebook says he's interested in "Men & Women". Wouldn't surprise me, honestly. And hey, I'm totally straight, but that Kota Ibushi IS a pretty good lookin' dude. Can't say I blame Kenny! :lol

It's Omega's business, but it would be a huge thing (in a good way) if he did come out.

The wrestling business needs to open up a little more, and he's in a decent position to help it along.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's Omega's business, but it would be a huge thing (in a good way) if he did come out.

The wrestling business needs to open up a little more, and he's in a decent position to help it along.

Indeed. The only guy I can think of who's come out while still being active is Orlando Jordan. Kanyon came out too (RIP ;_;) but only after he had retired.

Bowser

Oh Linda, all that money, and for what?

In the race for Sen. Joe Lieberman’s Connecticut seat, Rep. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) has pulled ahead of GOP Senate hopeful Linda McMahon by 6 points, according to a poll released Wednesday.

Murphy now leads McMahon by 49 to 43 percent among likely voters, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University. Last month, McMahon enjoyed 48 percent support, in contrast to Murphy’s 47 percent, according to another Quinnipiac poll.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82802.html#ixzz2AF382Pxb

strobogo

Banned
I think Kenny Omega looks grotesque now. He's too big for his frame. Looks weird as fuck. Second, I've always wondered what happened to Bill Demott's head to get that weird missing patch along his hair line. It isn't a bald spot. It is like a dent in his hair line.

GOP Senate candidates aren't doing very well across the board. Linda's actually holding a lot stronger than most and the fact that she isn't further behind him in the polls is a little frightening.

somedevil

The 2012 Night Of Champion garnered 189,000 worldwide pay-per-view buys. The event did 100,000 buys in North America and 89,000 internationally.
This year's card was headlined by WWE Champion CM Punk and John Cena fighting to a draw.

For the third quarter of 2012, WWE averaged 245K pay-per-buys (158K in North America, 87K international), up 13% from the same quarter last year which averaged 217K buys (140K from North America, 77K international).

Seems like Buy rates in 2012 are up compared to 2011. Money in the bank in 2012 beat the CM Punk one in 2011 and night of champions did 161,000 last year.

Seems like Buy rates in 2012 are up compared to 2011. Money in the bank in 2012 beat the CM Punk one in 2011 and night of champions did 161,000 last year.

Money in the Bank 2012 beat 2011 by ~3% which, again is an under-performance when compared to the overall improvement in buys this year (13% this quarter but likely much much higher overall given the huge bumps Extreme Rules and Mania had).

2010 and 2011 were very poor years in terms of buyrate.

trunbuns

I read somewhere that she's sank $78 million of her own money combined between the 2 campaigns (unverified though, I may be overstating it)

It amazes me that someone is prepared to spend so much trying to attain something so unlikely. Politics has got to be one of the biggest money sinks there is.

Bowser

Probably not..

You're right, I knew I had read it somewhere:

U.S. Senate hopeful Linda McMahon has spent nearly $28 million of her own money on her political aspirations during the current campaign, and about $78 million on her campaigns for this election and the election of 2010.

http://northhaven.patch.com/article...nt-78-million-so-far-on-senate-races-2b8937d2

edit:
While McMahon has largely financed her campaign with her personal fortune, Murphy’s battle to win the Senate seat has been paid for mostly with $8.7 million in campaign donations, The Day reports. Recent polls show the two locked in a statistical dead heat.

L-O-FUCKING-L. She's outspent her opponent by nearly $20 million this election cycle and the new poll still puts her 6 points down. Wow.

Enfinit

For the first time ever, I might buy something for my avatar.

Damn it.

Zack Ryder is calling your name.

EDIT: Undertaker, Mankind, Kane, and Godfather outfits look awesome. If I already wasn't perfectly content with my avatar I'd definitely get one. Although 320 MS points is a little steep for avatar crap.

EDIT 2: WWE Attitude Era Championship Belt looks sick. Buying it now.

Top Bottom