• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Steen is jealous because he's a charisma repellant.

Pretty much. Sadly, with Steen I don't think it's a heel gimmick. He's just jealous that D-Bry is more over than anyone in the companies he's working for.

haha, Steen on commentary at PWG shows has been railing against this for a while. The best thing PWG has done about this is by total dicks to anyone who starts the chant. Only Si! is acceptable to be chanted.

This sucks actually, and goes against everything I like as a wrestling fan. I hate groupthinky crowds who think about how they should and shouldn't react or what they should and shouldn't cheer, before they do.

Raw, unfiltered crowd response is the best. Fuck having to worry about your "crowd cred" or whatever before you react naturally. ACW hasn't had a "Yes!" chant since at least July, but that doesn't mean anyone would care if someone tried to start one up.

PWG is about three short steps away from being the Impact Zone.

Supposedly, local leaked advertising for Survivor Series is marketing CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Title and a traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series tag match with Ryback and Big Show as the captains.

Aiii

So not worth it
Supposedly, local leaked advertising for Survivor Series is marketing CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Title and a traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series tag match with Ryback and Big Show as the captains.

* Card subject to change.

But honestly, nobody is expecting Ryback to win the title right?

trunbuns

He can't even Shell Shock Paul E, there's no way in hell he gets Big Slow up.
If he does feud with show then he will be finished if he doesn't get show up for the shellshock. We've seen cena do it for years now. Yes,the lift is more awkward on the shellshock but the average fan doesn't care about that.

strobogo

Banned
Actually it'd probably be easier to get Show up since all he has to do is lean over and he's pretty much already up for the move. Having to get down low and pick people up is what has caused Ryback to botch. Big Show solves that problem. Vince is a genius.

You know how Ryback does that quick opening and closing of his jaw really wide? Or how about how he does those sniffs with his nose? That's Goldberg. Those were a couple of Goldberg's most common and recognizable mannerisms. This big green doofus tries to avoid the comparisons and talks shit to Goldberg in that WWE mag interview yet he's doing the same exact mannerisms. He's a joke. Ryback couldn't hold Goldberg's jockstraps and he's also not nearly as strong as he looks, as he should be at that size. Goldberg is on another level and should never be mentioned with this green ass joke. Seeing Raw's 15-year low in ratings this past week, with the third hour being the weakest, brought a smile to my face. Hopefully Vince sees the light and buries this idiot.

I remember seeing Lex Luger do the torture rack on Big Show after Big Show missed a splash in the corner. He splayed out over the turnbuckle, so Luger essentially just had to duck under him and lift him up. They will probably do this with Ryback.

Ithil

If Ryback just did the fireman's carry like Punk/Cena, I expect he'd lift an awful lot more people a lot easier. The way he lifts them sidewards, makes it way harder.

It's not like it's worth it, either, the Shellshock is kind of lame impact wise. His Meathook clothesline is more exciting/impressive looking.

Question: Why o Why is there no vigilante based characters in pro wrestling?

Stranger3.jpg

You know how Ryback does that quick opening and closing of his jaw really wide? Or how about how he does those sniffs with his nose? That's Goldberg. Those were a couple of Goldberg's most common and recognizable mannerisms. This big green doofus tries to avoid the comparisons and talks shit to Goldberg in that WWE mag interview yet he's doing the same exact mannerisms. He's a joke. Ryback couldn't hold Goldberg's jockstraps and he's also not nearly as strong as he looks, as he should be at that size. Goldberg is on another level and should never be mentioned with this green ass joke. Seeing Raw's 15-year low in ratings this past week, with the third hour being the weakest, brought a smile to my face. Hopefully Vince sees the light and buries this idiot.
I have a new found respect for you Heavy.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
On another note, how is everyone. My ban actually ended a couple days ago but didn't feel like posting. Forum bans are good for breaking the habit.

Hey Heavy. What say we bury the hatchet? We ain't gotta like each other, but you think we can coexist peacefully? And yes, I know that means me not jumping on you for your sometimes...strong worded post-Raw posts. I can handle that. Like I've said before, I just want WrassleGAF to be a nice place for all of us. And for what it's worth, I'll admit I could have been less inflammatory in our last exchange. Up to you, though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey Heavy. What say we bury the hatchet? We ain't gotta like each other, but you think we can coexist peacefully? And yes, I know that means me not jumping on you for your sometimes...strong worded post-Raw posts. I can handle that. Like I've said before, I just want WrassleGAF to be a nice place for all of us. And for what it's worth, I'll admit I could have been less inflammatory in our last exchange. Up to you, though.

We all know how this will end.

New TAG-TEAM PLAYA!

Can't wait for the comedy bits, yay!

KissVibes

Banned

Wouldn't Mark Henry be a better feud for Ryback or he still not going to be ready by SS?

KissVibes

Banned
How can anyone tell Mark Henry 'feed me more'? Mark Henry would eat Ryback.

Wasn't Henry losing a bunch of weight? Just seems like he'd be more physically able for Ryback to pick him up, since he's probably not strong enough to shell shock Big Show. Not to mention Ryback and Henry are much closer in height.

Oh and the Big Show fucking sucks and needs to retire or be fired.

Ithil

Wasn't Henry losing a bunch of weight? Just seems like he'd be more physically able for Ryback to pick him up, since he's probably not strong enough to shell shock Big Show. Not to mention Ryback and Henry are much closer in height.

Oh and the Big Show fucking sucks and needs to retire or be fired.

Henry is so much stronger than Ryback it's not even funny. I'd love to watch a weight lifting contest between them. You'd see the difference between a bodybuilder and a weightlifer laid out.

I don't want Henry back just to job to guys, though, you have Big Show for that. Even if he's in good shape again, I imagine Henry can't be that far off retirement, I'd like him to get a final main event heel push, again, like his Hall of Pain run, then in his his final year or so he can put over the likes of Ryback or whoever.

Goldberg was so much more menacing than Ryback because he just had that natural I'm gonna annihilate you then murder your mother swag. Ryback has that wayyy over the top constantly fuming thing going on and it's just so cheesy.

Goldberg was so much more menacing than Ryback because he just had that natural I'm gonna annihilate you then murder your mother swag. Ryback has that wayyy over the top constantly fuming thing going on and it's just so cheesy.

It doesn't help that you can put "Skip Sheffield" into YouTube and see Ryback running around as a redneck with a terrible catchphrase.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ryback beating Kane or Show will not establish Ryback as a big time player. Beating Lesnar or Taker will.

No way on either of those. Taker would say Ryback hasn't earned it, and Brock wouldn't put over someone who has barely been there a year when Brock already has his own ego problems.

I really want a Wade/Taker feud, but that will never happen.

No way on either of those. Taker would say Ryback hasn't earned it, and Brock wouldn't put over someone who has barely been there a year when Brock already has his own ego problems.

I really want a Wade/Taker feud, but that will never happen.

I agree with all of that.

Really, the only four people in the current state of the WWE that can establish Ryback as a top star is Cena, Orton, Punk, or Shaemus. That's it.

Dirtsheets lol.

Miz just jobbed to Kingston and was squashed by Ryback twice. Great push he's getting.
that's what it says though. He lost the tielt to kofi and move up, but before he is in the title picture he'll continue facing top talent and probably jobbing to some along the way. Such is life in WWE.

Top Bottom