• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Tell me something, was the cell supposed to break when Ryback hit shell shocked or was it a Japanese Cell?

I doubt it. They both would have fell and Ryback would have went head first.

untitled-93sct1.gif

KissVibes

Banned
I don't know if it has already been said...

but maybe the AJ/Cena business deal was for the ref to screw Ryback?

Doubt it. Cena didn't say it directly but he alluded to the fact that he could beat Ryback like a rented mule. (He asked the crowd if they thought he could beat Cena they chanted a HUGE yes and he made Cena smirk face.)

Tell me something, was the cell supposed to break when Ryback hit shell shocked or was it a Japanese Cell?

No it wasn't supposed to break. They would've both probably died.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Doubt it. Cena didn't say it directly but he alluded to the fact that he could beat Ryback like a rented mule. (He asked the crowd if they thought he could beat Cena they chanted a HUGE yes and he made Cena smirk face.)
That can be irreverent if you specifically want the pleasure of winning the belt from Punk. Feeling he could beat Ryback in a title defense would be a better mindset in his current Punk fued.

McNei1y

So I just read the Punk/Ryback match on WWE. What a lame way to blow the match for Ryback. I also loved the end of the article: "With Cena 100% healthy, Punk's title reign days may be over!"... Oh really. So Cena wasn't able to beat Punk any of the other times but he might this time!

hertog

Well finally Sheamus lost (woohoo!), Ryback appears to be a dud (woohoo!), punk still has the belt (woohoo!) and hopefully RAW will have Flair in Charlotte NC (WOOOO!)

HiaC is like an event where if something good happened it was also offset by something bad...
- Hell No retain but in shitty DQ fashion
- The reign of Super Sheamus is finally over! except Big Show of all people is the one to do it
- Punk retained but the screwy finish was lame, come on we can have more enjoyable screwjobs than that!

I did enjoy that shellshock at least, it's rare to see a move on top of the cell these days, Cena/Orton on Raw was the only other time in recent memory I think otherwise it was like a decade ago with HHH/Y2J.

Striker

Sounds like a crummy PPV, but it was expected with the builds being bad.

Bit surprised Show won. I'm guessing he now defends the title in a rematch versus Sheamus at Survivor Series, and then begins a new feud. I'm sure they'll throw Ryback in, but that'll be so boring and predictable. Somebody like Barrett would be tons better.

Aiii

So not worth it
HiaC is like an event where if something good happened it was also offset by something bad...
- Hell No retain but in shitty DQ fashion
- The reign of Super Sheamus is finally over! except Big Show of all people is the one to do it
- Punk retained but the screwy finish was lame, come on we can have more enjoyable screwjobs than that!

I did enjoy that shellshock at least, it's rare to see a move on top of the cell these days, Cena/Orton on Raw was the only other time in recent memory I think otherwise it was like a decade ago with HHH/Y2J.

Throwing Brad Maddox from the ring into the cell was a nice spot as well.

RBH

Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page has worked with several pro wrestlers on their aches and pains via his DDP Yoga system.

But Monday he begins perhaps his biggest challenge when Jake “The Snake” Roberts moves in with Page in a home Page recently bought in Atlanta. Roberts, whose wrestling career was derailed multiple times by substance abuse issues, will train with Page while cameras roll for a planned documentary. The idea is to get Roberts, 57, back in good enough shape for one more run in the wrestling business.

Page, 56, told newsday.com Sunday that he called Roberts -- whose weight had ballooned up to 302 pounds -- in Roberts’ hometown of Gainesville, Texas three months ago.

“And I told him, ‘If you can really do this -- and you have to prove it to me [by doing the program] for six or eight weeks,” Page said. “‘I’ll freakin’ get a place in Atlanta. I’ll bring you up, and we’ll continue this journey.’”

Roberts was filmed in Texas when he started the yoga program, which Page developed to deal with the injuries he suffered while in the squared circle. Page said that Roberts lost 20 pounds in the first 3 ½ weeks of training and is now down approximately 35 pounds.

“Jake does not want to be seen the way he was seen at the end,” Page said.

Roberts’ demons have been chronicled in the 1999 Barry Blaustein documentary “Beyond the Mat” -- which included Roberts interviewed in a hotel room after apparently smoking crack -- and the 2005 WWE-produced DVD “Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts: Pick Your Poison.” Roberts’ attempts to clean up includes a 1996 return to a WWE after a three-plus year hiatus in which his real-life born-again Christian convictions were incorporated into his storylines.

Along with the physical training, Page and filmmaker Steve Yu wil work on things like getting the computer-deficient Roberts up to date on using Facebook and Twitter. Page says the idea is to keep Roberts busy with positive activities so he won’t backslide into past habits.

“That house, I reached out to a couple of my friends, and asked, ‘What are we going to call my new crib?’ And we came up with ‘Accountability Crib,’ you’re accountable for everything.”

To that end, Page and Yu said that Roberts will be drug-tested while he’s in the home.

“If he does that [stuff] one time while he’s with me, he’s gone,” Page said.

But Page is encouraged by what Roberts has already accomplished, losing as much weight as he has after having being so out of shape in his first workout he couldn’t do more than a couple of exercises without needing rest.

“Bottom line is, everybody wants the comeback story,” Page said. “Everybody wants to see Jake look good, and feel good, and not be a mess anymore. That would be great. I think there are a lot of really positive things that can come out of this if Jake really does it.”
http://www.newsday.com/sports/pro-w...rain-for-one-last-pro-wrestling-run-1.4163588

Kyoufu

Listening to the part of Chris mentioning putting over guys like Bourne and Ziggler, and WWE promptly fucking it up after he leaves. Vince was all "Yeah, we're putting him over, let's do it" (Bourne) and he disappears. Ah, those 2.4's, let them continue.

Bourne screwed himself though didn't he? 2 Wellness violations.

LOL @ dat finish.

So random.

Oh well, the winner and STILL WWE CHAMPION - best in the world! CM Punk! :D

And the best bit of the night, F**K OFF SHEAMUS! Yay!

I knew Dolph wasn't cashing in tonight, I wanted him to be the one to beat Sheamus after all the jobbing he had to do, but at this point I don't care who it was as long as someone beat him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I just read the Punk/Ryback match on WWE. What a lame way to blow the match for Ryback. I also loved the end of the article: "With Cena 100% healthy, Punk's title reign days may be over!"... Oh really. So Cena wasn't able to beat Punk any of the other times but he might this time!

You can still hook me up with an avatar, I don't want them to go to waste!

That Orton and Del Rio gif sums things up pretty good lol.

Man the crowd were dead most of the night, it was really really bad. You could hear the commentators trying to scramble constant words to cover the silence but it just wasn't enough.

Ignoring "Goooooldberg", Daniel Bryan still gets the biggest response. I don't think they liked the shitty finish to that match.

Kyoufu

Daniel Bryan doesn't get the biggest response.

The "YES!" chant gets the biggest response.

Just like "Feed me more" chant also gets the biggest response.

These people don't care about either wrestlers. They just like chants.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

People love sing-a-longs. How else did the New Age Outlaws ever get over? It sure wasn't their ring work...

Also:

This applies to the 360 version only, unless someone else is working hard on doing it on PS3

Alright, so, when you all get your copy, make sure to tag your created Kane with "GAFKANE" on the Community Creations.

I will assemble all and film it. Once the Kane Rumble is over, then we can concentrate on carrying on G-Fex's legacy. I wish he were doing it though. :(

Paracelsus

Wrestlers have no gimmicks anymore, all you have left is chants.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, the crowd was horrible last night. I know the card was meh, but really, that's where the crowd can make a difference, chant some weird stuff, make fun of Randy Orton for being a drughead with fifteen welness violations or whatever.

I dunno, seems to me like you're paying big bucks to be there, at least have some fun while you're at it.

Ithil

That's absurd. Ryback's chant, maybe, but the crowds are legitimately attached to Bryan, that's not up for debate. He gets the biggest pops outside of Cena, and not just YES chants.

Yeah, the crowd was horrible last night. I know the card was meh, but really, that's where the crowd can make a difference, chant some weird stuff, make fun of Randy Orton for being a drughead with fifteen welness violations or whatever.

I dunno, seems to me like you're paying big bucks to be there, at least have some fun while you're at it.

I would have been the lone "LETS GO KAITLYN!" chant guy if I was there lol, better than nothing.

I think theres more to Daniel Bryan's popularity than just Yes! chants. I'm bias I know, but I think the crowd just legitimately like when he makes an appearance. Chanting Yes! might have started it but now they've caught on to the fact that along with the chanting he'll actually do the business in ring/on the mic/whatever too so its a chance to get behind someone and have some fun watching.

Striker

Bourne screwed himself though didn't he? 2 Wellness violations.
Jericho was giving Bourne wins in summer of 2010, and his suspensions were in late 2011. Month after month of inactivity and exchanging wins with Swagger. They did nothing, and Chris noted that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE 13 needs a PC version. I guess THQ is too worried about the mod community making them obsolete though.

Yeah, if they put one out on a reasonably solid engine, they'd never see any more sales of subsequent series.

Kyoufu

That's absurd. Ryback's chant, maybe, but the crowds are legitimately attached to Bryan, that's not up for debate. He gets the biggest pops outside of Cena, and not just YES chants.

Delusional.

Crowd was dead for Bryan's entrance. They just like chanting.

Striker

They mentioned on LAW about Rhodes-Sandow eventually winning and going against Mysterio-Sin Cara. I would love that. The tag division is still fairly average but it's helluva lot better than it was a year ago. They should have been doing better with teams like Primo-Epico, Usos, and the Hart Dynasty. Instead two of them are jobbing teams, and they split up Kidd and DH Smith for whatever reason.

Ithil

Delusional.

Crowd was dead for Bryan's entrance. They just like chanting.

Let's not judge anyone's overness by that crowd. Not even Cena got much of a reaction from them.

On RAW and other PPVs, Bryan has been consistently over, more than almost anyone else on the roster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BTW Titus looked great last night, both him and Young were fantastic. Say what you will about Cara's big ol' melon getting in the way, PTP is the future of tag team wrestling. Better than the Bloat Scholars or team Heck Nah.

Entropia

No One Remembers
BTW Titus looked great last night, both him and Young were fantastic. Say what you will about Cara's big ol' melon getting in the way, PTP is the future of tag team wrestling. Better than the Bloat Scholars or team Heck Nah.

MILLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!

Ithil

Yeah, Titus and Kaitlyn, two pretty bad wrestlers, looked a lot better last night. Combination of improvement in the ring and good opponents, I think.

Kyoufu

Disagree. Bryan is over.

Crowd was shit last night, doesn't mean Bryan isn't over.

Didn't say he wasn't over!

I'm saying the YES! chant has nothing to do with Bryan. It's a universal chant for anything the crowd feels like chanting for, like Stone Cold's "WHAT" wasn't exclusive to his segments.

edit: to clarify I wasn't serious about "crowd doesn't care about <insert wrestler> comment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Titus and Kaitlyn, two pretty bad wrestlers, looked a lot better last night. Combination of improvement in the ring and good opponents, I think.

Kaitlyn looked far better than the usual, and Titus' moves looked incredibly dominant without any major botches...except for Cara, he invites it. I remember, long ago, Kaitlyn's first televised WWE match. She's come a long way.

Top Bottom