• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/02/wwe-shawn-daivari-train-rescue-choke-hold/

Ex-WWE Star Shawn Daivari Chokes A Guy Out In Epic Train Rescue

Former WWE Star Shawn Daivari says he used a REAR NAKED CHOKE HOLD to save a train full of people last week ... after an unruly passenger allegedly threatened to kill them.

TMZ spoke to Daivari ... who says the incident went down last Thursday on an airport bound train from Minneapolis. The WWE star says an uncontrollable passenger in his car became violent ... shouted racial slurs and threatened to kill his fellow passengers.

Daivari says multiple people pressed the emergency button to call for help -- but NOTHING happened.

The pro-wrestler then took matters into his own hands telling TMZ, "I wasn't going to wait any longer to see if a cop showed up." Daivari says he threw the guy down, slapped on a rear naked choke hold on him and then threw his ass out at the next stop.

One witness, who was on the train when it all went down, tells us Daivari choked out the passenger so hard ... he peed his pants.

A rep for the Metro Transit Rail tells TMZ ... "Metro Transit police responded after being alerted by the train operator to a fight on board. The investigation is ongoing."

1001-shawn-daivari-wwe-1.jpg

Like a boss!

Aiii

So not worth it
I think JR being disrespected is more of an IWC ghost story then an actual thing. JR not being on air seems like a JR descision, he probably got tired of the travel. The jokes on his expense are probably more thongue-in-cheek then we make it out to be. WWE backstage is a real macho-man enviroment after all, but deep down it seems like most these guys would kill for one-another.

I believe Vince loves the guy, JR was his right-hand man for many many years. If he didn't like the man or respected his contributions he would not have had that position for that long.

jmdajr

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/02/wwe-shawn-daivari-train-rescue-choke-hold/

Ex-WWE Star Shawn Daivari Chokes A Guy Out In Epic Train Rescue

Former WWE Star Shawn Daivari says he used a REAR NAKED CHOKE HOLD to save a train full of people last week ... after an unruly passenger allegedly threatened to kill them.

TMZ spoke to Daivari ... who says the incident went down last Thursday on an airport bound train from Minneapolis. The WWE star says an uncontrollable passenger in his car became violent ... shouted racial slurs and threatened to kill his fellow passengers.

Daivari says multiple people pressed the emergency button to call for help -- but NOTHING happened.

The pro-wrestler then took matters into his own hands telling TMZ, "I wasn't going to wait any longer to see if a cop showed up." Daivari says he threw the guy down, slapped on a rear naked choke hold on him and then threw his ass out at the next stop.

One witness, who was on the train when it all went down, tells us Daivari choked out the passenger so hard ... he peed his pants.

A rep for the Metro Transit Rail tells TMZ ... "Metro Transit police responded after being alerted by the train operator to a fight on board. The investigation is ongoing."

Like a boss!

nice! good job!

Kyoufu

I think JR being disrespected is more of an IWC ghost story then an actual thing. JR not being on air seems like a JR descision, he probably got tired of the travel. The jokes on his expense are probably more thongue-in-cheek then we make it out to be. WWE backstage is a real macho-man enviroment after all, but deep down it seems like most these guys would kill for one-another.

I believe Vince loves the guy, JR was his right-hand man for many many years. If he didn't like the man or respected his contributions he would not have had that position for that long.

What was JR's twitter shoot last year all about then?

Aiii

So not worth it
The one where he said WWE sucks etc.

Pretty much all about Johnny Ace and his team:
Jim Ross wrote a rant on Twitter this morning following being called in for Saturday night’s RAW taping in Mexico City (Spoilers). Here’s what the man who served as WWE’s Head Of Talent Relations during some of their most successful years had to say:

“Found out about mexico city late Thursday. Not happy to miss OU game but EVP talent & Co could care less. Nice way 2 go out on wk’ly TV.”

“I’m under contract to wwe. Well paid by team I helped build. Quitting for me not an option. Those that suggest such I feel for.”

“Do I like Raw GM silliness? No. If inclined could I handle that role? Sure. Am I interested? Nope.”

“Leaving Mexico City. Mon’s Raw could well be my last but who really knows? John L & his higher ups know. Hope u tune into Raw Mon nite.”

“4 the record, play by play in WWE’s dead. Funkhauser,the GM, enforces ‘story telling’ on Raw. Holds don’t exist. WWE board needs counseling.”

“If Laurinaitis & his corporate cronies feel Cole is the ‘voice of Raw’ then they are more out of touch than I thought. Fans want wrestling.”

“Funkhauser/ Raw GM is available for speaking engagement for schools for the hearing impaired. Contact @CMPunk 4 more info. This is too easy.”

“When announcers speak of something. TOTALLY unrelated 2 what viewers are seeing on TV screen it’s disconnect. Does GM&cronies not get that?”

“The naive fan thinks some announcers can solve perceived WWE broadcast issues. News flash…THEY CAN’T. Announcers being ‘Funkhausered’.”

“Note to Laurinaitis & peer hungry cronies: over mgmt of all broadcasters akin to putting a bit in a horse’s mouth. It’s all about control.”

“Funkhauser, hello. Doing English speaking, in ring promos to Spanish speaking audience=no reaction. Duh. Oh, wait my bad, WWE’s ‘global.’

“My financial status isn’t anyones business. I know the drill for me in OKC. I’m a big boy & realistic. Raw is a tv show not my life.”

“I can assure anyone who cares or thinks they need to know the dirt. I have zero booking ahead for WWE weekly or PPVs. Believe what u choose.”
Seemed like a work then, still now actually.

Sokantish

I hope Daniel Bryan refs the main event, and does commentary. Also he should wrestle in the main event against Damien Sandow OR Dean Ambrose

tm24

I guarantee this match barely gets going. That is a PPV caliber match/feud. No way they waste it on this. This isn't TNA.
That's always how they launch these. Superstars debuted with a really good taker/matt hardy match. After they launch it with a few great caliber matches, it will be all midcard and recaps. This show will make WWE crazy money with international broadcast rights. That's really what it's for

jmdajr

I guarantee this match barely gets going. That is a PPV caliber match/feud. No way they waste it on this. This isn't TNA.

I bet it turns out decent. They need to attract viewers. But next week it will be Jinder Mahal vs. Zack Ryder... if you are lucky.

A lot of these live events have main event type dark matches. I've gone to Samckdown and seen Cena perform after the show is over.
Maybe they are now televising some of these.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's always how they launch these. Superstars debuted with a really good taker/matt hardy match. After they launch it with a few great caliber matches, it will be all midcard and recaps. This show will make WWE crazy money with international broadcast rights. That's really what it's for

Actually, I don't think it airs internationally (yet at least), just on ION and Hulu.

I actually had a lot of problems with this segment, but the promo work was so good between Punk and Ross I ended up barely caring what they were saying. Nobody showed up (besides Punk, which didn’t warrant a WHO COULD APPEAR teaser), Punk continued to regurgitate the same couple of facts he’d like us to consider (he’s the WWE Champion, he deserves respect) and JR continued that weird story of Punk needed to beat John Cena in 500 different ways in 501 different towns to prove he’s the Best In The World. The two biggest problems of course being

1. They are pretty directly saying JOHN CENA IS THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD, but if they said it out-loud they know people would boo, and

2. FOLKS LIKE STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN AND TRIPLE H AND MICK FOLEY EARNED RESPECT! Austin earned it by shoving a celebrity guest, being sacrilegious in a wrestling promo and selling t-shirts with a bunch of slogans on them about how tough he is. He didn’t have to tell you how tough he was, even though he did and had a vest with SOB on it in sparkles, because he EARNED IT! Triple H earned it by being Shawn Michaels’ friend, not bailing when the rest of the Kliq bailed and eventually marrying the daughter of the guy who owns the company so he could get his ex-girlfriend fired and spend the next 10 years being the toughest and coolest and smartest guy in the room. He didn’t TELL you he was the King Of Kings or That Damn Good, he earned it! Mick Foley became WWE Champion when Stone Cold Steve Austin ran in and beat Foley’s opponent with a chair. Then he won it again using a forklift with a camera on it. He earned it!

Think about it, Punk. All you’ve done is win the ECW Championship, the tag team championships, the Intercontinental Championship, two Money In The Bank ladder matches, three World Heavyweight Championships, last year’s Slammy Award for Superstar Of The Year and two WWE Championships, including one that changed the direction of WWE and another that you’ve held for almost an entire year. You’ve got to EARN the title of Best In The World, like John Cena did when he lost to a retired actor at WrestleMania and wore a pink shirt because “cancer”.

New best and worse is up and I agree with this

Top Bottom