• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

strobogo

Banned
Team Angle from 2004 was the worst SS team. Angle, Carlito, Luther Reigns, and Mark Jindrak. Then there was the DX team in 2000 that consisted of the NAO, Chyna, and K-Kwik. Or the team of the British Bulldog and the Mean Street Posse. The opposing team is the best random collection of Attitude Era mid carders, though. Val, Mark Henry, Gangrel, and Steve Blackman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I feel old. Fuck birthdays. Here's what was happening in the world of wrestling on mine;

WWF Tuesday Night Titans - 10/30/84

Not very exciting, but Big John Studd vs SD Jones! And Lord Alfred & Gorilla being awesome on commentary.

Anyone have a really cool match or show take place on their birthday?

Well Bootaaay, let ME say Happy Birthday! You enrich this community daily, and I wouldn't trade you for the world.

Ill have to look when I'm at a computer to see if anything cool happened on my birthday, but I will find out!

sin cara?

00000000489.gif

Well, put it this way. If I were in charge, they would've been fired long ago. :p

If you were in charge it would be a 3 hour long cooking show with Ryback, if he doesn't like the contestants food than he shell shocks them into a boiling pot.

Quit ruining Boots birthday with your renegade ways!

If you were in charge it would be a 3 hour long cooking show with Ryback, if he doesn't like the contestants food than he shell shocks them into a boiling pot.

Quit ruining Boots birthday with your renegade ways!

Don't you go spreading lies about me! I know about your politicking ways, you want me to get buried so the Age of Owl can begin.

And it's Bootaaay's birthdaaay? Have a good one man, your posts are a treasure that we hardly deserve.

Well, so much for DDP's plan for Jake Roberts.

- We noted before that WWE Legend Jake "The Snake" Roberts was moving in with Diamond Dallas Page on Monday. The plan is for DDP to use his yoga program to help get Roberts back in shape for one more run in the ring.

Roberts was booked for an independent show in La Marque, Texas on Saturday night for the Coastal Wrestling Federation where he was set to face a wrestler named Johnny Blade. According to fans in attendance, Roberts had been drinking and got upset when he felt his opponent was getting too much attention, more than Roberts himself.

Roberts reportedly confronted Blade during a mid-show promo in the ring. The story goes that Roberts ordered a confused referee to the ring, hit Blade in the head and then fell on top of him for a quick, sloppy pin. Roberts then reportedly walked straight from the ring to his car and left.

There were about 300 fans in attendance and the promoter issued an apology for Roberts' action.

Don't you go spreading lies about me! I know about your politicking ways, you want me to get buried so the Age of Owl can begin.

With G-Fex gone and Soul Playa vanishing it's my time, the good kind of my time like HHH and not like Shad.
Now to create my faction "The Parliament of Owls".

Hang on this promo business is probably upsetting someone somewhere, I better stop.

Alucard

Banned
I think I'm done with the WWE until the new year. I got myself pumped for Hell in a Cell and was disappointed. I got myself pumped for Raw and was disappointed. If I have absolutely nothing else to do, I'll watch a skit or two involving guys I care about, but I feel like I've lost sleep for the past two nights for no good reason at all.

Team Angle from 2004 was the worst SS team. Angle, Carlito, Luther Reigns, and Mark Jindrak. Then there was the DX team in 2000 that consisted of the NAO, Chyna, and K-Kwik. Or the team of the British Bulldog and the Mean Street Posse. The opposing team is the best random collection of Attitude Era mid carders, though. Val, Mark Henry, Gangrel, and Steve Blackman.

Survivor Series 1987 included André the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed and Rick Rude against Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Ken Patera and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Oh man, BJW had another bat-shit insane scaffold death match!

ibauLZfNjGvFP2.jpg

Abdullah Kobayashi made his 6th defence of the BJW Heavyweight Title after hitting Yuko Miyamoto with the Bakachinga Elbow off the scaffold. Awesome. Not much of a fan of Japanese Abby these days, and felt his title run has been kinda unnecessary, but BJW scaffold matches are always fun.

I didn't really, I'm a liar.

That's OK, I'm just happy to see Shatner's musical genius further spread across the net.

Sunflower said:
Well Bootaaay, let ME say Happy Birthday!

Thanks man, and WrassleGAF in general for being continually awesome :)

jl2qrl.gif

I think I'm done with the WWE until the new year. I got myself pumped for Hell in a Cell and was disappointed. I got myself pumped for Raw and was disappointed. If I have absolutely nothing else to do, I'll watch a skit or two involving guys I care about, but I feel like I've lost sleep for the past two nights for no good reason at all.
Now where am I going to get my sexy diva pictures?

Laserfrog

Isn't it called the "Legends House"?

No no no, here I've started a script.

INT. DDP'S HOUSE

Jake is cutting his toenails while half watching the local news. DDP walks to the sofa.

DDP

Yo, Jake have you seen my yoga mat?

JAKE

Can't you see I'm trying to watch the damn news? I have no damn idea where you mystical yoga mat is!

DDP

Don't make me diamond cutter you!

JAKE

Okay...okay, I think I saw Damien using it.

DDP visibly gets a little angry at this upsetting news.

DDP

You let your snake slither onto my yoga mat?! Everybody knows snakes can't do yoga!

JAKE

Oh yeah? Who says?

DDP

Me, me DDP says snakes can't do Yoga!

Jakes pauses the cutting of his overly long toenails.

JAKE

Oh yeah well I bet a packet of Doritos that I can make Damien do some yoga by the end of the week!

*Hilarity Ensues!*

tm24

No no no, here I've started a script.

INT. DDP'S HOUSE

Jake is cutting his toenails while half watching the local news. DDP walks to the sofa.

DDP

Yo, Jake have you seen my yoga mat?

JAKE

Can't you see I'm trying to watch the damn news? I have no damn idea where you mystical yoga mat is!

DDP

Don't make me diamond cutter you!

JAKE

Okay...okay, I think I saw Damien using it.

DDP visibly gets a little angry at this upsetting news.

DDP

You let your snake slither onto my yoga mat?! Everybody knows snakes can't do yoga!

JAKE

Oh yeah? Who says?

DDP

Me, me DDP says snakes can't do Yoga!

Jakes pauses the cutting of his overly long toenails.

JAKE

Oh yeah well I bet a packet of Doritos that I can make Damien do some yoga by the end of the week!

*Hilarity Ensues!*
Already a better comedy than NBCs Wednesday night lineup

Jitters

What is with the useless matches on Raw? What will Del Rio over Gabriel accomplish? What will Ryback over JTG accomplish? Nothing. Beating jobbers certainly isn't going to get Del Rio or Ryback over, so why have them? I feel like Del Rio constantly has matches like that.

The crowd was terrible last night, they didn't react to anything. I have no idea where they are going with the ref storyline. I hope they make the Cena/AJ/Vicki storyline just with AJ and Vicki. The Cena/AJ thing is too much like AJ/Daniels, which was terrible. I guess they are going for Dolph/Vicki vs. Cena/AJ? I know there were a few posts saying that these were the worst SS teams of all time, and I have to disagree. Would I have preferred slightly different teams? Of course, but they are not that bad. I'm a fan of the classic 5 on 5 matches and I think it will be fun. I just wish there was some stipulation, to bring more importance to it. My favorite things on Raw were the 3MB segment and Rey/Cara vs. Rhodes Scholars, and that was pretty much it.

That makes two bad Raws in a row. Which is upsetting because I thought things were starting to turn around.

somedevil

Raw rating is a 2.9:

8:00- 4.31 million
9:00- 4.22 million
10:00- 3.78 million

Still 3 hours is too long for viewers. Also, wonder how much the storm affected the rating.

Kyoufu

What is with the useless matches on Raw? What will Del Rio over Gabriel accomplish? What will Ryback over JTG accomplish? Nothing. Beating jobbers certainly isn't going to get Del Rio or Ryback over, so why have them? I feel like Del Rio constantly has matches like that.

I have no idea. I just want to change the channel when these useless matches are on.

I don't agree with RAW being bad though. Wasn't great but it was much better than last week.

DKehoe

Man, I feel old. Fuck birthdays. Here's what was happening in the world of wrestling on mine;

Happy Birthday! Yours is just 2 days ahead of mine. Hope you've had a good one.

EDIT: Wrestling related thing that happened on my birthday: Bobby Heenan was born (yay!) as was Tyler Reks (yay?)

WWF Tuesday Night Titans - 10/30/84

Not very exciting, but Big John Studd vs SD Jones! And Lord Alfred & Gorilla being awesome on commentary.

Happy Birthday, Bootaaay - hope you're having a good one. Don't worry about that old feeling, it'll be gone by next week at the latest.

...I'm rubbish at this 'staying positive' thing, aren't I?

Anyway, off the top of my head there was one cool match that took place on my birthday.
Judgement Day, 5/22/2005: John Cena vs JBL in an 'I Quit' Match

Part 1
Part 2

A solid main event on what was otherwise a weak PPV (or dreadful, if any one of you actually remembers the buildup to Booker and Angle's match that night). The 'I Quit' match was built up for weeks as two stubborn bastards who didn't know when to back down, and it lived up to the hype. Looking back at it, I was expecting the match to be a bit bloodier, but it was still great because JBL and Cena played off one another so well. JBL's hesitant offense and constant prodding for an 'I Quit'; Cena's arrogance and schoolyard, ghetto-ass punches; and the somewhat eclectic use of an exhaust pipe as a clubbing tool; it all came together pretty well.

The most notable thing about the match for me was that both wrestlers repped separate versions of the WWE championship belt - Cena had the then-new spinner belt, while JBL, the self-proclaimed consummate champion, continued to carry around the earlier design 'for the fans'. I like to think of this match as the retirement match for the Undisputed Championship, although I can't remember if JBL kept carrying around the title after this PPV.

I have another match, too:

SUPER POWER SERIES 1992
Nakajima Sports Center

Akira Taue, Jumbo Tsuruta and Masanobu Fuchi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada and Kenta Kobashi

I know absolutely nothing about this match other than it was the third of a series of tag team matches featuring all 6 wrestlers. It's a good match, though.

Sucks they wrote Beth out in such a meaningless fashion, rather than as the end to a feud where she gets to put someone over on her way out. Oh well, hopefully she makes a return to SHIMMER (or makes her debut in SHINE at some point) and reminds everyone what a great wrestler she can be when not working 2 minute matches that end with a roll-up.

ibfToCryurghU3.jpg

ijNgVOAYgT0zi.jpg
wait, so Beth was let go?? wtf kinda shit is that...

strobogo

Banned
There have only been a handful of TV/PPVs taped on my birthday. The most important things I've been able to find were Brock dressing up with the mariachi band to fuck with Eddie, a Steamboat/Barry vs Arn/Larry Z match, a Saturday Night that had Ted Turner and Jane Fonda in attendance, Arn pinning Hogan on Nitro, Goldberg vs Glacier on THUNDER.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good god you guys, the GWF is going to be amazing. Just finished the first storyline bit with our dear GWF Commissioner. Amazing. :D

Top Bottom