• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

So WWE don't actually have any plans for Barrett do they?
Returning hype promos + squash matches = ???
They haven't even followed up on a damn thing he said when he did return about him not being in the main event and that he's "open for business".

jmdajr

So WWE don't actually have any plans for Barrett do they?
Returning hype promos + squash matches = ???
They haven't even followed up on a damn thing he said when he did return about him not being in the main event and that he's "open for business".
You figure Sheamus, but now he's busy with big slow.

You figure Sheamus, but now he's busy with big slow.
It's going to be a brutal HiaC match that's for sure, but not for the usual brutal reasons.

I'm sure Wade will job to Ryback sooner or later, don't worry.
ngxoS.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
USA Network is the whole reason they're 3 hours in the first place.

I'm all for it, bring back 2 hour Raw.

Ultratech

I think Hawkins has kept his job because no one known he's employed to begin with. Much like JTG. Until Da ROCK wanted to work with him to train for Cena. Now he's probably going to stick around until Rock no longer wants him.

The sad thing is that Hawkins is better than Ryder in every way and is actually really good.

Funny you mentioned that. I think there some interview a couple of months back and someone mentioned that Hawkins was actually pretty good to work with. He might be stuck in jobber status, but I guess he's a good one?
(Can't remember for the life of me who the interview was with. Didn't know he worked with The Rock though.)

USA Network is the whole reason they're 3 hours in the first place.

I'm all for it, bring back 2 hour Raw.

Yeah, I'd be good with just 2 hours again. That third hour REALLY starts to drag...

jmdajr

Funny you mentioned that. I think there some interview a couple of months back and someone mentioned that Hawkins was actually pretty good to work with. He might be stuck in jobber status, but I guess he's a good one?

Yeah, I'd be good with just 2 hours again. That third hour REALLY starts to drag...

I appreciate the long matches. But heck you got Smackdown and now Main Event. Spread it out.

Granted I don't HATE the 3 hours....but leaner and meaner is probably better.

Striker

No matter if it is three hours or two hours, they still focus on a select story or two. With three hours, they bring in Sheamus/his opponent, and elevated more with the tag matches. That's all that's changed, and if they can figure the tag belts/matches more in two hours then so be it. But we still see two minute Diva matches, we still see tons of social networking crap, lots of recaps, and weekly Ryback squashes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Going to the Smackdown Tour November 7th, pretty excited as well. My first wrestling event ever so yay for that.

If you lack a son like I do, it helps to connect on the internets with people that like Wrasslin'

Here's the main event from a BJW show back in July, that sees CZW's Drake Younger challenging Abdullah Kobayashi for the BJW Deathmatch Heavyweight Title;

Abdullah Kobayashi (c) vs Drake Younger - (BJW 07/30/12)

(Warning; features a syringe spot, lol).

A couple of recent lucha matches;

Prince Devitt vs Volador Jr. - (CMLL 09/25/12)

Dr. Wagner Jr., Electroshock & Jack Evans vs Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Silver King & Teddy Hart - (AAA 09/16/12)

And a fantastic main event from the New Japan G1 Climax Tournament;

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yuji Nagata - (NJPW 08/11/12)

jmdajr

Going to the Smackdown Tour November 7th, pretty excited as well. My first wrestling event ever so yay for that.

If you lack a son like I do, it helps to connect on the internets with people that like Wrasslin'

Cool. Hope you have fun!

tm24

Man, even at its peak, wrestling maybe topped at 12 million between the two shows, and thats being generous

gurudyne

Where are people getting these figures? I flat out refuse to believe that wrestling was 10x more popular in the Attitude era.

10x better maybe lolobviousjoke

Anyone ordered dvd's from rohwrestling.com?

Quite a few I want to pick up but it'd be international shipping so I just want to make sure their customer service is ok in case anything goes wrong.

Here all the 21 Downloadable Characters that will be included in WWE '13:

Current Era: AJ Lee and Damien Sandow (already announced), Antonio Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Layla, Natalya, Ryback, Tensai, The Usos (Jimmy & Jey), Yoshi Tatsu.

Attitude Era: Mike Tyson (pre-order bonus), Brian Pillman, Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk), Diamond Dallas Page, Gangrel, Goldust, Rikishi, Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay), Val Venis.

In addition, more content will be included as DLC such as Ministry Undertaker Attire, Brock Lesnar's Kimura Lock and John Cena's 2004 United States Spinner Title.

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=EHbhZRe7tDU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEHbhZRe7tDU

Pillman is awesome.

jmdajr

Although Fex was a dick sometimes, he contributed a lot.
He would respond to my things here and there. Could be selfish sometimes and spam the thread while ignoring other peoples posts, questions. But I liked how he had fun in here.
And that's what it's supposed to be about. Not to take it too,too serious and have dat fun.

tm24

Anyone ordered dvd's from rohwrestling.com?

Quite a few I want to pick up but it'd be international shipping so I just want to make sure their customer service is ok in case anything goes wrong.

They're shipping was pretty top notch. I saw was since i havent ordered anything from them in 2 years, but back in 04-07 i had nothing but good things to say about ROH customer service, At most i would wait 2 days before i got some sort of reply back

He would respond to my things here and there. Could be selfish sometimes and spam the thread while ignoring other peoples posts, questions. But I liked how he had fun in here.
And that's what it's supposed to be about. Not to take it too,too serious and have dat fun.
True.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fex always struck me as one of those guys who was trying REALLY hard to be popular on a message board. Like, actively trying really, really hard.

strobogo

Banned
Fuck the Worm, El Generico's BRAINNNNBUSTAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! was in that video. This game has Claudio, Punk, Dragon, Eddie, Shamrock, Flyin Brian, Gangrel, Vader, Johnny Ace, Brock. I'm probably going to end up just keeping this from Gamefly. It will be a bit cheaper. More and more stoked for it. I hope they do the Boss Man/Big Show feud and just use the actual audio synched to the character model since Boss Man is dead. Just like Big Show's daddy.

That is a really good DLC lineup for WWE13 which in itself is a huge problem, that much good stuff being left out of the main package really stings, initiating price drop wait procedure.
Ministry Undertaker is all sorts of awesome, then again that's reused from 2010 I think.

Fex always struck me as one of those guys who was trying REALLY hard to be popular on a message board. Like, actively trying really, really hard.
Well I think we all noticed that much, still he's not bad to have around and some of his more creative antics like the WWE12 stuff was appreciated, shame he's gone all Stone Cold circa 2002, got upset and now he's taken his ball and gone home.

How awful will the animation on The Worm be?

Oh cripes, it's going to be shockingly bad.

jmdajr

Well I think we all noticed that much, still he's not bad to have around and some of his more creative antics like the WWE12 stuff was appreciated, shame he's gone all Stone Cold circa 2002, got upset and now he's taken his ball and gone home.

I don't even know what happened.

They're shipping was pretty top notch. I saw was since i havent ordered anything from them in 2 years, but back in 04-07 i had nothing but good things to say about ROH customer service, At most i would wait 2 days before i got some sort of reply back

cheers

Top Bottom