• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Snaku

Banned
DDP will be a complete disappointment if he cannot do at least three variations of the Diamond Cutter:

• Standard
  • Running
  • Off the top rope
WCW/nWo Revenge, a 14-year-old game, could do this. You're on notice Yukes.

I can't wait to see the PG version of Val Venis's titantron.

Hellooooo WWE Universe!

Kaladin

Christopher Daniels discusses the Claire Lynch storyline from The Law:

The Claire Lynch Storyline:

As far as Frankie (Kazarian) and myself, our main goal was to try to come out of it looking like the crap-stirring scumbags that we wanted to play, that we’re trying to be. Every time we went out there with a promo, every time we went out there with a pre-tape or any sort of interaction like that, we were looking to see how quickly we could get people’s ire raised. Whatever the positivity of it in the beginning, and then what some people sort of perceive as missteps in the angle, it didn’t matter to us how that was going. All that mattered to us was that at the end of each segment or the end of each episode of this particular saga, Frankie and I came out looking like the dastardly duo that we are.

I think that people misunderstand what happened behind the scenes as the reason that it ended. My understanding of it from the beginning was that it was going to end when it ended. All the pertinent players weren’t there when it ended, but that didn’t affect the way it went down. The major parts were myself, Frankie, and AJ, and that was the important stuff. The focus was started there, and it ended there; everything else was just incidental, in my eyes. I was very happy with the way it ended, because in the end AJ got his vindication. Frankie and I, our reputations are what they are, and what we built them up to be, and now we move forward with not just us versus AJ, but us versus the Impact Wrestling locker room.

Full interview: http://fightnetwork.com/news/33874:interview-christopher-daniels-on-claire-lynch-and-more/

DDP will be a complete disappointment if he cannot do at least three variations of the Diamond Cutter:

• Standard
  • Running
  • Off the top rope
WCW/nWo Revenge, a 14-year-old game, could do this. You're on notice Yukes.

Hellooooo WWE Universe!

there are reversal finishers this year so maybe we'll get a top rope reversal diamond cutter.

somedevil

Enfinit

3 hours isnt the problem.

6 shows over five networks only gettin 7 million is.

Monday - Monday Night RAW (USA)
Tuesday - NXT (online, locally in south Florida on Bright House Sports Network)
Wednesday - Main Event (Ion)
Thursday - Superstars (online, previously on CW)
Friday - SmackDown (SyFy)
Saturday - Saturday Morning Slam (CW)
Sunday - reserved for PPVs

That's 6/7 days with new WWE content, all on different channels (minus Superstars). That's a lot of fucking content with relatively low viewership. If it were up to me, I'd only have a 2-hour RAW Monday nights, SmackDown live on Thursdays from 8-10, and NXT Saturday mornings instead of Morning Slam. Cut Superstars and Main Event, move all the jobbers and young talent to a 1-2 hour NXT show on Saturday mornings.

Instead of focusing on 6 different shows with completely different mediocre content, strip it down to 2-3 good quality shows. I'm impressed at how WWE's trying to extend the brand to different channels and populations, however I can't see it being uber successful in the long run, at least not on the success level as RAW or SmackDown.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it was just RAW and SmackDown + PPVs. Fuck it, just RAW would be fine. Have 15-20 quality superstars and fuck the rest.

And fuck the WWE Network. What a terrible fucking idea.

The WWE should just switch to a Big Brother feed where they have the TV shows, but I can also pay a subscription fee to watch what the Superstars are up to 24/7. What if John Cena is overcoming odds RIGHT NOW!?

Aiii

So not worth it
imagegtqf.jpg

!!!

strobogo

Banned
I wonder how many people know what ION is and that they have it. I don't think The Main Event will be a big or even moderate success. Have they had any promotion for it outside of internet ads and on their own website?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That's what it was. Even better, both those channels are on the same scale of mediocracy and crime show reruns.

Not exactly, as CW actually has a fairly popular lineup of original shows (or at least, they have Supernatural...pretty sure that's the only thing keeping them afloat) in addition to endless reruns of syndicated stuff. WGN though...I can't think of a single original show they have.

As far as ION goes, I know I USED to have it, but then Time Warner moved into my city and suddenly ION was gone. Ah well.

LOL WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!??!

soup.jpg

????????
hahahahahaha

Maybe he means it's like a work of art?

qA4nrl.jpg

Did You Know?
When searching for the phrase "face like a soup can", the October Wrasslin |OT| came in 4th in the results.

Op7GFl.png

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to use that phrase in everyday conversation from this point on.

Not exactly, as CW actually has a fairly popular lineup of original shows (or at least, they have Supernatural...pretty sure that's the only thing keeping them afloat) in addition to endless reruns of syndicated stuff. WGN though...I can't think of a single original show they have.

As far as ION goes, I know I USED to have it, but then Time Warner moved into my city and suddenly ION was gone. Ah well.

God, WGN...I haven't heard that name in ages. That used to be my local WB network affiliate back in the day - I'm pretty sure I only watched that channel on Saturday mornings, lol. The only new shows they have are reruns of radio shows.

You're not missing out on anything from ION either, pal. It's basically the Police Procedural Network - all the shows that USA didn't want to pick up go there to live in limbo, basically. I'm still amazed at how the WWE convinced them to take up Main Event; it's basically Superstars 2.0, and it sticks out like a sore thumb compared to all the other shows they have.

Enfinit

I'm fucking Google famous, bitches.

My only memorable addition to this |OT| was a phrase I can't even explain what the fuck it means.

I love you guys.

face-painted-art-chicquero-campbells-soup-can-andy-warhol-1962.jpg

I love that to be an employee of the WWE you must:
  1. Wear your ring gear even when you are not physically able to compete
  2. Get dressed in the middle of a fucking hallway in the middle of the show
  3. Allow camera to film you getting changed in case something plot relevant happens

Jamie OD

God damn it, THQ got my attention with their DLC by adding in Chainsaw Charlie. If they're that into the Attitude Era stuff they better add a dumpster thrown off the stage scene into the create-a-story mode.

God damn it, THQ got my attention with their DLC by adding in Chainsaw Charlie. If they're that into the Attitude Era stuff they better add a dumpster thrown off the stage scene into the create-a-story mode.
I might bite on it if they do it. Only thing I'm worried about is their servers for Community Creations.

Top Bottom