• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Ultratech

The Botchedspot Guy is great:

2012-10-03-labors-cmpunk.jpg

Heh, that's pretty good.

Jesus, this is one of the most horrific botches I've seen - some dude named Charade from Beyond Wrestling under-rotates on a double moonsault;

http://i.minus.com/ibjmgpdCPrq8Ey.gif

Urghhhh. The crowd go dead silent. I'm pretty sure everyone there thought they'd just seen a guy kill himself. Here's the match. Apparently he has a cracked skull and spinal damage, but is only looking at 2-4 months of recovery.

Goddamn, that had to hurt. Good thing he's ok and didn't end up worse. Could've easily killed himself right there.

Jesus, this is one of the most horrific botches I've seen - some dude named Charade from Beyond Wrestling under-rotates on a double moonsault;

http://i.minus.com/ibjmgpdCPrq8Ey.gif

Urghhhh. The crowd go dead silent. I'm pretty sure everyone there thought they'd just seen a guy kill himself. Here's the match. Apparently he has a cracked skull and spinal damage, but is only looking at 2-4 months of recovery.
YOU FUCKING CUNT.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
oh god the first thing out of Austin's mouth is awesome

MAGICAL TIME SHIP

I have to stop watching this, I have work to do. :(

WWE '13 is "The greatest videogame in the history of technology"? C'mon, JR...

I like how old school guys like Austin resent the current roster for playing videogames instead of doing drugs like they did.

jmdajr

WWE '13 is "The greatest videogame in the history of technology"? C'mon, JR...

I like how old school guys like Austin resent the current roster for playing videogames instead of doing drugs like they did.

Different time, Different era. But I'm sure the likes of the Miz will live until age 70 unlike super stars of the past. But hey Stone Cold retired, so he was pretty smart.

Supposedly, these are the current WWE salary details (obviously, take this with a big pinch of salt);

These figures are rounded up from the original figures we received. These figures do not include, PPV or appearance bonuses, nor do they include the merchandise cut that each performer receives. Some performers receive an additional percentage added to their merchandise cut, if they are a high merchandise seller, and these are noted.

Note 1: It would appear that WWE’s standard contract lengths are 1 year, 3 year, 5 year, 7 year and 10 year.
Note 2: Some performers are offered a higher merchandise royalties percentage for taking a smaller downside. These figures were not made available to us.
Note 3: The executive office and “legends” contracts were not made available to us. These contracts operate on a different system entirely.
Note 4: The Undertaker is believed to be on a per-appearance contract, in which he is paid an agreed upon rate (a long with the typical PPV bonus if he wrestlers) for each appearance he makes for the company. Undertaker of course, still receives his merchandise royalites, etc, but isn’t on a downside contract. Undertaker is not on a legends contact, which means he cannot make appearances for independent promotions.

Alberto Del Rio: $675,000 downside/first class travel - 3 year contract
Big Show: $1,050,000 downside/allocated a personal touring bus/first class travel arrangements paid for, when bus travel is not an option - 10 year contract
Brodus Clay: $170,000 downside - 2 year contract
Christian: $595,000 downside/first class travel - 3 year contract
CM Punk: $1,220,500 downside/allocated a personal touring bus/first class travel arrangements paid for, when bus travel is not an option/receives an additional 3.25% bonus for high merchandise sales - 7 year contract
Cody Rhodes: $494,500 downside - 3 year contract
Daniel Bryan: $620,470 downside - 3 year contract
Darren Young: $80,145 downside - 3 year contract
Dolph Ziggler: $540,230 downside - 3 year contract
Jack Swagger: $319,000 downside - 3 year contract
Jinder Mahal: $75,000 downside - 3 year contract
John Cena: $2,750,000 downside/first class travel and accommodation/receives an additional 6.25% bonus for high merchandise sales - 10 year contract
Kane: $905,000 downside/first class travel and accommodation - 5 year contract
Kofi Kingston: $254,200 downside - 3 year contract
Mark Henry: $877,000 downside/first class travel - 10 year contract
Randy Orton: $1,600,500 downside/allocated a personal touring bus/first class travel arrangements paid for, when bus travel is not an option/receives an additional 2.2% bonus for high merchandise sales - 10 year contract
Rey Mysterio: $985,000 downside/first class travel arrangements/receives an additional 4% bonus for high merchandise sales - 5 year contract
Sheamus: $1,000,000 downside/first class travel arrangements - 7 year contract
Tensai: $520,000 downside - 3 year contract
The Great Khali: $974,000 downside - 5 year contract
The Miz: $712,000 downside/first class travel - 5 year contract
Zack Ryder: $135,050 downside/receives an additional 1.5% bonus for high merchandise sales - 3 year contract

Alicia Fox: $72,520 downside - 3 year contract
AJ Lee: $104,300 downside - 3 year contract
Beth Phoenix: $112,500 downside/first class travel - 3 year contract
Eve: $109,475 downside/first class travel - 5 year contract
Layla: $86,450 downside - 3 year contract
Natalya: $74,410 downside - 3 year contract

Booker T: $477,375 downside/first class travel and accommodation - 3 year contract
Jerry Lawler: $500,000 downside/first class travel and accommodation/allowed to make independent appearances - 5 year contract
Matt Striker: $164,000 downside - 3 year contract
Michael Cole: $549,000 downside/first class travel and accommodation - 5 year contract

Jesus, whose smart idea was it to pay Big Show a million bucks a year, for 10 years? And Khali - lol, WTF?

I would prefer botches like these not be posted in gif form if I'm honest.

I have this weird thing about seeing people hurt themselves (esp. dislocations and broken bones, but also head things) even if I know they end up being fine I get so freaked out.

I can handle everything, except seeing stuff like that. Even fake broken bones in movies and shit I have to look away.

When I dislocated my knee cap I damn near passed out from seeing it stick out under my skin.

God, I suck.

Don't worry, simply reading your post made me writhe in pain.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm guessing accommodations means hotel stays, right? Cause I'm trying to determine what the difference is between first class travel, and first class travel and accommodations.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
BTW, that Big Show contract CANNOT be accurate. Remember, Show's contract expired a few years ago and he took a long break. I refuse to believe that they would resign him to ANOTHER 10 year contract.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Services from WWE Divas.

Fuckin' right.

I'm actually surprised at these figures. A guy like Kane probably easily gets to $1.5 mil a year when including merchandise and PPV bonuses.

jmdajr

Tensai, Swagger, Khali sure get paid a lot for not doing jack squat.

Hope Daniel Bryan and Punk invest their money well.

Matt Striker.. should be paid more.

Fuckin' right.

I'm actually surprised at these figures. A guy like Kane probably easily gets to $1.5 mil a year when including merchandise and PPV bonuses.

Kane is probably one of the bigger earners outside of the main event when it comes to PPV bonuses, he rarely misses them when he is active, but is he traditionally a very big merchandise mover though? I mean, obviously he is now that he's hitched his wagon to a real star.

Top Bottom