• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Aiii

So not worth it
I agree. With his talent and charisma, he'd be NXT Champ in like a year.

HdpmV.png

Kaladin

I jumped the gun on the WWE '13 thread. I don't go to gaming side often and forgot that OTs are for a week out. I just looked over the WWE '12 thread and it was posted less than a week away so I must have forgot that fact in my year's absence of making OTs. It will be unlocked closer to release.

Your friendly GM,

djsandman

The FREE download of the week over at IVPvideos.com is 'The Best of Barry Windham v.1';

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=9312

• Barry Windham vs Genichiro Tenryu
  • Barry Windham & Ron Fuller vs Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody
  • Barry Windham & Ron Fuller vs Genichiro Tenryu & Jumbo Tsuruta
  • Barry Windham vs The Great Kabuki
  • Barry Windham vs The Great Muta
  • Barry Windham & Arn Anderson vs Mr.Saito & Masahiro Chono
  • Barry Windham & Bradshaw vs Johnny Ace & Kenta Kobashi

Also, Jim Cornette's latest column over at FightingSpirit responds to some of the recent criticisms about ROH;

http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk/art/columns/31/the-cornette-conclusion-issue-85

*edit, while we're on the subject of ROH, here's a cool MV highlighting a time when ROH was awesome, show 1-100;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qM2N2bNDIA

Kaladin

Toki767

So they hit the panic button and are bringing Vince back to RAW tonight? Wonder what he's going to do. Other than probably force Punk to face Cena at Hell in a Cell.

Man, I forget sometimes, but Jack Evans was nuts;

iG5qiC61r97Dd.gif
i3h84Ws9NxZKt.gif

Interesting that he should post that on the day he was relieved of his booking duties.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he still had a lot of input, but was 'removed' from view because he was becoming a scape goat for ROH's problems (lots of people blaming Cornette and likening ROH to 'Smoky Mountain of Honor').

Carnby

So they hit the panic button and are bringing Vince back to RAW tonight? Wonder what he's going to do. Other than probably force Punk to face Cena at Hell in a Cell.

Please fire AJ. Please fire AJ. Please fire AJ. Please fire AJ. Please fire AJ. Please fire AJ.

Kaladin

More on Heyman's involvement in WWE '13......and this has sold me on the game 100%:

Given his legacy, it makes perfect sense that THQ would turn to Heyman to help adapt Attitude Era’s storylines into WWE ’13. On top of that, the former head of ECW, and current WWE on-air personality, helped write and guide some of the 200-plus new storylines that are being incorporated into the endless simulation that is Universe Mode.

“I am a believer that interactivity is the future,” Heyman told IGN, emphasizing his enthusiasm for WWE '13. “The more the gamer can control the environment, and choose which way they can take the experience, the more cutting edge your product will be.” Heyman noted his efforts to recreate the Attitude Era focused mostly on taking the storylines from over a decade ago and finding ways to present them with more modern sensibilities.

“It’d be what an Attitude Era fan would relate to but what a modern day fan would understand is current and not just nostalgia,” Heyman said. “If you just come back and recreate from 15 years ago, you’re not really offering much. If you present the Attitude Era as a modern day concept, then you’re doing something that’s new.” Given that he effectively created the blueprints for what WWE did back then, Heyman said stepping into this role was easy. “You know if McDonald’s is making Chicken McNuggets, and another company comes out with a nugget... you know the formula being used!”

Heyman’s efforts with Universe Mode focused on finding broad story ideas that gamers will then be able to manipulate to their hearts’ desires, placing an emphasis on the interactive nature of WWE '13. While he noted that writing for a game is easier than writing for television, Heyman said his fundamental approach here was the same as it always was.

“I’ve always found that what wrestling fans - or boxing or UFC or whomever - relate to is simply ‘Who are these people? Why are they fighting? Why should I care to pay to see it happen?’” Heyman said. “The same applies to video games. It’s the very same thing. The scenarios may be different. The personas may be different. But the concept remains the same.”

More here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/08/wwe-13-a-wrestling-legend-finds-his-universe

Paul Heyman writing story mode and WWE Universe mode? Yes please.

More on Heyman's involvement in WWE '13......and this has sold me on the game 100%:

More here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/08/wwe-13-a-wrestling-legend-finds-his-universe

Paul Heyman writing story mode and WWE Universe mode? Yes please.

Basically WWE13 sounds great in concepts and content, but still highly likely to be woefully lacking in gameplay.
Such a pain, it really is, all this content in a game using modern No Mercy style gameplay would be the wrestling game of the forever.
Still it's nice news anyway, if anything such things keep it on my radar.

Kaladin

Basically WWE13 sounds great in concepts and content, but still highly likely to be woefully lacking in gameplay.
Such a pain, it really is, all this content in a game using modern No Mercy style gameplay would be the wrestling game of the forever.
Still it's nice news anyway, if anything such things keep it on my radar.

I've played through shitty games for good content before.....I'm looking at you Enter The Matrix.

Kaladin

Are you really going to compare wwe 13 to Enter the Matrix! Man that game was absolute shit.

The gameplay was shit, but you got to see some sequences filmed for the game only. I'm just saying, I've played through shit to see good content before. I personally liked the basic gameplay of WWE '12. The only thing I really had a problem with was the story mode where you never got to finish a match, you were always fighting to light up a queue for some movie to play.

Laserfrog

Enter the matrix had that wonky two player mode that didn't even work properly. I love that game it's completely broken and that's why it's so good.

Everybody has speculated as to what might be on Punk's shirt.

Is it a dinosaur? Is it a rabbit? Balloons?

Is it the playmate of the month? Heh, who knows.

Well, It sounds to me right now the speculating is over!

WHOA! Stand back!

I think slightconfuse is posting the link!

OH There it is!! What is it?!?!

i5vcu.png

OH MY GOD

What? What in the world is this?!

Take a look at it ladies and gentlemen, feathers, a beak...

Don't tell me Punk's shirt is the Gobbledy Gooker!?

You want me to what? You want me to buy and wear you?!

atomsk

Party Pooper
Reports from tonight's RAW are that Vince McMahon has not been in a good mood today. This led to head RAW writer Brian Gewirtz being removed from his job after more than 10 years. Gewirtz is still working as a consultant.

Vince reportedly told the producers he wants results or resignations. Everyone is said to be scared for their jobs. We hope to have more soon.

uhhhhhh

Well these make sense now

@CrankyVince
LISTEN ASSHOLES. I'M NOT FUCKING AROUND. WHERE'S KAPOOR. HE BETTER WORK HIS HINDI BLACK MAGIC OR HE'S NEXT!! #RAW @USANETWORK #FUCKYOU

‏@CrankyVince
LOOK AT @HEYMANHUSTLE PRANCING ABOUT LIKE THE BEETLEJUICE®. IF THIS SKULLET, BULBOUS EYED ASSHOLE THINKS I'M ASKING HIM TO BE A WRITER...

‏@CrankyVince
WHAT? GEWIRTZ DOESN'T HAVE AM "AT WILL" CONTRACT WITH US? WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM ON UNTIL WHEN???? GODDAMN, WHO WRITES THE THINGS UP? FUCK.

Top Bottom