• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Mahonay

Banned
I didn't like Austin until he was friends(or should I say teamed with the rock during the corporate ministry.), everyone else loved him. I had a fucking Stone cold cake for my 9th birthday and was livid, I wanted a Rocky birthday cake. At least I got his action figures and a shirt.
Lol.

Rock was the best, I didn't care about Austin as much back then.
I hated Rocky Maivia/The Rock for a while when he was in NoD. Turned around on him immediately once he really got the humor and charisma train rolling, when he started calling himself The People's Champ ironically. Once Rock got big I'd say I liked him and Austin pretty equally. Both got me hype as fuck.

Hex

Banned
Whose youtube account is that. Raise your hand.

giphy9nox8.gif

Not me

klonere

Banned
Because it's not flashy. Who cares about one guy doing this on his own time when you could care about moneyed corporations and foundations doing it for the press?

Can't spare a single minute of a 3 hour Raw for a good man like Titus no sir, beaten by the New Day 3 weeks ago and haven't been seen since, great use of talent that was really starting to get over.

That's what gets me the hottest about WWE: misuse of fine, talented, hard-working people who could have a place on the show if you just tried.

Sephzilla

The People's Elbow is also shit. It's a fucking elbow. Bret Hart's elbow from the middle rope is riskier, FFS.

The People's Elbow was fucking great when it was a joke move he did as a heel. When it actually started winning him matches it became dumb as hell.

For me personally, there's a big shift in the product from the moment Raw went to 2 hours. Go watch some earlier episodes of Raw and aside from the occasional King's Court or whatever, you didn't have long talking segments. Then skip to 98 or 99 and see how every show opens with a long segment, and then every f-grade shit like Road Dogg has to have a long entrance and repeat their same dumbass catchphrases every week. So then you get Rocky with his promos that were less about "I'm going to beat you because x y z" and more like "I'm going to shit on you and kill your momentum" that also included the same dumbass catchphrases every week, but with the added pregnant pauses, and it was just the worst to me. HHH and his "Rock-uh... I-uh... will-uh" style promos were also bad. I didn't mind HBK so much because I could appreciate that he was on pills and that was cool.

But the notion of expanding the show because wrasslin' is hot, then padding it out with a ton of useless shit like that, is what initially turned me off. Watching a 3-hour Raw is even worse nowadays, or the last time I saw one, and I think the last time I did see Raw was the condensed Hulu version. Even that had too much rambling and shit in it for me.

I have a lot of reasons for not watching and mostly reading reports, but it all started with that. When I am watching the show and I feel like my time could be better spent going outside or something, you've failed.
I'm almost in your boat now, I just read the reports now for Raw. This past Monday I actually got to watch it and it was boring(first time in 3 months).

But the raws before 98', yes they didn't have many drawn out segments other than DX, then you had a few segments but you're right about the long openings. It felt weird when Raw would start out with a match, just like how it is now. You can see how much it has changed.

Maybe Titus doesn't want his charity work to be advertised by WWE. Hes doing it on his own, after all. Maybe he thinks that the message will be lost.

bjork

Bjork have you seen Lucha Underground??

Its WMAC reborn

Do they have ninjas enter the dome?

Does each dude have a symbol and by beating him, you get the symbol and once you have them all, you can fight for the belt?

Actually, that could be a good way to do seasons if someone hasn't already.

Does each dude have a symbol and by beating him, you get the symbol and once you have them all, you can fight for the belt?

No ninjas yet

Yes they have symbols you win to fight for a belt.

hqdefault.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hqdefault.jpg

fenix-battle-royal-gift-of-the-gods.png

They mentioned the Best Dad of the Year thing. I mean at least keep him and Darren on TV
They both suck, so I'm fine with them not being on tv.

Replace "ninjas" with "dragons," and yes on all accounts.

Aiii

So not worth it

They were wrestlers, but yes, there were seven aztec medallions that were fought over and slotted into a belt that was contested in a 7-wa match between the medal holders.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well fuck me. I guess I have to go watch that, all I know about LU is any time it was on this thread turned into MAN LU IS SO GOOD posts with zero info.

What? There were constant gifs, YouTube links to good matches, images of matches and full recaps.

No way anyone can claim that, seriously.

Headbangers were underrated and cool as hell.

Am I the only one who preferred Too much over Too Cool?

Imagine if Test got the big push that he was supposed to get.

Looking at the Rumble match itself from 2000 Test, Big Bossman, Vis, and Bulldog all are dead. What's even more strange and how they all came in one after another.

NoRéN

What? There were constant gifs, YouTube links to good matches, images of matches and full recaps.

Yeah. Information was readily posted.

"LU is great! What here, or here, or matches on youtube, or here's a gif!"

bjork

The way I read this thread:
- log on
- click on thread at newest page
- go back one page

Nothing between the last time I was on and the top of the page beforehand exists.

Recall

So according to this thread Rollins is shit, Owens is shit (because he is fat") and Daniel Bryan was shit because reasons. Kane is shit, Big Show is shit, Orton is shit, Cena is Cena and anyone pushed to the top is shit. Though we know for certain that the WWE thinks nothing of Cesaro or Ambrose so their fates are sealed.

What the hell are you actually watching WWE for? What are you waiting for? What is actually captivating?

Every week RAW is bad, has been for 13 years and when you ask why they watch a show that is summarised by a single sentence 30 seconds before each PPV thst they repeatedly claim to hate, you have to think that everyone is fucking crazy.

The best WWE product is NXT and everything else in the WWE universe is hot garbage. Also the people who will buy WWE 2K16 are the same insane folk who watch Raw every week yet don't know why.

Another fine post complaining about people complaining.

In other news, I am working on getting a way to watch Lucha Underground from the start. So if all works out this Monday I'll be skipping RAW and doing that instead. Happy?

Nekofrog

Banned

After going through the most frightening ordeal for a masked wrestler, Juventud found nothing but encouragement when he walked back through the curtain.

“The first guy to hug me and say, ‘Juvi, you’re amazing,’ was Scott Hall,” he said. “He told me that look I gave the camera means a lot, it’s who you are. He told me that I was going to be something special and not to worry that I lost the mask.”

scott hall was such a beast backstage. he really got it.

Sephzilla

Why watch a product where all people do is hate on it?

Everyone says raw is shit which it is so why are people still watching it?

Some people enjoy watching terrible shit. That's why Transformers movies make so much money and why the Chicago Cubs still exist.

Caderfix

Well fuck me. I guess I have to go watch that, all I know about LU is any time it was on this thread turned into MAN LU IS SO GOOD posts with zero info.

The Juice is too pretty a man to hide under a mask.

Things start good, then they get better thanks to "La Raza". Everything is fast, even the big dudes can move. The little story thingy is actually good, the production quality is great and there are very few botched moves.

I'll post this again, because, well, look at that:
tumblr_nn9ej7d5VF1snhdpvo1_500.gif

I, for the most part, enjoy RAW. I enjoy it as it's meant to be enjoyed for me, background noise while posting and taking care of other shit.

The only thing I'm down on is Rollins as champ and even then it's enjoyable to see him get treated like shit and people up in arms about it.

Top Bottom