• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Sephzilla

Why?

you-can-t-handle-the-truth-o.gif

Because it's some stupid meta-smark shit made up just to get people screaming and yelling at each other. The only people who actually believe any of the crap in that image are the worst kind of wrestling fans, and are an extreme minority, and the only people who believe that image is an actual reflection of wrestling fans are just as full of shit.

klonere

Banned
The way I read this thread:
- log on
- click on thread at newest page
- go back one page

Nothing between the last time I was on and the top of the page beforehand exists.

When it comes to LU its best that people don't go telling you specifics IMO. It's a TV show with a plot and the joy of watching it is in the twists and turns that the characters take. Here's the 3 points I think that make it

- TV-novella style backstage segments. Very unique in wrestling and builds great characters
- Matches are shot using a huge amount of cameras, giving a more movie like feel to them.
- Recognizable character archetypes that are all done with their own twist.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, just TASTING that Grave Consequences match is such a sobering reminder and painful loss that LU is done for the year. So goddamned amazing. Can't wait for Season 2.

Recall

52 episodes of RAW a year. 52. On average 3 episodes are considered worth watching each year.

Yet no one is able to say why they watch it each week because after reading the posts that appear during and after the show on here it seems there is never a reason to watch yet people still do. It is quite perplexing.

Why are you tuning in? Why? No one can ever seem to answer it beyond shrugging their shoulders.

Aiii

So not worth it
52 episodes of RAW a year. 52. On average 3 episodes are considered worth watching each year.

Yet no one is able to say why they watch it each week because after reading the posts that appear during and after the show on here it seems there is never a reason to watch yet people still do. It is quite perplexing.

Why are you tuning in? Why?

I am not. So aren't many others. Also there is no hive mind opinion of which wrestler people enjoy and which one they do not. Stop arguing this point, it is dumb.

Sephzilla

I wanna see the receipts.gif

Why are you tuning in? Why?

Because a bad thing can have a good moment or two within it - like how Man of Steel was mediocre as fuck but the fight in Smallville was hype as hell. The last few Raws have been bad, but New Day has been the bright spot in it. Also, for what it's worth, I haven't been tuning into Raw at all. I catch the New Day bits afterwards.

Recall

El Samurai vs Koji Kanemoto Best of Super Juniors 97 Final is still the greatest piece of story telling in a Japanese junior heavyweight setting. 1997 was the final year of the golden era of junior heavyweight wrestling before its brief return to form in 2003.

Hex

Banned
Can't spare a single minute of a 3 hour Raw for a good man like Titus no sir, beaten by the New Day 3 weeks ago and haven't been seen since, great use of talent that was really starting to get over.

That's what gets me the hottest about WWE: misuse of fine, talented, hard-working people who could have a place on the show if you just tried.

They really weren't getting over imo.
They were terrible when on the mic with the announcers, and aside from their walk out pop with the dance the crowd really was nothing special for them.
I would personally like to see a serious singles run for Titus

bjork

Things start good, then they get better thanks to "La Raza". Everything is fast, even the big dudes can move. The little story thingy is actually good, the production quality is great and there are very few botched moves.

I'll post this again, because, well, look at that:
tumblr_nn9ej7d5VF1snhdpvo1_500.gif

But see, this looks dumb to me in the context of a wrestling show. I was never about big spots. I'll still give it a look, though.

thundercats, like all 80s cartoons, stops being watchable once the intro finishes.

I really like the world of Thundercats. Maybe the remake shitted it up or something, I never watched that. But the original was pulling such random characters and stuff that I always liked it. That Mandora the Evil Chaser, I tell you what.

dream

I have infinite respect for BoboBrazil and UberTag, whom having realized that WWE is never going to get better, simply decided to stop watching the shows. They don't spam "Cena Wins LOL" images. They don't complain about the "Divas Revolution." They don't hold up "Cesaro Section" signs. They just don't watch, which gives them a position of moral superiority to make fun of the people who do all of the above.

I wanna see the receipts.gif

Because a bad thing can have a good moment or two within it - like how Man of Steel was mediocre as fuck but the fight in Smallville was hype as hell. The last few Raws have been bad, but New Day has been the bright spot in it. Also, for what it's worth, I haven't been tuning into Raw at all. I catch the New Day bits afterwards.
Man even Man of Steel isn't 3 hours long

PInk Tape

Banned
"I don't like scrolling so pls stop posting stuff about other wrestling promotions."

lol. There's more to wrestling than just WWE.

Some people enjoy watching terrible shit. That's why Transformers movies make so much money and why the Chicago Cubs still exist.

Tbf, the Cubs haven't been the worst playing team this year.

The build up for Edge was awesome. 8 years in the making and he finally wins the big gold. I wonder if he didn't suffer the neck injury would he have gotten the gold earlier

I have infinite respect for BoboBrazil and UberTag, whom having realized that WWE is never going to get better, simply decided to stop watching the shows. They don't spam "Cena Wins LOL" images. They don't complain about the "Divas Revolution." They don't hold up "Cesaro Section" signs. They just don't watch, which gives them a position of moral superiority to make fun of the people who do all of the above.

Are you talking about fox318?

The build up for Edge was awesome. 8 years in the making and he finally wins the big gold. I wonder if he didn't suffer the neck injury would he have gotten the gold earlier

I don't know, it was kind of messed up to me. The feud with Matt Hardy was cut off at the knees, Edge wins with MITB (which has always sucked), he had a shit first reign that didn't last a month, and was knocked down into the midcard for a year afterward.

PInk Tape

Banned
Well yeah, they need to win the World Series in order to hold up that Back to the Future 2 canon. But the Cubs have been shit for a long time

I agree. My family are huge Cubs stans so yeah.. I know. This is the first time that I've actually invested any time into watching them because It doesn't feel like a huge waste of time.

Sephzilla

I agree. My family are huge Cub stans so yeah.. I know. This is the first time that I've actually invested any time into watching them because It doesn't feel like a huge waste of time.

And I like to think I can properly evaluate what a shit baseball team is because I'm a Brewers fan. (Thank Christ the Packers exist or Wisconsin sports would suck)

What was the best PPV from 2000? I don't remember much from that year. But I'm watching backlash. I kinda want watch Fully Loaded or Judgement Day.

Top Bottom