• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Zach

Disappointed that my boys Gable and JJ lost, but I was very happy with the straight-forward tournament conclusion.

Asuka was predictably great. Glad she didn't disappoint. Cannot wait to see more.

Bayley/Sasha was great. Not quite as good as the first match, but it was effective.

All in all, another great NXT special.

LU season 1 came out?

Wait what? How

I don't know, but on an unrelated subject the internet is a wonderful place

bootleg-dvds.jpg

like how you can find images of people selling bootlegs on the street

somedevil

James Storm possible role on NXT:

Regarding James Storm possibly being at NXT Takeover tonight, PWInsider confirmed he was indeed backstage. As noted, Storm has had talks with WWE officials about a player-coach type of role in NXT.

Sephzilla

Asuka looked like a goddamn star tonight. I want Asuka vs Banks already. Also I have to say Dana Brooke's in-ring work is improving at a really good rate.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Swing and a miss that LU isn't on physical media and/or the streaming services with season 2 coming.

Sad thing is they're the smallest of time so that begging to Netflix/Amazon/Hulu just doesn't work. Retro Game Master tried the same thing when they asked western fans where they should look for streaming options and they got laughed out of negotiations.

Sephzilla

She's better every time I see her. Still obnoxious, but that's the point, yeah?

She's had the obnoxious heel character down pretty much the moment she showed up. She understands the character part of the business really well for someone as green as her, which is why I think she'll have some longevity.

On that note, I'm not a big fan of Baron Corbin yet however I like the "fuck this shit" heel persona he's developing. And his in ring stuff is showing signs of improval.

Skikkiks

The greatest takeaway from this weeks observer

scoopz said:
The other was the Bound for Glory secret third announcer. This was mostly Pope’s doing, saying there would be a secret third announcer on the show who had never done a broadcast before. There ended up not being a third announcer. The payoff is supposed to be that it was a Pope action figure that he brought to the desk.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you go to the main roster they should just make you vacate the title. It feels weird having the champion go to the "big leagues," but then have to go back and drop the title to a minor leaguer and then inevitably lose the rematch since they're not coming back to NXT.

Sephzilla

If you go to the main roster they should just make you vacate the title. It feels weird having the champion go to the "big leagues," but then have to go back and drop the title to a minor leaguer and then inevitably lose the rematch since they're not coming back to NXT.

Put over someone on your way out is basically an old territory mentality, and honestly it's a good one to have

I really liked the show.

Only grabbed some gifs from the main event and of course Asuka's debut:

The ironman match didn't quite have the snappy pacing that the first match did, but shit if every spot in this match after the ten minute mark didn't feel gifable.

The huggerz are kinda creepy but its cool to see fans into things, yeah?

Sasha did some real ass old school heel work.

9 MB gif, linking this one

loved seeing the roster at the end, "congratulations!"

I'll let other intrepid members of wrasslegaf grab other moments. Smell ya later!

Trips give Bayley Flowers, gonna link this one too (14 MB)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Put over someone on your way out is basically an old territory mentality, and honestly it's a good one to have
Yeah but the difference is that in 1980s WWF they didn't actually acknowledge that you put some other dude over on WWF television.

Just watched the Iron Woman match without you guys in the background for the first time in awhile. I thought the entire thing was tremendous!

WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK?!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So the Rush/La Sombra face off resulted in La Sombra and Rush attempting to put each other over. La Sombra lays down and asks Rush to pin him and then Rush pulls him up, lays down, and asks La Sombra to pin him.

Vintage Kevin Nash fans

Sephzilla

Bluetista wasn't chanted I think, just trended on twitter.

I could be wrong.

The only time it ever got chanted was during a non-TV NXT segment when Batista showed up and did a thing with Bo Dallas. And that only lasted for like 5 seconds.

Edit: The crowd chanting "you fucked up!" after Dana slapped Asuka was great too

Heel

The only time it ever got chanted was during a non-TV NXT segment when Batista showed up and did a thing with Bo Dallas. And that only lasted for like 5 seconds.

Truly an amazing clip, as Batista rendered the Full Sail crowd completely toothless within minutes by mocking their indy snob behavior. He effectively held up a mirror to the crowd and they saw what they were.

Sephzilla

Truly an amazing clip, as Batista rendered the Full Sail crowd completely toothless within minutes by mocking their indy snob behavior. He effectively held up a mirror to the crowd and they saw what they were.

I know you're just gimmick posting (trolling). Batista was laughing and the crowd was having fun. You're blinded by your irrational Full Sail bias.

Edit - Just watched the Asuka match again. God damn that jumping cross arm bar she did was beautiful

Wandered off into the OT thread and maaaaaaaaaaan, new lows have been sunk tonight.

This Table for 3 is FASCINATING btw. Owens, Cesaro, Ambrose are quite the journeymen.

Heel

I know you're just gimmick posting (trolling). Batista was laughing and the crowd was having fun. You're blinded by your irrational Full Sail bias.

Edit - Just watched the Asuka match again. God damn that jumping cross arm bar she did was beautiful

I'm saying what I think, Sephzilla. I'm not going to let you belittle my opinion because you disagree.

Hell, he's on record saying his return was soured by the chanting.

Sephzilla

I suddenly have a hard time getting excited for Nia Jax after Asuka's debut

I'm saying what I think, Sephzilla. I'm not going to let you belittle my opinion because you disagree.

Hell, he's on record saying his return was soured by the chanting.

He returned like 4 months before Bluetista was ever a thing.

Top Bottom