• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Heel

I suddenly have a hard time getting excited for Nia Jax after Asuka's debut

He returned like 4 months before Bluetista was ever a thing.

During an interview with DC101, Batista talked about all this when the subject of the live audience was brought up and his take on the situation is really something:

"It's really gotten weird, man. The TV audience now, they do things, to me, that just don't make any sense. Like they'll start these chants that have absolutely nothing to do with the show. But they don't do that on house shows, you know, it's different. The best way I can put it is like now our television audience, the people who actually come to the televised show, they used to want to watch the show, they used to want to participate, now it's like they want to be the show. It's just really strange and it doesn't really make sense and sometimes I think they miss out on what's actually happening because they're so concerned about chanting stuff that has something to do with something they read on the Internet or they just want to have a lot more control of the show. I think they're selling themselves short because they're missing out on what's going on.

"It's a whole show that they're missing out on. I love that they love Daniel Bryan, it's great. He deserves all of his success. But at the same time, we can't have 16 segments of Daniel Bryan. They would be getting bored really fast. He's a star on the show, he's going to be out there eventually. If you chant his name through every other match that's going on... it's just... they're missing out."

I have to agree with Batista completely here. I wish I could find the interview where he effectively says he regrets his return.

I suddenly have a hard time getting excited for Nia Jax after Asuka's debut

I think she'll be (another) great shakeup.

Actually think its gonna be hilarious to see Eva Marie buy her way to the top and snake out of losing to these awesome women performers. I want to see how NXT handles a real chickenshit heel.

Sephzilla

During an interview with DC101, Batista talked about all this when the subject of the live audience was brought up and his take on the situation is really something:

"It's really gotten weird, man. The TV audience now, they do things, to me, that just don't make any sense. Like they'll start these chants that have absolutely nothing to do with the show. But they don't do that on house shows, you know, it's different. The best way I can put it is like now our television audience, the people who actually come to the televised show, they used to want to watch the show, they used to want to participate, now it's like they want to be the show. It's just really strange and it doesn't really make sense and sometimes I think they miss out on what's actually happening because they're so concerned about chanting stuff that has something to do with something they read on the Internet or they just want to have a lot more control of the show. I think they're selling themselves short because they're missing out on what's going on.

"It's a whole show that they're missing out on. I love that they love Daniel Bryan, it's great. He deserves all of his success. But at the same time, we can't have 16 segments of Daniel Bryan. They would be getting bored really fast. He's a star on the show, he's going to be out there eventually. If you chant his name through every other match that's going on... it's just... they're missing out."

This has nothing to do with Bluetista and has everything to do with the fact that they booed the shit out of Batista because he wasn't Daniel Bryan. It also has a lot to do with the main TV product being stale as fuck. Bluetista didn't happen until his last match in WWE

Batista also saying "you cant have 16 segments of Daniel Bryan" makes me really think he missed the point as to why he got booed and people wanted Bryan

I'm just going to try and stick to complaining about wrestling with you guys. The money might not be all there, but yanno.. it's a surefire job and I love the people I work with. It puts a roof over my head, food on the table and illegally acquired anime on my computer.

I feel like my hero, Shane Douglas

Sephzilla

Seriously though Freckle, you're good people. I'd hate it if you got perm'd. Be careful out there (especially if you go to Gaming Side, that place is vicious if you dont agree with the masses)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have to agree with Batista completely here. I wish I could find the interview where he effectively says he regrets his return.

I mean, I can imagine that given all he did after the rumble was eat pins in place of Randy Orton, he probably did.

PInk Tape

Banned
Welcome back Freck <3

I denounce FF4 and 6 every chance I get, and like John Cena I'M STILL HERE

You got snitch powers tho

yk585u2.gif

Seriously though Freckle, you're good people. I'd hate it if you got perm'd. Be careful out there (especially if you go to Gaming Side, that place is vicious if you dont agree with the masses)

You've always been a good guy, Seph. I need to gather some emails and skypes from ya'll because I legit want to keep in touch should the worst ever happen to any of us.

Freckle, you're good people. You can always have a spot here.

Just not mine.

You can keep your spot in the gym selling merch from your golden days, old man.

Oh, welcome back Freck.

I STILL GOT IT -clapclap clapclapclap-

Freckle, you're good people. You can always have a spot here.

Just not mine.

You better watch your back. I'm coming for your spot, old man.

Professor Beef
Total Posts: 57,872 (28.50 posts per day)

DMczaf
Total Posts: 71,831 (17.35 posts per day)
i read this in Cena's voice and laughed harder than i probably should have. thank you

Wsj37ka.gif

Sephzilla

You better watch your back. I'm coming for your spot, old man.

Professor Beef
Total Posts: 57,872 (28.50 posts per day)

DMczaf
Total Posts: 71,831 (17.35 posts per day)

Sephzilla
Total Posts: 23,071 (23.87 posts per day)

You old men better put me over on your way out, I'm clearly the up and coming talent around here. I'm ready, willing, and Gable, to take WrassleGAF into the next generation

Heel

This has nothing to do with Bluetista and has everything to do with the fact that they booed the shit out of Batista because he wasn't Daniel Bryan. It also has a lot to do with the main TV product being stale as fuck. Bluetista didn't happen until his last match in WWE

Batista also saying "you cant have 16 segments of Daniel Bryan" makes me really think he missed the point as to why he got booed and people wanted Bryan

He mentions the chanting, not booing. I'm sure he was perturbed with the booing, though. Needy Daniel Bryan fans had nothing to do with him or his return.

Perhaps now you can see that he wasn't just having fun with the crowd, and is likely to find them genuinely insufferable.

Lothar

Banned
John Cena is FF7.

Definitely not. Cena is FF13. A game that no one wants to play but has been around in the main event for 10 years.

Stone Cold is FF7. The Rock is FFX. Triple H is FF9. (Slow and boring battles/matches)

What wrestler is a bad broken clusterfuck that could be FF8?

Sephzilla

He mentions the chanting, not booing. I'm sure he was perturbed with the booing, though. Needy Daniel Bryan fans had nothing to do with him or his return.

Perhaps now you can see that he wasn't just having fun with the crowd, and is likely to find them genuinely insufferable.

by the time bluetista and the NXT bit happened he probably didn't give a shit because he was already out the door and on his way to that Guardians money

Definitely not. Cena is FF13. A game that no one wants to play but has been around in the main event for 10 years.

Stone Cold is FF7. The Rock is FFX. Triple H is FF9. (Slow and boring battles/matches)

Nash's quads

Fox318

I'm losing my fast ball :(

I still got another 11 years left in me!
MbcGCgq.png

First of all, I wanna apologize. I'd like to apologize to all my fans over in Germany. I'd like to apologize to all my fans over in Great Britain. Actually, I like to apologize to all my fans all over Europe. All over Japan and the far east. I like to apologize to my fans in the middle east. All the way as far down as South Africa. And I especially like to apologize for all my great fans in Canada. And to you, my great fans across the United States of America, to you I apologize for nothing! You know, it seems real strange to me that no matter how much I try that when I beat Professor Beef to a bloody pulp, I thought to myself, no matter how much I win, when I walked back to the dressing room. The way you American fans treat me across the United States of America, I feel like I lost. I mean I took a gutless creep like Professor Beef and beat him to a bloody pulp even though he knows and you all know that he lost, you cheer him on the way back to the dressing room like he won!

Sephzilla

Henry should have got a one month reign out if that

That is legitimately one of my favorite swerves ever and it was way better than anything that year of WWE deserved. Henry going on what was basically a 10 minute long retirement speech all just to lay out Cena was amazing.

Heel

by the time bluetista and the NXT bit happened he probably didn't give a shit because he was already out the door and on his way to that Guardians money

So we've gone from "you're projecting your hatred for the audience" to "he probably didn't give a shit by then".

I think we've established that Batista himself had a hatred for the audience, and was projecting some legitimate gripes onto the Full Sail crowd as he left with his fuck money.

I'd like an apology, Seph.

Sephzilla

So we've gone from "you're projecting your hatred for the audience" to "he probably didn't give a shit by then".

I think we've established that Batista himself had a hatred for the audience, and was projecting some legitimate gripes onto the Full Sail crowd as he left with his fuck money.

I'd like an apology, Seph.

You're still doing a massive amount of projecting. If he had a legit hatred for the audience why would he even agree to go visit NXT?

Heel

You're still doing a massive amount of projecting. If he had a legit hatred for the audience why would he even agree to go visit NXT?

Do you think it's possible Batista enjoys the craft of wrestling and not the participation of the audience? Do you think it's more likely he was there for the boys, or for the fans that had done nothing but heckle him since his return?

Shadow780

HBK is FF7 (GOAT), Bret Hart is FF6 (overrated).

dream

Do you think it's possible Batista enjoys the craft of wrestling and not the participation of the audience? Do you think it's more likely he was there for the boys, or for the fans that had done nothing but heckle him since his return?

I think it's also possible that he was there to show the hypocrisy of the Full Sail fans. This is a fanbase that prides themselves on being "smart," and not cheering for "superstars." But we all know they'd lose their minds if John Cena ever stepped out on stage.

Just like they did for Batista.

Heel

I think it's also possible that he was there to show the hypocrisy of the Full Sail fans. This is a fanbase that prides themselves on being "smart," and not cheering for "superstars." But we all know they'd lose their minds if John Cena ever stepped out on stage.

Just like they did for Batista.

I think the best part is when Batista freely admits that picking up a microphone in front of wrestling fans is "his worst nightmare." His words, not mine, Sephzilla.

Striker

I don't know, it was kind of messed up to me. The feud with Matt Hardy was cut off at the knees, Edge wins with MITB (which has always sucked), he had a shit first reign that didn't last a month, and was knocked down into the midcard for a year afterward.
Feuding with nu-DX and Foley isn't like feuding with Carlito or Shelton Benjamin. He was fine. They were hastily pushing Umaga at some point that year, too.

Top Bottom