• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Teeth

He did

aikpo.gif

aomep.gif
Brock, always workin' safe.

If that's Suzuki vs. Styles from last year's G1 like I think it is, it's worth watching it with Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett's commentary from NJPW on AXS. I can't remember if they had to cut the match down (which would have been a shame), but Ranallo and Barnett did well on commentary, as you'd expect.

If that's Suzuki vs. Styles from last year's G1 like I think it is, it's worth watching it with Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett's commentary from NJPW on AXS. I can't remember if they had to cut the match down (which would have been a shame), but Ranallo and Barnett did well on commentary, as you'd expect.

yep think i have it on the DVR.

going to be cool to hear them call WK9

NXT tapings tonight. Very excited.

Also, SmackDown. which is a thing that exists and is aired.

I should probably find time to watch that Okada vs. Strong match from last night's ROH.

klonere

Banned
I'm at the point where everything is fake bullshit, so I need something that takes extreme coordination or athleticism to entertain me. It's all Cirque du Soliel to me, so it might as well be fantastical, impressive Cirque.

Like, every move necessitates ridiculous crap, aside from the strikes. All the kicks look like ass where a dude lifts his leg and the other guy runs into his foot. The chops are a joke. The punches look like baby tussles (except when Roman throws a Superman Punch, but because of the way it's done, he has to miss by a mile, so it's a catch 22). Everyone watches victims brace an arm on a vertical suplex. Purposely step up to the top rope and jump to take a super slam. Fucking IRISH WHIP WHICH MAKES NO SENSE.

Might as well make it a fantastic dance. It's already 95% of the way there.

EDIT:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why not just have Brock straight up ground and pound somebody for real? He could probably dislocate their jaw. We'd all be cheering, right? I mean, if you think this gif is cool, you'd probably love that.

Well all I can say is that we are coming from completely different places when it comes to what we want out of wrestling. I groan at stupid needless backflips everything is a kip up twenty suicide dives kick out of superplexs suplex to the outside indie tastic bullshit.

You see, if Brock was shooting, if he wanted to break Cena's jaw or whatever it'd probably be a lot like his fights with Muir which was incredibly fucking boring to my eyes. In wrasslin you can set spots up like that Tana/Shibata strike to look amazing and painful at the same time. Not saying that there aren't spectacular spinning punches and big kick knockouts in UFC but the ability for wrestling to present it as something more spectacular is far greater.

NXT tapings tonight. Very excited.

Also, SmackDown. which is a thing that exists and is aired.

I should probably find time to watch that Okada vs. Strong match from last night's ROH.

was just about to post IT!!

ROH TV from last night: great tag mtch between briscoes and time splitters and an amazing Okada/Strong Match.

the gaunlet match has the worse part, doenst have Dalton Castle amazing babyface run.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Cagey

Banned
I believe that, baby girl.

Finn makes me feel terrible about myself because he's a constant reminder of what I could look like if I had monk-like discipline and a carbohydrate allergy. Instead, I cut and bulk the same 10 pounds from now until eternity. Because I am a bro.

Ground and pound + suplex Brock is the most compelling match in wrestling today. Real feats of strength and 'real' fighting combined with positioning him as a mythical beast of impossible strength and speed.

I just have to say that whenever I have a bad day I come to this community and you guys make my day. Never change warassle GAF, love you all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kay Jutler? What a terrible spoonerism.

Wow, Tulsa didn't even TRY with their Steel Rage poster this week.

12106964_966020763460295_1298097983828873915_n.jpg

Hell of a claim that this show will present the very best professional wrestling live after TakeOver: Respect and the upcoming King of Pro Wrestling 2015, but I have faith in Impact Pro Wrestling.

Wait, nothing good can come from a company calling itself "Impact...Wrestling."

#IndyPosterThursday

CO58BHgVEAA5vsz.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that's a cool-ass poster. I'll dig up something here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Superstar had such awesome arms. Goddamn pal, vascularity, etc etc

ZwE3TuU.png

This is cracking me up though
22Ceiiy.png

Ithil

Come back in ten years, they can do the "rookie Steve Austin turns on his mentor Chris Adams" story with Izzy and Bayley.

Top Bottom