• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ditching JBL entirely and moving Graves up to main-roster commentary cannot happen soon enough.

Hear hear. Graves still has room to grow, but I have no doubt he's going to be one of the best commentators WWE has very soon. He's not as vanilla as their usuals, and nowhere near as abrasive as the others.

Fox318

Byron Saxton was alright down in NXT, Vince will ruin Graves too by yelling in his ears the whole show

I will disagree on the Saxton point but Graves would get destroyed up on the main roster with 7 people in his ear including vince.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Papa Shango AND The Godfather?
revisedhhlynn-383x629.jpg

klonere

Banned
Byron Saxton was alright down in NXT, Vince will ruin Graves too by yelling in his ears the whole show

The change in Saxton from NXT to Raw is shocking. He actually had emotions and formed complete sentences, one after another last night!

Aiii

So not worth it
I saw this on my local indie facebook
11027486_846929725361061_929895588360186593_n.jpg

No, they cheer for them because they are great wrestlers.

Nobody gives a fuck about your flabby ass wrestlers that can't even do a proper clothesline without stumbling over their own feet, local indie fed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any interest I had was gone when she did those topless photos.

Let's just say her and Cesaro got something in common

I didn't know that. I'm curious now. Off I go.

EDIT: You'll hear no complaints out of me. It's all good.

Do you think we'll get another influx of Japanese talent once Vince learns about Minions and asks to bring in "a bunch of those funny little yellow guys"?

Oh, I thought we were just doing BAD indy posters...because I don't think either one of those is bad.

I like Inspire Pro's new poster for their first ever Tag Team Title tourney:

TAGGCADE-WEB-3-663x1024.png

But I'm biased...

But holy shit, how can you not be biased for a company that names a tourney TAGGCADE, with two Gs just because why not two Gs, and names their tag titles the "Twin Dragon Connection" just because, hey, why not?

Wrote a bit about piracy and stuff;

On GIFs, piracy & puroresu

Oh, I thought we were just doing BAD indy posters...because I don't think either one of those is bad.

I'd run out of bad BritWres posters last week, there isn't enough turnover!

But I'm biased...

But holy shit, how can you not be biased for a company that names a tourney TAGGCADE, with two Gs just because why not two Gs, and names their tag titles the "Twin Dragon Connection" just because, hey, why not?

That's beautiful, big fan of the 1980's neon fever-dream style that's been in vogue more recently.

But I'm biased...

Wife and I are going down to Austin the last week of October, and we're flying back on the evening of TAGGCADE. Super bummed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In this 6 old man indie tag I just watched, Dr Wagner hit Canek in the dick with a chair.

Taker's still got a lot to learn

Inspire Pro would be lovely if they had better production, and Brandon Stroud wasn't a lifedonkey

I'm mostly in agreement with you on the Stroud. But he is a perfectly fine ring announcer, and the production has improved a lot over the past few months.

The new Battlewars2 show looks pretty great for an indy. New production company doing the video, doing a four-camera shoot, (which is crazy for an indy) and the whole building was re-lit. And there isn't much Stroud on Battlewars 2 either. The backstage interviews kinda look like an acid trip, but at least you can see and hear everybody fine.

This is what Inspire Pro looks like on the new BattleWars VOD, (Forgive the crappy screenshots...it looks even better in motion):

D1fXQqu.jpg

0CviuWF.jpg

I'd say that's equal to or better than most indy promotions out there. It's perfectly fine for watching the wrestling action. Hell, it looks better than most ROH house show tapings lighting-wise, with their crappy lighting trees, and most ROH shows are only two or three camera productions.

I'm guessing it's an allusion to Starrcade.

Yeah, Their head writer is a huge fan of old Southern wrestling and WCW.

I'd run out of bad BritWres posters last week, there isn't enough turnover!

That's beautiful, big fan of the 1980's neon fever-dream style that's been in vogue more recently.

Texas is second only to Mississippi in really bad posters in really crappy small promotions I think. But there are some "big city" promotions that are pretty shocking too...

Wife and I are going down to Austin the last week of October, and we're flying back on the evening of TAGGCADE. Super bummed.

Bummer. It should be a good one. Lots of good stuff on the horizon for Inspire Pro...

oh wow, I didn't realize that was in Austin. I'll go check the show out.

Man, you have been missing out. BattleWars2 was a few weekends ago, and that's the big cross-promotion show featuring Chikara Pro . It was AMAZING, if you like a bit of comedy with your wrestling.

klonere

Banned
If it wasn't for Boots gifs I probably wouldn't have subbed to PROGRESS or NJPW World. Or checked out half the crazy old Japanese deathmatch stuff.

New Inspire stuff looks OK. Four cams is nice, as long as the cameramen are good.

Indy lighting is what it is. It's usually bad, but house lights are always worse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can say hands down that jiffing shows is a BIG part of what pushes me to watch the whole show. I never see a jiff and think it's done, and I don't want to see the story behind it. Fuck spots. I'm not crazy about just that. You can't convey context and story in a jiff. I realize not everyone is like me and some people are only watching for the spots, and I agree with Boots that people who feel like they don't need to watch it after seeing the spots? They probably weren't going to pay for your shit anyway.

I'll check it out, thanks! Better late then never, eh?

Oh yeah. Absolutely. It's a fun and playful indy. Taggcade won't give you too much of a taste of Inspire Pro's singles wrestling scene, or the women, which are a really important part of the show, (since it's going to be packed with Tag Matches for the most part) but you'll get to see a lot of wrestling, and get a feel for the vibe of the crowd. If you've been to a lot of indy shows in the past, you'll also appreciate that the building is a really nice theater, with a full bar, and real pizza, and not a total dump!

I can say hands down that jiffing shows is a BIG part of what pushes me to watch the whole show. I never see a jiff and think it's done, and I don't want to see the story behind it. Fuck spots. I'm not crazy about just that. You can't convey context and story in a jiff. I realize not everyone is like me and some people are only watching for the spots, and I agree with Boots that people who feel like they don't need to watch it after seeing the spots? They probably weren't going to pay for your shit anyway.

Me too. Boots' twitter feed has turned me onto, or simply REMINDED ME OF, so many shows I should watch. I consider it a service to these shows. I definitely watch more stuff because I saw a few spots from them than not.

Heel

Sure, but no one's fooled by the carny game of posting GIFs literally within moments of them happening to social media in a desperate search for internet kudos. It's actually kind of weird, and a legitimate gripe for anyone producing content.

If it's really about "promoting" something you enjoy, consider waiting a little longer than 20 seconds to do so. I'm certainly not fooled.

JlkNBMk.png

FBG8jzJ.png

For being such a small company, I think these look decent (apart from Havok being centre stage...can't believe they're still booking that piece of trash).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, but no one's fooled by the carny game of posting GIFs literally within moments of them happening to social media in a desperate search for internet kudos. It's actually kind of weird, and a legitimate gripe for anyone producing content.

If it's really about "promoting" something you enjoy, consider waiting a little longer than 20 seconds to do so. I'm certainly not fooled.

I don't see any issue with it. Is it a way to grab new people and get your shit RTed? Sure. It feels good. But it's fine.

If you follow Boots, you know he is going to be the first out there with a great quality jiff of highlights. And there ain't nothin' wrong with that, dadday.

On top of that, if you don't do it, some other motherfucker will, and probably have a shitty framerate and that's the one that gets passed around.

Top Bottom