• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Heel

I will never tweet a gif again during a show.

Also Heel is just being retarded, the promotions do it themselves now

The promotions are attempting to promote themselves and their social media accounts, just as these dudes hovering over their capture cards are doing: Promoting themselves and their social media accounts, getting some weird thrill out of their retweets and follower count.

"Being retarded?" Bronson, maybe you don't remember, but I was the only one defending you against the constant "wee" jokes slung your way. Keep my name out of your mouth from here on out.

Yep. Hell, I know more than a few promotions that are talking about doing Periscope and shit too.

Yeah, Dojo Wars and Superkick'd have done some. I'm really not sold on Periscope. I love live presentations (I produced the CHIKARA PreShowAGoGos solo), but those at least had some quality to them.

Bronson, maybe you don't remember, but I was the only one defending you against the constant "wee" jokes slung your way. Keep my name out of your mouth from here on out.

I don't remember because it never happened, mothafucka

Can't stop won't stop *shimmies*

Heel

I don't remember because it never happened, mothafucka

Can't stop won't stop *shimmies*

I distinctly remember you being on the verge of leaving due to being berated with "wee" jokes, and me being the only person defending you and admonishing the behavior.

That's okay though, continue on with the gimmick posting.

This is one of those days where the inability to create playlists on the WWE Network stinks. I'd love to see Bayley and Sasha's feud from the start, and building a playlist with their matches would be perfect. But nope, can't do that.

Caderfix

I just heard about Global Force Wrestling and decided to look it up. All I could find is that it has a deal with a lot of promotions world wide and a lot of things tinking it to TNA.

Is it just a TNA thing or is it actually a thing of it's own?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of those days where the inability to create playlists on the WWE Network stinks. I'd love to see Bayley and Sasha's feud from the start, and building a playlist with their matches would be perfect. But nope, can't do that.

I liked what they did with the Cinco de Mayo special (cism blindness notwithstanding) but yeah, it would be good to get a playlist.

I think it'd also be really smart of them to make "Superstar Playlists" where one person curates their list of some of their most influential stuff.

Heel

Nope, left because wrestling stuff potentially got in the way, y'all ain't shit

FallingEdge was the only one to meet up with me in NY for NJPW/ROH, because he's a legit giant

That's okay, Bronson. You can forget about me being the only one defending you around here, because it won't be happening from here on out. You can go fr*ck yourself, pal.

(wrestling move)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
**Mark Henry recently spoke to Philly.com about his near 20 years with the WWE and gave an indication that his retirement in coming up, and plans to call it a career shortly after next year’s WrestleMania:

I don’t know how I let Vince convince me into signing another contract back in 2013. He did a bit of magic. He’s got that magic where you just go in the office and he’ll talk you into it. I won’t be signing any more contracts. I’m an elder statesman. This is a young guy business and I’m 100 percent for it. I love the marketing process. I love the international marketing. I love the talent development, but those are all things I’ll work with the company on to make sure that our business continues to thrive, but there’s a bunch of other stuff that I plan on doing.

**WWE Diva Rosa Mendes posted that she is now engaged to boyfriend Bobby Schubenski. The engagement occurred in Paris, where the Divas are taping the next season of Total Divas and the engagement could be part of the next season.

Good Rosa news for that one guy who was upset he didn't know who the father was.

I just heard about Global Force Wrestling and decided to look it up. All I could find is that it has a deal with a lot of promotions, world wide and a lot of things tinking it to TNA.

Is it just a TNA thing or is it actually a thing of it's own?

It's an independent promotion that's taping TV shows and touring minor league baseball stadiums even though it doesn't have a US TV deal. It does have a UK TV deal.

The idea is to have partnerships with promotions around the world so it has access to a diverse selection of talent, but then it has the brilliant idea of presenting a team called The Akbars in 2015.
the-akbars.jpg

**Mark Henry recently spoke to Philly.com about his near 20 years with the WWE and gave an indication that his retirement in coming up, and plans to call it a career shortly after next year’s WrestleMania:

I don’t know how I let Vince convince me into signing another contract back in 2013. He did a bit of magic. He’s got that magic where you just go in the office and he’ll talk you into it. I won’t be signing any more contracts. I’m an elder statesman. This is a young guy business and I’m 100 percent for it. I love the marketing process. I love the international marketing. I love the talent development, but those are all things I’ll work with the company on to make sure that our business continues to thrive, but there’s a bunch of other stuff that I plan on doing.

Henry could be a great face for the company. It's a damned shame he didn't get one more title run after turning on Cena after that fake retirement announcement.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mark Henry's HoF bound, no doubt. Deserves it for multiple reasons. Wish his Hall of Pain had one more run.

I'm the most legit person in the world! What's my gimmick, minority?

Also, really weird that Philly.com is doing all of these wrestling interviews now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm the most legit person in the world! What's my gimmick, minority?

Also, really weird that Philly.com is doing all of these wrestling interviews now

Carny city. Carny reporting.

Mark Henry gave their newspaper a World's Strongest Slam, if they still have one.

It's an independent promotion that's taping TV shows and touring minor league baseball stadiums even though it doesn't have a US TV deal. It does have a UK TV deal.

The idea is to have partnerships with promotions around the world so it has access to a diverse selection of talent, but then it has the brilliant idea of presenting a team called The Akbars in 2015.

Henry could be a great face for the company. It's a damned shame he didn't get one more title run after turning on Cena after that fake retirement announcement.

He's a Texas guy so hopefully they will give him some kind of a nice send off at WM32.

So Philly is suppoosed to be rumored to be in line for Wrestlemania 33...would this be a good time to induct some old ECW guys into the Hall of Fame? Would Vince even bother?

So Philly is suppoosed to be rumored to be in line for Wrestlemania 33...would this be a good time to induct some old ECW guys into the Hall of Fame? Would Vince even bother?

At where? Lincoln or Citizens? Lincoln would be weird, but it'd make sense. And it's so dirt easy to get to.

kiguel182

Can't believe Gable and Jordan didn't win. The worst team in the whole tournament going to the finals, ugh.

I guess I'll comment on this after watching the whole thing. Still, good match and the crowd was hot for it.

Does Philly have a new stadium or something? It would really suck to fly thousands of miles to hang out in fucking Philly too. I don't think Vince is that desperate.

Does Philly have a new stadium or something? It would really suck to fly thousands of miles to hang out in fucking Philly too. I don't think Vince is that desperate.

Lincoln and Citizens are fairly new, also wtf what's wrong with Philly, I'm coming for you bro

But legit, after the Rumble last year, no way Philly gets Mania

Maybe even moreso since all the people from England come over.

Where's the Superbowl at the next few years? That's probably a good indication for where Mania will be.

Houston, TX so that's out for WM. I dont' believe WWE has hosted an event at Lucas Oil Field in Indy so maybe that's in play.

Top Bottom