• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Well, now I'm hungry.

y16.jpg

DO.DO.DO.DO.DOSHA.DODODODO BA DOODLE DOO DUNNA

lesnar's theme after dropping papa johns for new sponsor

klonere

Banned
On this day, 15 years ago the wall came down when AJPW's ace Toshiaki Kawada challenged NJPW champion and G1 winner Kensuke Sasaki to a match to determine who's The Man in Japanese pro wrestling.
King's Road vs Strong Style
AJPW ace vs NJPW ace
Big fight feel in the TOKYO DOME!

I love this match and i recommend for those that haven't seen it to check it out:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xgo6a_toshiaki-kawada-vs-kensuke-sasaki-njpw_sport

My favorite bit of trivia about this is that Inoki completely refused to acknowledge this ever happened when it was brought up a few years later. I think that's true anyway.

kiguel182

I definitely agree about Gable and Jordan. I think they would've been a more exciting matchup for Balor/Joe. Still, it seems kinda strange to have the two teams that AREN'T legit tag teams in the finals but, to be honest, Corbin really looked pretty good out there. He's improved quite a bit...I'm really more "upset" that Balor/Joe won it all.

Gable and Jordan will have their time though. They (and the Mechanics) came out of it looking like solid contenders for the tag belts. Let's just hope they don't break them up before they get a good run.

Does anybody know if they plan on having the Dusty Classic annually? Somebody here mentioned that they basically booked a NJPW style tourney with the freelancers and trophy presentation...and Triple H said he was open to working more with NJPW....and Liger had a match in NXT...

Nakamura/Okada for next year's Dusty Classic!! (I can dream)

I still don't see it in Corbin. I really don't like him and since apparently he has been in development for some time I don't see him improving that much. I thought maybe as a heel he would shine but I'm still not seeing it.

Gable and Jordan work great as a tag team, they should really stick together since they have great chemistry and the gimmick has given Jordan a personality which was something he was really lacking. I would love to see them go for the belts soon.

Balor and Joe winning was meh but I guess they wanted a big feel good moment to honor Dusty. I guess this will also serve as the stepping stone for their feud which is eventually good I think. Balor is also showing some helish signs and I'm curious to see what they'll do with that.

Barrage

I still don't see it in Corbin. I really don't like him and since apparently he has been in development for some time I don't see him improving that much. I thought maybe as a heel he would shine but I'm still not seeing it.

Gable and Jordan work great as a tag team, they should really stick together since they have great chemistry and the gimmick has given Jordan a personality which was something he was really lacking. I would love to see them go for the belts soon.

Balor and Joe winning was meh but I guess they wanted a big feel good moment to honor Dusty. I guess this will also serve as the stepping stone for their feud which is eventually good I think. Balor is also showing some helish signs and I'm curious to see what they'll do with that.

Corbin's growing at a quick pace this summer, he just had a entertainin match with Samoa Joe (Joe's first in NXT, IMO) and had the best tag match of the night at Takeover.

Jordan's been in development for some time too, do you see him improving that much?

I love Gable and Jordan too, but I understand that they wanted a straight Face VS Heel, good guys win finish to the tourney. I respect that.Those that wanted it to end with a Dusty Finish...frome every interview with him I don't think Dusty views that as his most enduring legacy.

The good guys rode into town, fought the odds, and got their hands raised. That's Dusty Rhodes to me.

kiguel182

Corbin's growing at a quick pace this summer, he just had a entertainin match with Samoa Joe (Joe's first in NXT, IMO) and had the best tag match of the night at Takeover.

Jordan's been in development for some time too, do you see him improving that much?

I love Gable and Jordan too, but I understand that they wanted a straight Face VS Heel, good guys win finish to the tourney. I respect that.Those that wanted it to end with a Dusty Finish...frome every interview with him I don't think Dusty views that as his most enduring legacy.

The good guys rode into town, fought the odds, and got their hands raised. That's Dusty Rhodes to me.

I think Jordan really improved when paired with Gable. I already liked him in the ring but have been enjoying his mic work.

I don't see the same in Corbin. Takeover's match was great but I don't think Corbin was the reason for it. I admit his match with Joe was pretty solid too but nothing special.

To add to that I also don't buy him on the mic and his mannerisms on the ring. He just does very little for me.

Barrage

I think Jordan really improved when paired with Gable. I already liked him in the ring but have been enjoying his mic work.

I don't see the same in Corbin. Takeover's match was great but I don't think Corbin was the reason for it. I admit his match with Joe was pretty solid too but nothing special.

To add to that I also don't buy him on the mic and his mannerisms on the ring. He just does very little for me.

You're entitled to your opinion, but ive never been a big believer when people try to selectively give one wrestler (or one team) all of the praise for a good match. It's always screamed to me of bias, and people only wanting to recognize their favourites.

It's like when people siad that Bryan was the sole reason the Bryan/Reigns match was so good, or that Bryan carried him. So why was Bryan/Ziggler (the 10 times they did it) worse? Did Bryan just decide not to carry Ziggler as far?

I'm a big believer that it takes two to tango. Admitting someone you don't dig played their part in making a match good doesn't harm your favourites, it feels very freeing!

Dion314

Neo Member

I hear you. I think he's developing into a pretty decent big man. He's still got a ways to go and you're definitely right about his lack of mic work but I think he can get there. At worst he can be the silent big man of a stable.

And that ASUKA video? God....I LOVE the way she smiles at Emma...so subtle and borderline uncomfortable. Smiling but basically saying "I'll fuck you up too."

Oh and props to Dana Brooke who is also improving. I wonder if they'll run an angle where everybody knows Asuka beat her...except her.

Heel

Asuka may have the best Tweeter going at the moment, save Vader.

https://twitter.com/wweasuka

Hunger is the best sauce...

Dana

chuckle chuckle
It's coming soon....

Dana

chuckle chuckle
Do you want to hang out this weekend? Dana...

chuckle
Dear Dana. Where is Dana Brooke... There's always a special place in my heart for ya. You are always on my mind.

sizzling
munch munch
Now, let's get the game started! (ΦωΦ)HAHAHA...
Be careful! Be careful! Be careful! Be careful! Be careful! Be careful! Be careful! Be careful! Be careful!

CPohfp1VAAAZShu.png

(ΦωΦ)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
so is crossfit, and competitive crossfit is still dumb

i'm just saying, I didn't think it was a thing they can do what they want I don't actually care
Lot's of things are dumb, but Seth Rollins does crossfit and he's the world champion of a fake sport. so yeah

Nekofrog

Banned
oh, and while watching NXT last night, at the end my wife said that we should go to a show, since her family lives in winter park. we live in california, so i'm not sure if going all that way to see it would be worth having to also see her stupid family

I'm also not a big fan of it. It's alright, and I'm sure the kids love it.

I'm not sure how having this opinion makes one a gimmick poster.

I said nothing of the sort, and I agree with the opinion. "is carnby stro?" is a question that's been running rampant throughout the minds of WrassleGAFers for weeks now. We may never know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's quite the way to hold a lightsaber.

Finally getting around to Takeover Respect. Finally. Goddammit.

Top Bottom