• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

kiguel182

Finally finished NXT Respect and it was really great. Awesome stuff.

Asuka, Gable and the main-event were the highlights and I loved every second of those.

The only thing that dropped the ball for me was the finals of the tournament not having Gable and Jordan. I don't like Rhyno or Corbin and it seemed like a waste to have them there. They were the worst team of the bunch for sure. If they start pushing Corbin hard after this it's going to suck.

The main event was amazing. For me it was just as good as the first. They changed it up quite a bit and it felt totally fresh. Another match of the year from those two and it deserved a better stage than the full sail arena. I'm going to miss Sasha for sure but the rest of the division looks great so I'm hopeful Bayley's next feud will also be great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Such a cool goddamn photo.
tumblr_nvxpc1eDTl1qf7xjao1_r1_400.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From Hoarr at WCWWorldwide, Houston friends take note, this is going on tomorrow:

tumblr_nvxiemP5EG1sg99p0o1_540.jpg

This Saturday night in Houston, TX, five of the Nitro Girls will be making an appearance at Booker T’s Reality of Wrestling. For the low, low price of $25, not only do you get to meet Chae, Spice, Storm (Sharmell), Fyre and Tygress — you can actually get a photo with the former WCW dance troupe!

Click here to buy tickets to Reality of Wrestling Live – Saturday October 10th
Been holding off on posting this for a while as one of the Reality of Wrestling guys let me know that they were still working on things (Nitro Girl Fyre actually was added fairly recently to the show), but it looks like this is the final lineup. As for some of the other original Nitro Girls, I have no idea what most of them are currently up to nowadays. It’s common knowledge that Nitro Girl Whisper married Shawn Michaels but the whereabouts of A.C. Jazz, Tayo and Kimberly?

No clue!

Booker’s always been real good about putting on a fun show for his live ROW events, and I’ve had a blast every time I’ve attended. Mysterious Q, Abel Andrew Jackson and Rockstar Robbie are my personal favorites but it looks like my real-world job might keep me from driving out to Houston this weekend to make the show. Still, I have friends who might be going, and I’ll look to see if they can provide some decent photos of their meet-and-greets with The Nitro Girls (as I know that they wouldn’t miss the chance to stammer like an idiot in front of Chae and Spice).

Dion314

Neo Member
The only thing that dropped the ball for me was the finals of the tournament not having Gable and Jordan. I don't like Rhyno or Corbin and it seemed like a waste to have them there. They were the worst team of the bunch for sure. If they start pushing Corbin hard after this it's going to suck

I definitely agree about Gable and Jordan. I think they would've been a more exciting matchup for Balor/Joe. Still, it seems kinda strange to have the two teams that AREN'T legit tag teams in the finals but, to be honest, Corbin really looked pretty good out there. He's improved quite a bit...I'm really more "upset" that Balor/Joe won it all.

Gable and Jordan will have their time though. They (and the Mechanics) came out of it looking like solid contenders for the tag belts. Let's just hope they don't break them up before they get a good run.

Does anybody know if they plan on having the Dusty Classic annually? Somebody here mentioned that they basically booked a NJPW style tourney with the freelancers and trophy presentation...and Triple H said he was open to working more with NJPW....and Liger had a match in NXT...

Nakamura/Okada for next year's Dusty Classic!! (I can dream)

Fyre, Spice, Storm, Fyre, and Tygress. They have the complete line-up of the Nitro Girls pop band, Diversity 5.

I can find no traces of Diversity 5's one single, "I Promise/Shake Me Up" anywhere on the Web.

I definitely agree about Gable and Jordan. I think they would've been a more exciting matchup for Balor/Joe. Still, it seems kinda strange to have the two teams that AREN'T legit tag teams in the finals but, to be honest, Corbin really looked pretty good out there. He's improved quite a bit...I'm really more "upset" that Balor/Joe won it all.

Gable and Jordan will have their time though. They (and the Mechanics) came out of it looking like solid contenders for the tag belts. Let's just hope they don't break them up before they get a good run.

Does anybody know if they plan on having the Dusty Classic annually? Somebody here mentioned that they basically booked a NJPW style tourney with the freelancers and trophy presentation...and Triple H said he was open to working more with NJPW....and Liger had a match in NXT...

Nakamura/Okada for next year's Dusty Classic!! (I can dream)

Even replicating that moment when Naruki Doi and Shingo won the ROH World Tag Team Championships off of the Briscoes and held them for a little less than a month before dropping them back to the Briscoes would work with a hypothetical NJPW team in a hypothetical second Dusty Classic. (Obviously, this isn't the first time this has ever happened, but it's the first example that came to mind.)

Dragon Gate wrestlers bore me to tears now
They haven't changed in years! Same damn spots all day err day

The human body can only do so much; it feels like the top Dragon Gate guys have reached peak physical conditioning, and it's hard to innovate after a point.

The smile on the Sid's figure is too jolly and friendly. It's not unhinged enough.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What a fucking idiot, and Jericho is a fucking moron for even giving him a second of airtime.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/...ieves-Chris-Benoit-Was-Involved-In-Mob-Style/

Legendary wrestling journalist Bill Apter was recently interviewed on episode 182 of Talk Is Jericho podcast in which he revealed his theory behind the Chris Benoit tragedy.

Apter believes that the Benoits were murdered in a mob-style hit and the murder scene was staged to make it appear like Benoit killed is wife and son Daniel before killing himself:

"I think somehow Chris got in some sort of trouble. I don't know what it was, I don't know what it was after or whatever, but I think something happened. I think when he got home, Nancy and his son were already dead." Apter continued, "to me, if a hit, a murder, is done in a professional way, they can make it look like you did it and you committed suicide as well."

Apter, who said that the couple seemed fine two weeks prior to the tragedy, indicated that the killing of Daniel, is what really does not add up.

"I understand that husbands and wives kill each other sometimes. They do! But not the boy. This is what didn't make sense to me." Apter added, "because I knew they had a volatile relationship, [Chris] and Nancy, there were a lot of issues and all that, but because of Daniel, the boy, and how enamored he was with Daniel, I still, today, can't fathom that he could do this."

Jericho, while he did not concur with Apter noted that it was a "plausible" theory.

"It's as plausible as what the official explanation is and there isn't one. It's very kind of shady".

When asked what he thinks happened, Jericho said that he thinks concussions played a role.

"I would say, if I'm talking rationally, I would say concussions. I would say the same thing that happened with Junior Seau and all these type of guys," Jericho added, "nothing makes sense about it. It could be concussions. It could be rage. It could be demonic possession for all I know. There's no real closure on that."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit he has ghost and monster hunters on there. I don't think he believes any of that shit. Just being polite to get guests.

It's one thing to have a monster hunter on a show, it's another to let someone be a cunt about the Benoit situation. Just my own opinion but that's crazy disrespectful.

Striker

Speaking of Jericho's show, I was listening to the Mark Henry bit a while ago and he spoke about the Kliq being a bunch of dicks to The Rock while he was just starting (so guessing this was 1997). So they had to be Shawn and Hunter. I initially thought X-Pac due to the stuff with Sable, but he didn't come back until that next year. They probably kept doing shit then, too, who knows.

Has Cena done anything pathetic as such? I thought I remember about something with Alex Riley, but he sucks, no big loss.

miserable

On this day, 15 years ago the wall came down when AJPW's ace Toshiaki Kawada challenged NJPW champion and G1 winner Kensuke Sasaki to a match to determine who's The Man in Japanese pro wrestling.
King's Road vs Strong Style
AJPW ace vs NJPW ace
Big fight feel in the TOKYO DOME!

kawada1waqip.gif
kensuke1hnqx6.gif

kawada3t7rjf.gif

kensuke37vo93.gif

kawada450r28.gif

kensuke4app8c.gif

The grueling battle ended with the victory of Kawada, after he countered Sasaki's LARIATO attempt

countero9p8q.gif

After the loss Kensuke felt so ashamed that he decided to give up his IWGP title

shameofpqv.gif

I love this match and i recommend for those that haven't seen it to check it out:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xgo6a_toshiaki-kawada-vs-kensuke-sasaki-njpw_sport

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On this day, 15 years ago the wall came down when AJPW's ace Toshiaki Kawada challenged NJPW champion and G1 winner Kensuke Sasaki to a match to determine who's The Man in Japanese pro wrestling.
AJPW ace vs NJPW ace

I love this match and i recommend for those that haven't seen it to check it out:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xgo6a_toshiaki-kawada-vs-kensuke-sasaki-njpw_sport

I recommend it too, a great pick. Love it every time I see it. Kawada was such a badass.

AJPW ace vs NJPW ace

If you've never seen this, rectify that error and watch this match.

It was really fun to see him at King of Trios 2008; the crowd's "Blood runs cold" chant was great, and he was still in great shape.

Dion314

Neo Member
If you've never seen this, rectify that error and watch this match.

Yes and do it quickly. If you wanna see two guys TRULY beat the shit out of each other, this match is for you.

I watched this a while back after seeing that gif of the Sasaki lariat/Kawada kick.

You hear the phrase "hard hitting" in wrestling a lot....THIS is one of the hardest hitting matches I've ever seen.

Aiii

So not worth it
¡HarlequinPanic!;181162298 said:
start one up if you're so jealous that ladies doing stunts requiring a ton of core strength is showing you up, squanto.

Maybe in Japan, they're probably down for this kind of stuff. Make a show out of it with one of those miniature reaction shots of the hosts at the bottom.

Top Bottom